• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RnR Savannah, GA - Marathon & Half-Marathon - Nov. 5, 2011

This will be my 2nd HM (unless I pick up another one before Savannah). I'll be running with a friend that lives in Savannah.

I'm running the half in Savannah!! Myself and a bunch of friends from all over are meeting there to run! We did the same thing last April with the Country Music Rock N Roll in Nashville.

In Savannah, we've rented a huge house that is one block from the finish line so we can limp, umm I mean walk, home!

Teresa - the house idea sounds great! I'm signed up to do the Half in Savannah as well. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone to go with me yet. So, it may be a solo run. I probably won't mind it though. I've heard these Rock n Roll races are great and I'm thinking I'll have plenty of entertainment!

They haven't posted the course yet. But officials were pretty sure it would end at Forsyth. If not, no worries!

We got a great house the day after the announced the run at a super cheap price. The house owner didn't know about the event so we got way off season prices. Now the other house we looked at are ticking up in price because of the run.

I need to get a hotel room. My kids (15/11) want to come with me. During the Princess they were with my friends so I didn't have to think twice about them. My oldes will be almost 16 and both are very responsible, but it concerns me that they want to be there on their own. Typing it out makes it sound even crazier. The friend I'm running with has family in town so maybe they'll cheer together.

The hotel rates for the specific hotels listed on the RnR site aren't cheap. Guess I need to get on it. I let it slide on the Princess and wound up having to stay off property. It worked out great and I'll probably do that again next year. However, the stress of having to find something last minute wasn't fun.

I need to get a hotel room. My kids (15/11) want to come with me. During the Princess they were with my friends so I didn't have to think twice about them. My oldes will be almost 16 and both are very responsible, but it concerns me that they want to be there on their own. Typing it out makes it sound even crazier. The friend I'm running with has family in town so maybe they'll cheer together.

The hotel rates for the specific hotels listed on the RnR site aren't cheap. Guess I need to get on it. I let it slide on the Princess and wound up having to stay off property. It worked out great and I'll probably do that again next year. However, the stress of having to find something last minute wasn't fun.

If you are going with another family, check out vbro.com. You may be able to get a house at a good rate once you split costs.

Faith hope joy - where in North Fla are you? I'm in the panhandle

True North Floridians would consider me Central Florida. I'm 70 miles north of Disney World and 50 miles south of Gainesville. So does that make me North Central Florida?

Ocala to be exact. :)

It's funny that they have the suggested hotels listed by distance from the start, distance from the finish, and distance from the Expo - and yet they don't seem to know where the start, finish, or Expo are going to be! *laugh*

I need to get something lined up as far as hotels go for the weekend as well. Looks like I'll be waiting closer to time though. I would prefer to stay somewhere that I could walk to the start and finish, but if I need to drive, I need parking info! Don't they know that some of us are rather obsessive about knowing this stuff in advance??

Teresa, thanks for the VBRO idea. I never thought of that. I've found some places that might work. I've only been to Savannah once. We stayed in a hotel that was further away from the Historic District. Much cheaper and just a quick drive down one of the main roads into the HD. We found easy parking and walked our days away. I don't think I want to do that this time around. Now to decide where. Closer to Forsyth (cheaper) or anywhere else (more expensive).

I tweeted the RnR folks about when we might be getting the course map.

VisitSavannah tweeted back to say this:

Course Map announcement in just a few weeks! Stay tuned!

I tweeted VisitSavannah with a thank you and said that I was anxious to find a place to stay near the race. They responded back with.

Anywhere you stay in the downtown/Historic District area will be in proximity to the race! :)

Hi All! I’m from Savannah and when they announced the RnR I decided it could be my first full marathon.

I spoke with someone from RnR at another race expo and I was told that they knew the race would begin on Broughton Street and end in Forsyth Park. It was the middle (and most important part) they were trying to work out.

My guess is that they’ll take us out towards the islands and back through mid-town but who knows.

It should be a lovely day either way; and I’d love to answer any questions you may have about the city I’ve spent most of my life in.

See you there!

I'm looking forward to adding this to my state collection of halfs. Will be staying in Port Wentworth Hampton and driving in to park somewhere. Figure there just has to be parking for folks and this time will join in on the drive.

Looking forward to playing in the area too.

I'm planning to do the Full if I don't make it through the NYC lottery this year.

Course Announcement Party at Fleet Feet

Be the first to see the course, mingle with fellow participants, learn about the about the event and kick off your training with us!

When and Where:

Tuesday, April 26th 6 pm to 8 pm

Fleet Feet
3405 Waters Avenue
Savannah, GA 31404

Who: Runners, Aspiring Runners, Walkers, and Volunteers – anyone interested in registering for, or learning more about the Inaugural Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & ½ Marathon

The Event:

• A FREE kick-off party for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & ½ Marathon
  • Runners and walkers may register for the Marathon or Half Marathon for $10 off the regular entry fee;
  • the first 15 to register will receive a free training shirt
  • Cytomax, the Official Sports Drink, will be sampling the Official on-course drink
  • Several charity affiliates will be spreading the good word on charities you can get involved with
  • Fleet Feet will provide a one-time 20% off discount ALL DAY
  • Complimentary refreshments will be provided.
Raffle prizes will be given at random to attendees throughout the night.

The Schedule:

• 6:00pm: Meet and Mingle with Fleet Feet Staff, other runners and Rock ‘n’ Roll staff
  • 6:30pm: Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series highlight video, brief overview of event, course unveiling
  • 7:00pm: Race Q & A
  • 7:15pm: Drawing for Raffle Prize

Darn, too bad that wasn't last month, or to bad I don't live closer. I was there after the Shamrock Anthem half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter