RnR rocking Providence RI Aug 7th, 2011

Does anyone know what the elevation is like on the Providence course? I'm thinking of signing up, but don't really want to if it's going to be super hilly.

Don't know elevation. Sorry. Hope that does not deter you from signing on though.

We got flights booked today! And, now all that's needed is training for me I think.

I will have to look at flights again. Last time I looked it was over $400 to fly from Detroit to Providence. Unfortunately that's just not in the budget right now. Right now I am planning on road tripping it. Although gas prices might just push me back towards flying.

My sisters and I just registered for this yesterday! We are looking forward to it. My first half was the Princess this past February, but I haven't run more than 3.5 miles at a time since then. I guess I need to ramp up the training soon!

My sisters and I just registered for this yesterday! We are looking forward to it. My first half was the Princess this past February, but I haven't run more than 3.5 miles at a time since then. I guess I need to ramp up the training soon!
Whoo hooo! More for the fun!

I just got an email with the Providence course.

Awesome! I am really looking forward to this one. It is going to be tough for me though. I just found out my cousin is getting married the night before and I HAVE to be at her wedding. It will be a 6 hour drive for me to get there after the wedding. Driving through the night and then running 13+ miles. Ack!

Awesome! I am really looking forward to this one. It is going to be tough for me though. I just found out my cousin is getting married the night before and I HAVE to be at her wedding. It will be a 6 hour drive for me to get there after the wedding. Driving through the night and then running 13+ miles. Ack!

Ugh. Good luck! Makes me glad I'm not close to my cousins and feel no guilt missing theirs. LOL.

Was looking at the website for race info today and they had a picture of the medal up. I really like it!! It's different than the others that I have or have seen, less cartoonlike and more realistic. Here it is:

Hi, all my WISH friends! I am signed up for this. I don't know what I was thinking, but I am very happy to know that old friends and new friends will be there.

It has been a year and 3 days since the bone and cartilage graft in my knee. I walked 8.5 miles last Saturday, but it is a good thing this one has a 4 hour time limit because I am not very optimistic. On top of that, no time for training, with proms, senior year activities and graduation events for 2 HS seniors and one college senior, Special Olympics Summer Games, a weekend trip away for a bridal shower and then 3 weekends consumed by our 2 week trip to Europe. EEK! I can only hope that all the walking I'll be doing in Europe will be cross-training of sorts. :)

The bling looks great!

Cam - Glad to see you signed up. It'll be nice to see you again. I'm sure walking around Europe will be good cross-training for you.

I'm glad there's a 4 hour time limit, too. I've had such a hard time getting back in the training groove after an injury. I feel like such a slug - no motivation. I start training, then have long lapses. Then get started again. I erally need to find some motivation!

Can't wait to see everybody there, though!

Terri

I'm in too...glad there will be some familiar faces, and looking forward to meeting some new ones too!

I am hoping to do this one. I was going to sign up now, and wouldn't you know it - just missed the $13 discount on the 13th!

Yikes! Just tried looking at hotels. Not only are they on the expensive side, some are completely booked! :(

For those of you that have done RnR races before -- do they have line ups by pace? I'm just thinking I want to be in the right group, not too fast, not too slow...

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

For those of you that have done RnR races before -- do they have line ups by pace? I'm just thinking I want to be in the right group, not too fast, not too slow...

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

you put down your predicted pace and then rnr will assign your corral. but based on my experiences that everyone else lies, so if you're honest, you'll be stuck in a corral with people that are least 1-2 minute/mile slower than you. plus the rnr fields seem to be much slower than your average race, so you might want to factor that in too. it's so much easier when races require you to submit proof of time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter