?? RnR ? For Big Folks

fostrmom2mny

DIS Veteran
I am wondering how the seating is on this ride? There have been some rides that I can't fit on, so I'd like info. If you'd rather e mail me privatly, That would be fine. Although I've lost weight since last year (80 pounds) I still get freaked out about fitting in some rides, especially if I haven't ridden them before. I'm still a large lady, dang it, if I could just loose my belly, everything else is about normal sized on a large scale I love roller coasters and the one at my local Theme park has the seating where a bar comes over your head and clicks. It is set up induvidual, so my 250 pound body can sit right next to my 80 pounds DS.

Also, would my size be a Disability consideration in requesting a room closest to the bus stop? I'm hoping not to, but I may have to rent a wheelchair at one of the theme parks after a couple of days. My hips hurt me somethoing terrible by the second day of walking. Yep, my feet hurt too, but it's my hips and back that almost causes me to be able to move. Thaks for any replies.

mick_spin.gif

Welcome. I can't help you on the RnR question because I am too chicken to ride it.
On your other question about the bus stop, there are no guarantees that you will get what you list for your requests, even if you have a disability. (The only exception is if you need a totally wheelchair accessible room). They do assume that whatever is listed first is the most important to you and they will try to fill that first. The preferences that are listed on your confirmation letter are what is in the computer. If something else is listed first, you can call and ask them to change the order. When you check in, look at the map before you leave the desk and to see how far you are from a bus stop. Sometimes the shortest way to the bus stop is not evident from your room.ê

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Hiya...and welcome!! I might be able to help you :) I, myself, am unable (and also choose not to LOL) to ride RnR but my DH (who is also like you and myself Big People) has ridden it! :) He says that he cant recall the type of restraint used...but said that if it was an over head restraint then obviously it was big enuff cuz he loves the ride and at most parks that have those types is told to go somewhere else to play LOL :) So yes I think RnR will be a safe bet!! :)

Wheelsie Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
and
DisneyTips
wheelsie@mail.wdwinfo.com

yyc_mc.gif
dischat.gif

I was on it in June. My 5'9" size 28 self, and dh 6'3" 2x both got on it with no problem, and room to spare! Disney is great for large sizes usually, been on every coaster and wild ride that Disney has, and no size problems with any of them.

I'm 5'5" and 250 lbs. I rode last fall without any problems. I'm trying to lose before we go again. I don't mean that anyone else should lose. I just think it will be better for me personally and help with my Arthritis.

Have Fun! :cool:

Daisimae
Proud Survivor of the Space Mountain Morning-Mini Marathon and Splash Mountain Rapid Rampage
'89-CBR
'90-CBR
'91-CBR
'92-PO
'94-PO
'00-PO/3-day Wonder
'01-PO
'02 - Magic 7 day/PO
2003-Family Reunion-Probably at Safari Logde

We just got back from WDW on Sun. My dh and I (6' - 4XLT, and 5'6" size 22) had no problems with the RnR. We loved it. The seats are high in the back to give support to the upper back and neck. The restraints are the over-the-head-sort-of-U-shaped bars (if you know what I mean). They click into place individually to accomodate different sizes. My only complaint with that ride is the volume. There are speakers right next to each ear and they crank up the Aerosmith. Bring earplugs -- my ears were ringing for about an hour after I got off the ride. Also the best time to ride is during the Mulan parade, we were able to ride twice in a row with almost no waiting. Have Fun!

I rode with my niece. I am at least a 2XL (more of me to love) & my niece is about 80 lbs. & about 4'5". We fit fine. It has a restraint that comes over your head, rests on your shoulders, and across your chest. This is a great coaster. What a rush! I can't wait to do it again!

I rode RNR twice with my friend's son. I'm am fairly large person (5'8" and kinda wide) and he's 8 year old size. I had the best time on that ride and look forward to riding it again in March! No problem shoving my butt into the seat.

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter