RnR coaster at MGM closed in Sept??

Don't forget the crane will be out at the Castle to add the Christmas lights, what's going to be closed in September at Animal Kingdom.
Magic Kingdom
HM - 9/13
Castle Crane (sometime in September- )
Epcot
Spaceship Earth (11/14)
MGM
RNR (10/4 i think)
AK
???

My sister-in-law went a couple of years ago in February. She has 3 young boys. She had to break it to them that Buzz Light Year wouldn't be running. One son said, "Oh Well, at least there is Test Track". Then she had to break the new again. Their TWO favorite rides were closed.

First of all... www.wdwinfo.com doesn't even have correct confirmed rehab dates:

They list it as:
The Haunted Mansion - Closing June 6 - September 12, 2007
The King's Gallery - Closing on July 5 thru September 9, 2007. Being converted to the MK Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Astro Orbitor - Closed from 8/12/07 - 8/25/07
Liberty Square Riverboat - Closed 9/17 - 9/20
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Closed 10/1 - 10/24
Tony's Town Square - Closed 1/1/08 - 1/31/08

Astro Orbitor closure is now starting on 9/9... confirmed on Disney's site and notice how Donald's Boat's rehab dates are not listed. I do not fault the Dis for this, but it's obvious they aren't exactly "on the ball" with rehab information. I have a hard time accepting the RRC refurb when they don't even have the correct information for confirmed refurbishments posted by Disney.

Promise I'm not trying to slam the Dis... just voicing my opinion:flower3: I won't believe it until it goes up on the Disneyworld.com site.

As for others saying "we should expect this"... I completely agree! In fact, I accept the HM closure, the SSE closure, the Astro Orbitor closure, and the several other attractions. I admitt I'm disapointed, and understand that's the price we pay with those travel dates. What I don't consider acceptable is the short notice as well as the long refurb following a 2-3month refurb earlier this year. We missed it in January, and if this is true, we'll miss it again this trip. That right there is down right unacceptable, and I am disapointed with disney in those regards. :headache:

As for handing out tickets at the Coaster Courtyard? That's actually the courtyard within the RRC entrance gates. In the past with RRC rehabs, they had that entrance gates physically closed to prevent people from entering and trying to get in line. I actually take this as a "good sign". :confused3

I seriously want to cry right now!! I haven't been to Disney in like 10 years and have never been on RnR. I was just talking w/my sister yesterday about how excited I am to go on it. I was getting all giddy talking about it! Then I see on here :mad: :mad: :sad2: :sad1: That was the ride I was most excited about going on.... please let this be a misprint or something!

We probably won't be back for another 10 years :sad2: ugg, I want to puke!

With RNR closed there goes any hope for a short line at Tower of Terror.

I go every September and this year there seems to be more things closed then in years past.

It wouldn't be so bad but I am staying at All Stars and they have extended the pool rehab, so now it will be closed when I am there.
Way to kick me when I am down Disney. :scared:

I did go to DL for the first time in September a few years back and Space Moutain, Matterhorn and HM were all closed. That was awful.

I guess I will have to go back again in the spring when everything is open. :lmao:

Promise I'm not trying to slam the Dis... just voicing my opinion:flower3: I won't believe it until it goes up on the Disneyworld.com site.

I agree. I also am not trying to slam the Dis, but no other site that lists rehabs shows that RnR will be down. Not a one. So either the Dis is working with inside information that absolutely no one else has, or there's been a mistake made somewhere. I'll wait until it's posted on Disneyworld.com before I take it as gospel.

You people seem to be worrying over nothing. NOTHING about RNRRC being closed is posted on the official rehab page on Disney's website. It sounds to me that RNRRC closing is just a rumour. If it was closing in September I am certain Disney would have it posted on their site. I don't see them planning a rehab for September at this late date on such a major attraction.

You people seem to be worrying over nothing. NOTHING about RNRRC being closed is posted on the official rehab page on Disney's website. It sounds to me that RNRRC closing is just a rumour. If it was closing in September I am certain Disney would have it posted on their site. I don't see them planning a rehab for September at this late date on such a major attraction.

I sure hope you're right. We all need some pixie dust! :wizard:

I'm soooo confused! :confused3

My main source of this rumor has always been MGMStudios.org. They had real information on why. Now that I went to check it with them, it is not listed as rehab. :confused3

http://www.mgmstudios.org/rehab.html

.....And here is what mouseplanet.com says:

Disney-MGM Studios
Magic of Disney Animation – September 15 to November 16.
Residential Street at the Disney-MGM Studios has been closed and is undergoing demolition to prepare the site for a new “E-ticket stunt-show attraction” believed to be an American version of the popular Moteurs… Action! stunt show from the Walt Disney Studios at Disneyland Paris.
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster – September 7 - September 14 for brake replacements and other rehab work.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will receive a lot of rehab work in September—reportedly on the ride control system and cable replacements— but will only be closed from September 22 through 26. One side of the tower will be closed from September 18 to 21. Both sides will be down from September 22 to 26, and the Tower opens again running one side only from September 27 to November 17. Capacity will be decreased during the rehab, but will be offset by smaller off-season crowds smaller crowds.
Sets from the upcoming Haunted Mansion movie are scheduled to open in the old Backstage Pass soundstage on October 6.
The Brown Derby Restaurant – September 14 to 20 for rehab.

I'm soooo confused! :confused3

My main source of this rumor has always been MGMStudios.org. They had real information on why. Now that I went to check it with them, it is not listed as rehab. :confused3

http://www.mgmstudios.org/rehab.html

.....And here is what mouseplanet.com says:

Disney-MGM Studios
Magic of Disney Animation – September 15 to November 16.
Residential Street at the Disney-MGM Studios has been closed and is undergoing demolition to prepare the site for a new “E-ticket stunt-show attraction” believed to be an American version of the popular Moteurs… Action! stunt show from the Walt Disney Studios at Disneyland Paris.
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster – September 7 - September 14 for brake replacements and other rehab work.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will receive a lot of rehab work in September—reportedly on the ride control system and cable replacements— but will only be closed from September 22 through 26. One side of the tower will be closed from September 18 to 21. Both sides will be down from September 22 to 26, and the Tower opens again running one side only from September 27 to November 17. Capacity will be decreased during the rehab, but will be offset by smaller off-season crowds smaller crowds.
Sets from the upcoming Haunted Mansion movie are scheduled to open in the old Backstage Pass soundstage on October 6.
The Brown Derby Restaurant – September 14 to 20 for rehab.

I think the Mousplanet info is old. After all, Haunted Mansion movie has been out several years now.;) . Also the stunt show they refer to is the car stunt show already going on in MGM.

.....And here is what mouseplanet.com says is:

Could you tell me where on mouseplanet.com it says that? When I look under the latest update for July 30 - August 5, 2007, all it says is:

Disney-MGM Studios
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster – closed for refurbishment September 2-30 (dates unconfirmed).
Mickey Avenue – closed through at least next spring for installation of the Toy Story Mania attraction and related theming.

Thanks! :goodvibes

This thread and anything regarding the RNR rehab is a Rumor and Always has been .

Please don't let it be true! I'll be watching and waiting. This is my favorite ride too!

Man I think even the owners of the Dis are confused about this thats problly why the went ahead and posted it , Cause it MAY be true if they didnt post it and it was down it would look like they dropped the ball

I spoke with a CM about a hour ago (on the phone) and she said YES RNR WILL BE DOWN the whole month of September. I am Bummed but you know what Its disney...Im sure we will have fun anyway-right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter