• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rivers of light

jschlicht3

Earning My Ears
What is the best way to see Rivers of light? Do we need to do a fast pass to get seating? Do you need seating? Any place we can go to around the water and just stand and see the show like you do at Epcot? If we need seating to see is it best to do a dinner/show package? We will be there at the end of August so trying to plan ahead. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Jodi

With littlest wait will be dining package followed by FP. If you're doing standby, from my experience it's usually full an hour prior to showtime. Dining package or FP I'd recommend getting there about 45 min prior

With littlest wait will be dining package followed by FP. If you're doing standby, from my experience it's usually full an hour prior to showtime. Dining package or FP I'd recommend getting there about 45 min prior
Thanks

We have FP for Rivers of Light in June. I have already been tossing over this is a worth while show to see. I am afraid my kids (ages 2, 10, 12) will not find it interesting and then would have wasted a FP. If we need to be there 45 minutes early even with having a FP I'm not sure it will be worth it to us. Any suggestions or comments?

We have FP for Rivers of Light in June. I have already been tossing over this is a worth while show to see. I am afraid my kids (ages 2, 10, 12) will not find it interesting and then would have wasted a FP. If we need to be there 45 minutes early even with having a FP I'm not sure it will be worth it to us. Any suggestions or comments?

Top FPs at DAK will very likely be important for Pandora.
With the new Tiering, the complexities of FP at DAK will become serious.

Regardless, only you can effectively judge what your party will find interesting or worth the waiting.

Top FPs at DAK will very likely be important for Pandora.
With the new Tiering, the complexities of FP at DAK will become serious.
We have FP for the Navi boat ride already in addition to the Safari. Wondering if we should keep Rivers of Light or go with Expedition Everest or Kali River Rapids.

Dining Package not only limits the wait time before the show over FP or Standby, it also frees up that FP to be used earlier in the day ... so you might could have a shot at a rolling fourth FP. If you tie up a FP with Rivers of Light, there's little chance of getting in 4 in a day.

To get a good seat you need to get in line around 7:30 ish near the entrance to Dinoland

I agree with the dining package. Especially if you're on the DDP it's a good value. Still just one credit.

The show is beautiful and worth seeing. Unfortunately it's hard for a show to live up to an hour wait or more. If you could walk up or wait 20 minutes it would really be a good show.

It's not a 'spectacular' like some of the others. But it does seem appropriate for the spirit of AK.

We booked the dining package for rivers of light just in case we want to go so we didn't have to use a fast pass. If we don't go to the show now then no big loss. That seems the best route to take imo

I agree with the dining package. Especially if you're on the DDP it's a good value. Still just one credit.

The show is beautiful and worth seeing. Unfortunately it's hard for a show to live up to an hour wait or more. If you could walk up or wait 20 minutes it would really be a good show.

It's not a 'spectacular' like some of the others. But it does seem appropriate for the spirit of AK.

While I have yet to see ROL, I find all the night time shows to be worth a 60 minute wait if I have a good view IMO of course.

I did this originally for jungle book but I figured out that the dining package actually gave us a 15% discount at tiffins. Do the math, the dining packages isn't always an increase in cost for your meal and you get the bonus of a better seat and minimal wait for the show you want to see anyway..

We did the dining package for this past Sunday, 4/30. I'm glad we didn't use a fastpass on it. It was, visually, engaging I suppose but I can guarantee I will not spend the time or effort to see it again soon. I was bored within the first 5 minutes and walked away wondering how that could be the final product.

I did this originally for jungle book but I figured out that the dining package actually gave us a 15% discount at tiffins. Do the math, the dining packages isn't always an increase in cost for your meal and you get the bonus of a better seat and minimal wait for the show you want to see anyway..

Only if you would have gotten everything anyway though... the problem for us with going to Tiffin's is that we don't usually do an app, entree, dessert and drink for both of us. Usually we get three items, one of each or an app and two entrees with no dessert... that sort of thing. It'd be much cheaper to just get what we want.

Our family totally enjoyed the show and during it I was able to book our 4th FPs for EE for right after the show:) Since the FP section is right by EE, we walked out of the show and right into EE FP line.

Only if you would have gotten everything anyway though... the problem for us with going to Tiffin's is that we don't usually do an app, entree, dessert and drink for both of us. Usually we get three items, one of each or an app and two entrees with no dessert... that sort of thing. It'd be much cheaper to just get what we want.

Well it was opening night and we made an evening of the new things to do so we cam prepared to make the most of that package deal. there is ways depending on what your ordering to get over it without everyone getting everything. everyone needs to do the math but it might be a surprise way to save some money eating at a package deal restaurant and getting a more relaxing time with getting to see the show without giving up a fastpass for it.

Hmmm...I thought it was TWO credits if using DDP...does it depend on what plan you are on??...I'm on the basic plan for after Thanksgiving (1 snack,1 QS and 1 TS)...I know that the CLP at Epcot is two credits...trying to decide how to best use my credits and which package to pay with cash...

John

I see that dining packages are available thru September, but only available on Sun, Tues, Thurs & Sat...do you think this schedule will be the same in late November after Thanksgiving???

John

I'm usually a last row on the end type of person - actually prefer the back and don't care about sitting in middle or closer to front. With an FP, do you still think we need to be at ROL 45 min early?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter