Rivers of Light standby?

meppy

Earning My Ears
Just realized that Rivers of Light is actually a seated show, and I don't have a FP. Tried to trade out my Everest FP for RoL, but it's no longer available. Is standby doable? How early will I have to line up in the standby queue? I have two kids under 10, so standing around to wait for a show is not ideal. I'll be visiting on a lower crowd day - projected crowd level is 3.

Arrive 45 min. or more before show-time.

Sorry, but it will take some standing if you want to see the show w/o a FP or Dining Pkg.

(In fact, if you DO get a FP, I'd still get there 35-45 min. before show-time.)

RoL-Seating-West_022517_zpsjbmibnbv.jpg

You can try to get it as a fourth FP+ on the day you're at AK. Even if MDE says there are no FP+ available for it, don't let that stop you. Keep refreshing the screen, and odds are that a FP+ will show up. We do this all the time.

Just realized that Rivers of Light is actually a seated show, and I don't have a FP. Tried to trade out my Everest FP for RoL, but it's no longer available. Is standby doable? How early will I have to line up in the standby queue? I have two kids under 10, so standing around to wait for a show is not ideal. I'll be visiting on a lower crowd day - projected crowd level is 3.
Honestly, I wonder if standby is as difficult as it was this time last year.
I noticed when I looked at dining and even when I made FP selections for March, there was a lot of availability in comparison to last year. I have 2 ROL, one w/Tusker Breakfast and another regular FP. I am leaning toward cancelling both bc we will probably park hop. Wait, I actually gave 3! So, they should be easier to come by.

We've seen it twice without a FP. Both times we got to the theater about 5 minutes before showtime, fully expecting not to get in, and we got in without a problem.
Our seats were way on the side, but it was fine - we still had a great view of everything.

Do they ever let stand by guests sit in the fast pass area the closer it gets to show time? Would you enter at the FP entrance or Stand by enterence?

Do they ever let stand by guests sit in the fast pass area the closer it gets to show time? Would you enter at the FP entrance or Stand by enterence?
I am pretty sure they do not as it really is not even close at all. Like you have to walk around to get there

Arrive 45 min. or more before show-time.

Sorry, but it will take some standing if you want to see the show w/o a FP or Dining Pkg.

(In fact, if you DO get a FP, I'd still get there 35-45 min. before show-time.)

RoL-Seating-West_022517_zpsjbmibnbv.jpg

I have a question... if you do have a FP for ROL are you guaranteed a seat? I am assuming you recommend getting there so early to get a better view in the FP section?

I have a question... if you do have a FP for ROL are you guaranteed a seat? I am assuming you recommend getting there so early to get a better view in the FP section?
I think you are but I would still get there 10 or so minutes early. I do not think they open this section to standby at all like they do at other shows

1. if you do have a FP for ROL are you guaranteed a seat?
2. I am assuming you recommend getting there so early to get a better view in the FP section?

1. Nope.
2. Yes.

The FP window closes 15minutes before the show so you should arrive by then. Otherwise ymmv on whether they still let you in. The grace period does not apply to shows I believe.

What about if there is two shows that night? Should I go for the later one at 10pm? I don't have fp. Only have one night there so I wanna make sure I get into one them.

What about if there is two shows that night? Should I go for the later one at 10pm? I don't have fp. Only have one night there so I wanna make sure I get into one them.

Second performances of all shows generally offer a better chance at lower crowds.
Not a sure thing, but certainly a much better opportunity of "walk-up" entry.

As always, an earlier arrival to any show will give better odds.

The FP window closes 15minutes before the show so you should arrive by then. Otherwise ymmv on whether they still let you in. The grace period does not apply to shows I believe.

Thank you I was not aware of this. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter