Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

Sorry following the "watch" feature doesn't seem to work for me.

Sometimes the board alerts get wonky. However, if you click on your watched threads link at the top, it will show you which of your watched threads have unread posts. That seems to be correct; whereas, the alerts not so much.

We are not going until September. But I sure would like to add this to our plans.

Do you think if they added the dining package for reservations, we would be able to add on after the fact? I have a reservation and don't want to lose it, but would love to get preferred seating for Rivers of light.

Do you think if they added the dining package for reservations, we would be able to add on after the fact? I have a reservation and don't want to lose it, but would love to get preferred seating for Rivers of light.

No, I think it'll work like the F! packages - you have to specifically book the package. Those can't be modified into F! packages if you have a restaurant reservation so I don't expect these to.

You would probably want to call and ask before cancelling you ADR. Sometimes they can cancel and rebook with the package at the same time. But if you were asking about changing it at the time you are eating, I'm pretty sure they cannot change to package with preferred seating. I'm planning to call when they announce the packages so I guess I'll find out for sure then.

If they handle this the way they have any other packages (e.g. F!, WoC, Paint the Night in DL), no -- you will not be able to just add the package to your existing ADR. You would need to make a new ADR for the package.

If you do this online, booking the package at the same time as your existing ADR, the system will prompt you to delete the old ADR in order to make the new one. Then the package ADR just replaces your regular ADR.

If you call, the agent will cancel the old ADR and book the new one. There is no advantage in this sense to having an existing ADR at that same restaurant.

I suppose it's always possible that they will do this differently, but I wouldn't count on that at all. Would make the most sense for them to handle the way they always have.

Now its just gotten ridiculous. Resort guests who are planning for 4/22 and 23 are now inside their 30 day window. Prediction: craziness.
Agree, it doesn't make sense that this is taking so long.

I can make my ADR's on April 25th. Hopefully this dining package will be out by then! :crazy2:

Now its just gotten ridiculous. Resort guests who are planning for 4/22 and 23 are now inside their 30 day window. Prediction: craziness.
I've heard in a couple random places/blogs that these packages won't be available until May 1 - if so, maybe they're waiting until 30 days out from that (April 1?). Just a random guess since logic doesn't seem to apply.

If they don't offer dinner packages (I'm going to be there April 20th through April 30th) how will we see the show? FP+ or just get in line (@11:00 AM :sad1:)? Not really concerned about a dinner package, but I left one night open to see Animal Kingdom in the dark (or the mass hysteria that will be...Rivers of Light!).

If they don't offer dinner packages (I'm going to be there April 20th through April 30th) how will we see the show? FP+ or just get in line (@11:00 AM :sad1:)? Not really concerned about a dinner package, but I left one night open to see Animal Kingdom in the dark (or the mass hysteria that will be...Rivers of Light!).
Agree 100%. We'll be there 4/28-5/4. If they don't offer FP or dining packages until 5/1, it's going to be an absolute madhouse.

I think once the kinks work out-- heard they are having trouble with the floats-- so they do not want to be offering dining packages (especially in the beginning) in case it doesn't go as planned

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter