River Country

jessie2

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have up to date information as to when River Country is re opening, if at all this year. On the official WDW site it says closed for the season, maybe this means just the winter?

Hi, it always closes for the winter season, don't know exact usual date for reopening, but you can call 407 824 4321 (in WDW) for times and dates. Its too cold in the winter months anyway as the water is from the lake (brrr). Lovely place in the warmer months though:):)

We were in River Country in August 2001 and were sorry we went there at all. The place had a rather shabby look about it; the main lake was full of dead fish and overall the atmosphere was not nice. We were raging with ourselves that we wasted a "plus" option on our tickets going to such a dump when we could have gone to Blizzard Beach again instead!

Thanks for the replies, we hav'nt been to River Country since 1996 so thought it would be a nice break on one of our Magic Kingdom days. I'll ask WDW when I phone for PS next week.

Jessie,

Have you tried Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon before?

River Country doesn't appear to have a strong following shall we say.

Yes we have been to Blizzard and Typhoon numerous times, Blizzard being our favourite, and are doing both again this year, just thought River Country would be a nice couple of hours chill out time, not too many steps!

Our favourite ride is team boat springs, and I love double dipper.

was quite disepointed when I went August 2000, enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon (sp) more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter