Risotto

OnourwaytoWDW

<font color=red>Come on... Ratt was not even NEAR
We are big fans of Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey. One of his dishes that is always an appetizer is Risotto.

We are going to California Grill and was hoping they would have this, but they don't. Has anyone seen it anywhere else or could we ask for it?

We're already excited about the sushi!!

Thanks!

We had risotto at the Flying Fish last year, but it was a special for the day so you can't count on it. Have you looked at the Italian restaurants? It is traditionally an Italian dish.

I'm almost sure I have seen it at Le Cellier? I dream about food a lot though so could be wrong!!

I returned to LC for their Mushroom Risotto all the time.
I even requested it for our wedding dinner reception at WDW ... :)
So darn yummy!

I think that one of the reasons you don't find risotto as a side dish too often is that it's a hard starch to get right. That and, if it sits for too long, it can turn into a sticky lump.

In the past I've had risotto at Narcoossees, California Grill, LeCellier, Artist Point and CRT - there may be others but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. Keep in mind that the menus at most sit down, non-buffet restaurants is in a continual state of change - sometimes to keep the menu fresh, sometimes due to new chefs trying things out.

I do believe I saw it on the menu of Tutto Italia. I think there were two choice. One with porcini one with seafood. Problem is, most of the risotto's I've seen on the menus at WDW are mushroom, and I hate mushrooms. I generally like the tomato and basic/italian seasoning risotto's, or just plain risotto. I would love to find a good risotto somewhere in the World.

P.S. I LOVE Hell's Kitchen too! (even though he does yell a lot and most of what he says gets bleeped out. :lmao: ) :goodvibes

Risotto when cooked well, it excellent... It's a VERY difficult dish to make because it's VERY high maintenance. You must keep you eye on it and keep stirring and stirring... Otherwide it's WAY too starchy...

I can't recall having any risotto dished when at WDW but as mentioned earlier I would hope any Italian place would make it very nicely...

Risotto when cooked well, it excellent... It's a VERY difficult dish to make because it's VERY high maintenance. You must keep you eye on it and keep stirring and stirring... Otherwide it's WAY too starchy...

This is a typical misconception about Risotto. It is actually wonderfully easy to make assuming you have good ingredients particularly the rice. I have made it hundreds of times and have experimented with everything from continous stirring to almost no stirring and there is really not that much difference. Now that is not to say that it is a dish that you can just throw together but it is really not that hard to make.

B.

I have a weakness for Risotto. I absolutely love it. In WDW, my favorite is at LeCellier or Flying Fish. If you are combining a WDW trip with Universal, my absolute favorite risotto in the country is at Mythos in Island's of Advernture (and I've had risotto at numerous actual fine dining restuarants). The chef prepares a risotto of the day. His best is the one with beef filet tips, asparagus and some special sauce. OK, now I'm hungry talking typing about this and have to go eat lunch!

Flying Fish has wonderful Risotto, it changes (seasonaly).

We were just at CA Grill this past weekend, no Risotto on the menu at that time.

Someone reported seeing it at Coral Reef, as a vegetarian option. I don't recall seeing it though when I went.

I agree with others, it's a high maintenance dish, generally WDW prefers easy to prep dishes. It helps keep throughput high.

You are all making me hungry. Love Risotto, although I've only made the poor man's version, not true risotto. :rotfl:
And we are HK fans, too! A friend of ours- (Keith Green aka K-Grease :lmao: ) was on last year. Fun to watch! :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter