• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s still pretty cold/damp, ground is wet by no standing water. Monorail track is still dripping. It’s supposed to get colder as the morning goes on but right now it’s comfortable in a jacket
Thank you! Just want those who are leaving now to be prepared -- especially if they'll be bringing little ones!

There’s a steady stream of people coming from the east side now. Lines are getting closer to the center of the esplanade

A bit chilly now as the temp drops a bit before sunrise, I got here about 2;45 and am about 20 people from gates.... we got to see a lightsaber fly by on the monorail test vehicle. Seemed like they were going to let us in at 5am, but not quite yet...

The rate of people arriving does seem to be picking up. Lines look to be to the middle of the esplanade.

Don’t want to over sell it or undersell it. There are a lot of people here at this point, but it is a manageable big crowd so far, not insane.

I assume they’ll have to do something once lines reach the DCA gates.

Lines are starting to grow more quickly now. Still doesn’t look like trams from M&F are running yet

Last edited:
According to the CM handing out instructions, he had no idea how many BGs would be distributed or whether they will use backup BGs.

If you don’t use the app, you can get a BG at the FP kiosk for Buzz or Splash Mountain. Posted a pic above.

Splash Mountain is an interesting choice. Either they expect people to be back that far in the park by 8am, or they expect BGs to last long enough for people to get back there from rope drop. Interesting.

According to the CM handing out instructions, he had no idea how many BGs would be distributed or whether they will use backup BGs.

If you don’t use the app, you can get a BG at the FP kiosk for Buzz or Splash Mountain. Posted a pic above.

Splash Mountain is an interesting choice. Either they expect people to be back that far in the park by 8am, or they expect BGs to last long enough for people to get back there from rope drop. Interesting.
My guess is they picked that ride since it doesn’t need its own machines cause people are not going to be riding in this weather.

We’re on the Toy Story bus. Steady line of cars entering, we waited behind a few to get in the lot. The Woody side is full up to the lane where cars drive (like by the exit).

My daughter is currently wearing her pink reindeer onesie from Christmas, so she’s nice and toasty.

My guess is they picked that ride since it doesn’t need its own machines cause people are not going to be riding in this weather.
Good point. Though if BGs only last 5-10 minutes, I don’t see how the Splash FP kiosk is going to be of much use, unless they let people past the hub prior to rope drop.

Was just told we’ll probably be let into the parks before 7 so they can reduce the line in time to open DCA for EMH
Everyone here intends to be in the park before 8am. They have to know that, so I hope they open in plenty of time to get everyone in. There is plenty of time to get everyone here in if they open soon enough.

CMs at gate. Seems like they might open soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter