• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On EMH days, the Grand Californian entrance to CA is only open to Grand Californian guests, or at least that was the case in Sept when we were there. It was quick to get through turnstiles.

On nonEMH days, the entrance is open to all resort guests and is very slow.
Yep. VGC is the Villas at the Grand Californian—the DVC part but still part of the hotel. Looks like this is moot though since only DL entrance will work. Bummer

Yes I know. We are VGC owners too.

PS We booked the night of Jan 24 eleven months ago- because we like to go when it was slow. Lol, we’re still pretty happy to go and maybe get to ride ROTR. When the positive early reports on ROTR at WDW were posted, we added a free hotel night at the Fairfield Inn for Thursday Jan 23. We’d normally just drive down day-of and check in to VGC at 6am. But we expect bedlam so sleeping super close seemed wise. We’re going all in and trying for ROTR Fri and Sat.

But I also booked a late Feb freebie night at the Fairfield Inn. And we’ve got VGC reservations for a single night in Apr and two nights in Aug.

When I replied to you I didn’t realize you were also a VGC owner. Mostly I didn’t want someone not “in the know” pegging their hopes on a quick entry through the Grand Californian entry on a non EMH day.

Opening at midnight now? I'm taking my oldest and youngest daughters and we're leaving the house at about 2:45am(so says the plan). We live about 10-15 minutes away, I'm hoping the lines into the parking lot won't be too bad! I'll let you know how it goes!
Yes, please report how it is when you get there! I’m going to get up and check my phone around 4 in hopes I can find some reports.

Yes, please report how it is when you get there! I’m going to get up and check my phone around 4 in hopes I can find some reports.
Same here. I’m still on the fence. I mean, I want to go but word that TS parking lot is opening at midnight has me worried it’ll be a mob scene by the time I would reasonably want to get there!

Attractions 360 is reporting on Twitter that ..."all annual passes are unblocked for the Opening of Rise of the Resistance tomorrow including SoCal Resident tix"

Just spoke to two security guards moving people through bag check exit - they said the bag check would be open all night (the one leading to Harbor), if that changes anyone’s plans. Looked fully staffed. Probably will be there around 2:45 myself unless I wake earlier. No rain yet it looks like.

PS We booked the night of Jan 24 eleven months ago- because we like to go when it was slow. Lol, we’re still pretty happy to go and maybe get to ride ROTR. When the positive early reports on ROTR at WDW were posted, we added a free hotel night at the Fairfield Inn for Thursday Jan 23. We’d normally just drive down day-of and check in to VGC at 6am. But we expect bedlam so sleeping super close seemed wise. We’re going all in and trying for ROTR Fri and Sat.

But I also booked a late Feb freebie night at the Fairfield Inn. And we’ve got VGC reservations for a single night in Apr and two nights in Aug.

When I replied to you I didn’t realize you were also a VGC owner. Mostly I didn’t want someone not “in the know” pegging their hopes on a quick entry through the Grand Californian entry on a non EMH day.
yep, we’ve owned vgc since the first year it opened. Love it.
we booked months ago for our son‘s 23rd birthday on Saturday. Hoping we Get to ride. He wasn’t with us in wdw so he hasn’t ridden yet.

The 19th and 20th still available on Flex pass. Maybe it wont be SO packed??? Maybe???
Flex Pass? What do you mean? You mean the Disney MAX Pass?

Can you help explain to a newbie like myself how this Flex Pass any gauges attendance?

Good luck to everyone out there tonight! I'll be living vicariously through this thread and crossing my fingers that you all manage to get a good boarding group.

Checked on the Disneyland app and it looks like it's ready to go with the boarding group sections. Screenshot_20200117-012032.pngScreenshot_20200117-012017.png

Went by M&F at 2:45am. Both the main entrance and the PP entrance were closed.

TS lot is wide open. There’s a small but steady trickle of people parking and heading to shuttles.

It is raining so I’m just sitting in my car to see if it dies down. I don’t know what the esplanade looks like, but from the looks of things here I don’t see any reason to go over there and stand in the rain just yet. My only goal is to be in the park before BGs open.

In true SoCal fashion, looks like there are quite a few people who came unprepared for rain. Supposed to end soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter