RIP tour & front of line express passes

Camie627

Earning My Ears
we have booked rip tour and the description states after the tour you will have front of the line passes for one time use at each attraction. How do they keep track of how many times you use the pass? Do they punch your pass to show what attractions you used it for? is this valid for only the haunted houses, or valid for all operating rides? The tour includes access to the rip lounge also, is this lounge drinks only, or can you purchase snacks also?

Also, any feedback on unmasking the horrors tour? My son (13) will be attending his 1st hhn night & I was thinking this tour may be worth booking before the hhn experience.

Thank you!

1 more week! Wahoo!

we have booked rip tour and the description states after the tour you will have front of the line passes for one time use at each attraction. How do they keep track of how many times you use the pass? Do they punch your pass to show what attractions you used it for? is this valid for only the haunted houses, or valid for all operating rides? The tour includes access to the rip lounge also, is this lounge drinks only, or can you purchase snacks also?

Also, any feedback on unmasking the horrors tour? My son (13) will be attending his 1st hhn night & I was thinking this tour may be worth booking before the hhn experience.

Thank you!

1 more week! Wahoo!

I believe it is for the rides and houses. We bought the regular front of the line pass a couple years ago and t worked 1 time for each house and I think unlimited on the rides.

They know how many times you've used it because it has a scan bar on it that they scan when you enter the skip line.

Just know for haunted houses it is more like half the posted wait (sometimes much much less than that) but we felt it was so worth it.

I did the Unmasking the Horror tour and RIP last year.
It was recommended to me to do HHN first then Unmasking so there were no spoilers, but not actually being THAT familiar with some horror movies or TV series the houses were based on, I wish I had done Unmasking the Horror first since it actually explained the themeing, the RIP tour did a little bit of explanation, but it was pretty chaotic walking through the HHN crowds, so easy to miss things being discussed. Why they don't use headsets like Disney does for some tours, I don't know. If your son isn't totally familiar with the themes behind the houses, I'd suggest Unmasking first, plus it can also make the scares a bit less intense knowing what's on the other side of the tunnel, which may or may not be a good thing?

I think there were some packet snacks available for purchase in the RIP lounge, and there was also another 'lounge' type visit with drinks and snacks about half way through, which was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! The RIP lounge was also a bit chaotic - they had multiple tours all in together and told you a spot to go wait for your guide and some people just didn't listen, so trying to get the full groups together were sometimes a challenge. Some had quite a bit of alcohol beforehand - the tour I was on, 2 of the girls left about about 20min because they were feeling too seedy to continue.

Both tours are fairly go go go, not much of a chance even for toilet breaks let alone food and drink, best to eat and drink before or after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter