• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RIP, Toottown

I think everyone saying good riddance will eat their words when the new Storybook Circus opens...not to be a Debbie Downer but really all they are doing is removing the good elements(the houses) and adding more of the bad elements (tents)from Mickey's Toontown Fair.

We were there @ RD yesterday morning (last day). It was amazing to see so many off duty CMs there just going through one more time. A lot of them were crying as they toured.

I'm going to miss it but am looking forward to the new FL areas!

When I woke up this morning, I was sad knowing that it is gone. While we have a 3 year daughter she is not into princesses, but loves the main characters.

I think everyone saying good riddance will eat their words when the new Storybook Circus opens...not to be a Debbie Downer but really all they are doing is removing the good elements(the houses) and adding more of the bad elements (tents)from Mickey's Toontown Fair.

I agree!

I can't help but feel that the real reason its becoming storybook circus is they didn't know what to do with the big tents and they were too tight to tear them down and start something from scratch.

Seriously, brought tears to my eyes....Only cause I loved walking through Mickey and Minnie's houses!!! But I'm certainly excited for a bigger FL and can't wait for the new Little Mermaid ride!!!!!

omg so did I! I am glad that we were able to go last year as my youngest loved Toontown so much. It's sad to see it go, but definitely looking forward to what they have in store.

I agree!

I can't help but feel that the real reason its becoming storybook circus is they didn't know what to do with the big tents and they were too tight to tear them down and start something from scratch.

$100 bet the tents are gone w/in a few mos. They cannot and will not be re-used.

-Kevin

while i am excited about the new changes to Fantasyland, it was a little sad to see Mickey and the gang ride off. and the whole "now it's time to say goodbye" made me sad.

we didn't get to go through Mickey's house one last time. but we knew it would be gone, so we can't blame anyone but ourselves. i did take one last picture of the kids in front of the houses.

i do wonder, if County Bounty is being changed into a new themed store, why can't they still use those greeting areas in back?

I'm going to miss Mickey and Minnie's houses!!! We go every trip and take a photo of the kids in the houses and they become usually our Christmas cards, so we are going to have to search to take the perfect photo this year.

It's sad to see toontown close. Watching the characters ride off on the train was sad :sad1: But on to a bigger and better fantasyland. I can't wait to see what's next.

Good riddance, the place stunk. I'd much rather have a supersized fantasyland.

Why are you such a negative person? It's really rather concerning.

Either way...I teared up when watching this because I was always a fan of toontown because it was always nice going there and truely feeling young at heart again watching all of the little children really enjoying themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter