ringing in ears

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I asked this somewhere else but I'm not getting much help. I'm hoping maybe someone who flies frequently may have an awnser.

I flew in to Orlando late Wednesday. When I woke up yesterday I had this horrible ringing in one ear. And now I can't sleep. Any ideas? I am on prescription allergy meds so I ddont think I'm congested at all. I'm hoping idont need to go to the med center to getnlooked at.

My husband had this experience and they thought it was tinnitus ('ringing of the ears'). He noticed it after our flight to Caribbean. After going to the doctor (when we returned back home), it ended up being miniere's (which can be triggered by virus / allergy / poor drainage in ears). It is treatable with medication but he now always has a difficult time flying. I am hoping that with your allergy medications that you are able to stop the ringing as I know from watching my husband that it is tough to deal with the ringing. I'm sorry I can't offer you any more advice, just what we've dealt with regarding 'ringing of ears'. Hoping you are able to a good trip.

Even though you are taking your allergy meds I would suggest trying an over-the-counter decongestive which might just help.

Feel better soon!

For the trip home you might see if you can buy some EarPlanes. I usually buy them ahead of time from Amazon, but they sell them in various drug stores too (I've seen them at Walgreens and CVS). I have ear issues and won't fly without them. They have definitely prevented many problems for me and I think it would help yours from getting worse. I hope you get relief soon, I know it can be miserable. The over the counter decongestant might be worth trying like the previous poster suggested.

I agree that trying a decongestant is worth a try. You could use an oral or nasal spray formula. Even though your nose may be open, a spray can help to open a partially closed eustacian tube.

Too much medication (aspirin - tylenol - motrin - etc) can result in ringing in the ears.

Does anyone know if they have sudafed at the resort gift shops or available in the parks? If not, where would be the closest place near CSR?

Last edited:
They didn't have any at the gift shop. The CM did give me a card for turner drugs. Cheaper to have them deliver than to pay for a taxi, Thanks everyone for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter