Ring & Rain & Roses, Memory Maker Poses, Disney, Disney, Then We Came Home! COMPLETE!

I'm actually being hopeful they do both meals next year for SWW. I'm planning a long weekend with my brother concentrating on SWW, so I'm hoping both meals are being done. :thumbsup2

Wow, that Chip and Dale interaction sounds.....bizarre. We had the pictures with them at the dinner. Thankfully they were a lot of fun.

I know exactly what you mean on your Star Tours ride. I got every reference. :rotfl2:

Okay, that guy really didn't have any idea of personal space! That's just too close for comfort.

Sorry you weren't able to find what you really wanted at Darth's Mall. We were fortunate, we were there on opening day, so everything was still in stock. But let me tell you, it was an absolute madhouse!

Woo hoo, only $21.03 over budget at that point! I totally got super excited for you right then. :hyper:

I was excited for us too when we were so close to our budget! It made me do a little happy dance! :dance3:

Can we go back !!!!!:cool1:

I can honestly say that this was one of the most entertaining SWW that we have been to. They keep getting better and better !

I was also disaponited in the Chip experience. Luckily Dale has always been my favorite !

So can we go again.... I'm ready ! :banana:

Yes...we can go again!! You only have to wait 23 more days! :cool1:

Awesome updates from Star Wars Weekends! We were there previous weekend, and it was to compare notes and see all your photos! :cool1:

Awesome updates from Star Wars Weekends! We were there previous weekend, and it was to compare notes and see all your photos! :cool1:

From your photos it looks like you had a great parade spot!! I wish we could have been there one weekend earlier to see Mark Hamill! I can't wait to read more about your day there!

First thing this morning I was actually awoken by the alarm! We actually stayed out pretty late last night compared to the usual time we get to bed. So my alarm went off at 6:00 and I think Jeremy got up at 7:00. We had breakfast reservations at Boma at 8:00 this morning, so after getting dressed and ready we hopped into the car and drove over to Jambo House!

Today Jeremy was channeling Bert, he couldn't help but pose for a picture as we were walking in!

_MG_0257_zpsf04d11a4.jpg

We walked down to Boma and there was no one there waiting? Usually there are lots of people, and it is summer so where are they all?? We walked right up to the host stand and were seated right away! We sat down at our table and were waiting until our server came to take our drink order, because I needed some coffee this morning and then I was ready to start my engines on the buffet!

_MG_0267_zps0a14e794.jpg

My absolute favorite thing to get when I come to Boma is something I got the very first time I ate here, and have gotten it every time after, which is almost every trip, because I love Boma! The Jungle Juice, or what everyone on the boards calls POG Juice! It is just delicious!!

_MG_0269_zpscec551f4.jpg

Once I got my coffee and juice I was ready to hit the buffet!! Does anyone else love Pap other than me?? It is really yummy! I also love a breakfast buffet that has asparagus and probably some of the best asparagus around too! I usually get one or...two :guilty: plates when we come here!! This was my first one!

_MG_0268_zps1a9063f9.jpg

I don't think I took a photo of the second one, probably because I was too busy eating it, but it definitely had asparagus, and a little more eggs and pap! Jeremy had two pretty eclectic plates as well! He also chose Coke to drink!

_MG_0270_zpscc9f0b61.jpg

We finished up with our breakfast and then started to make our way out to the car when I realized that I didn't have any socks to wear while we were bowling...oops! I also still needed to grab 2 postcards so we stopped in at Zawadi to grab those few things!

We were finally ready to drive to Downtown Disney! Today was the last day of Car Masters Weekend and we got there right before it started which meant we got a really great parking place right near where everything was set up!

_MG_0298_zpsc4ff8295.jpg

TowMater_zpsed0b123d.jpeg

The first thing we did was get in the line to get photos with Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Finn McMissile! The wait wasn't very long at all since the festival has barely just opened!

Lightning_zpsf13a7a6f.jpeg

As we exited from the photo line we noticed a Disney Infinity tent set up!! They had just recently announced that the next version to come out was going to be Marvel based! Jeremy was really exited about that, and now he was actually going to get a chance to play it before it comes out!

_MG_0283_zpsdacc4aab.jpg

He got to play Spider-man and Nova from the Spider-man Playset!! I do have a little video of him playing but more on that later! We are definitely excited for it to come out now!

Next up we started walking around and looking at the cars in the car show! We each found a few that we liked and posed with some of our favorites! Jeremy liked the Rat Rod style cars!

_MG_0286_zps1dcdb6e5.jpg

I am more of a VW Bus type of girl! And hey, it matched my outfit!!

_MG_0290_zps0bb9fe9c.jpg

Right after 10:00 we met up with our friends and started walking over to Splitsville to go bowling!! It is a really cool place! We also got a DVC discount there which made it even better!! We started bowling and chatting and having a great time!

_MG_0312_zps1fdbd63c.jpg

Toward the end of our bowling session we were getting a little hungry and so our friends took the liberty of ordering a pizza for the group!

_MG_0337_zps0cfddb09.jpg

I love coming down to visit them! They are such a great couple! We met them on a 5-night double dip Disney cruise in 2012! They were our tablemates at the late dinner seating, we got along so great we invited them to share our cabana with us on the 2nd Castaway Cay day, and we have all been friends ever since!

The pizza was really good, highly recommend it!! You can tell by Jeremy, he looks like he is really enjoying it, or maybe he is just trying to keep it off of himself and make sure it all gets into his mouth!!

_MG_0341_zps87322497.jpg

Once we left Splitsville, we started walking over toward the LEGO store! Since the construction started it is a little more difficult to make your way around to the Marketplace section from where we were. We got to walk along the new boardwalk portion in front of the old Pleasure Island area which is closed off completely now! Once inside the LEGO store we found two sets that we wanted to get. We had, I think $50 in LEGO rewards to spend so we came out of there with two new sets for only $4.24!! Can't beat that!

For dessert since it was so hot out we were totally thinking Ghirardelli sounded great! We ordered and then sat outside in the shade until our ice cream was brought out to us! Jeremy and I split a Sea Salt & Caramel Sundae! It was so good, that we ate it all before I took a photo of it! Hopefully next time we go, we will be able to get another one! By about 1:00 it was time to say goodbye to our friends and start making the journey over to Magic Kingdom so we could see the Festival of Fantasy Parade for the first time!!

Budget:
Original Budget:
Breakfast at Boma $65
Snacks at Downtown Disney $20
Splitsville $50
LEGO $20

Actual Spending:
Breakfast at Boma $50
Zawadi Marketplace $23.66
Splitsville $68.16 (We payed for the entire group)
LEGO Store $4.24
Ghirardelli $10.06

Subtotal: $156.12

Total Spent: $1210.15

Budget Status:
$22.15 Over Budget :worship:

What a jolly breakfast at Boooma!!! :goodvibes You are guys are so cute!

Seriously I can't wait to have me some juice in October! And Ghirardellis! :banana:

Yay for Disney Infinitely! We don't have it yet, but hopefully one day! Although seriously too hard to decide which characters to play!

Looks like the beginning of a practically perfect day!

I wanted to let everyone know that I officially added in some of the Memory Maker Photos from the trip today!! I have them all downloaded now and will be adding them in right away to the newer posts. But if you are interested in seeing them, here are the post numbers that they are in!

Adventurer's Outpost at Animal Kingdom Photo with Mickey and Minnie is in Post 37

Our Galactic Breakfast Photo with Darth Vader and Boba Fett, as well as Jeremy standing up to Darth Vader is in Post 59

Queen Amidala, Jeremy and I hugging Dale, and the Chip Fail photos are in Post 66...hey maybe Chip was working some sort of Order 66? :rotfl2:

Jedi Mickey, Princess Minnie, Darth Goofy, Stormtrooper Donald, and our Tower of Terror Ride Photos are in Post 75

The photos with Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater are in Post 86! Hope you enjoy them and keep reading along!! I should have a new post up very soon!​

What a jolly breakfast at Boooma!!! :goodvibes You are guys are so cute!

Seriously I can't wait to have me some juice in October! And Ghirardellis! :banana:

Yay for Disney Infinitely! We don't have it yet, but hopefully one day! Although seriously too hard to decide which characters to play!

Looks like the beginning of a practically perfect day!

I seriously can't get enough of Boma, I really love that place, I think because even if it is busy in there it never feels that way because AKL is so out of the way! And YES...Juice!!

Disney Infinity is a pretty cool game! It is definitely fun to play as some of my favorite characters, I like playing with Vanellope because she can glitch!!! It is so cute! Jeremy liked playing with Elsa because she can freeze stuff! All of them are definitely cool in there own ways!!

We have a trip planned for 10 nights at AKL and really looking forward to Sanaa and Jiko's ... Now after reading your review will be adding Boma too. Do you think will need reservations? I feel like every detail of our trip is planned so it would be nice to wake up and say let's go eat breakfast at Boma and go... I'm guessing I'll need at reservation though sigh. Also have you tried dinner there?
You all looks so cute at the bowling alley and it's so so nice to have friends join you for a fun day : )
Going back now to look at your memory maker photos!

Adding your MM pictures really adds so much to your trip report and of course you both look darling together : )

We have a trip planned for 10 nights at AKL and really looking forward to Sanaa and Jiko's ... Now after reading your review will be adding Boma too. Do you think will need reservations? I feel like every detail of our trip is planned so it would be nice to wake up and say let's go eat breakfast at Boma and go... I'm guessing I'll need at reservation though sigh. Also have you tried dinner there?
You all looks so cute at the bowling alley and it's so so nice to have friends join you for a fun day : )
Going back now to look at your memory maker photos!

I would say that doing Boma for breakfast without a res could be doable, depending on what time of year you would be there and what time you think you would eat breakfast. Sometimes we even make day of reservations there. We have not done dinner there yet! We usually choose to go to Sanaa or Jiko for dinner because they are so great! Like if you went in September at around 8am, I don't think you would need a res, but if you wanted to go at like 9-9:30 the week of Christmas, then yeah you probably would...LOL! Hope that helps, because we really love Boma!

Love how you guys are matching with Lightening McQueen! And your colors standing next to Boba Fett really are spot on! Yay for Memory Maker pics!

I love the themed outfits! Really, what a great idea!

I was wondering if you have ever stayed at AKL or villas at Christmas time and what were your thoughts about staying there or compared to Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian? Pictures that I have seen look so lovely but debating between AKL or Wilderness Resort? (I love the GF but not the price!) thanks again for the great trip reports, I love reading them. Pamela

Love how you guys are matching with Lightening McQueen! And your colors standing next to Boba Fett really are spot on! Yay for Memory Maker pics!

I was so hoping that my colors would look good standing next to Boba!! I didn't realize how close they actually were until I saw that photo when we got home! The Lightning McQueen thing was just a coincidence but it was pretty cool!!

I love the themed outfits! Really, what a great idea!

I was wondering if you have ever stayed at AKL or villas at Christmas time and what were your thoughts about staying there or compared to Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian? Pictures that I have seen look so lovely but debating between AKL or Wilderness Resort? (I love the GF but not the price!) thanks again for the great trip reports, I love reading them. Pamela

I have been to all 3 resorts at Christmas but have only stayed at AKL! If it were me I would probably want to stay at Wilderness Lodge during the Christmas season. It is just so homey and lodge-like which really makes you feel like it is Christmastime, well as much as you can feel that way in Florida weather I guess...LOL. Yeah I am sure I couldn't bring myself to actually pay to stay at GF, I do try to snag the DVC rooms if I get a chance, it sounds odd coming from me though because I would rather pay the room rate for a dinner at V&A...LOL

Hey guys! We have been prepping and getting ready for the Hurricane that is about to hit us straight on! I will be back as soon as everything calms down to do another post!! :thumbsup2

Hope you guys got through the storm okay! I see you posted on your PTR so assuming that's a good sign!! :hug:

Hope you guys got through the storm okay! I see you posted on your PTR so assuming that's a good sign!! :hug:

We did make it through!! We definitely got LOTS of rain and wind! Luckily though, we kept power the entire time, so it was not as bad as we thought it was going to be!! :hug:

We hopped in the car and started driving to Magic Kingdom. We parked in the Jafar lot and then rode the tram over. We chose the monorail and then we chose to get in the car that spits us out right at the rail of the walkway! We were the first ones off the monorail and down the ramp to get to the Magic Kingdom! It was getting pretty warm out so the first thing we did was stop at the popcorn cart and grab us 2 bottles of water!

As we kept walking toward Main Street we noticed that they had a film crew up! I wonder if they were filming the parade??

_MG_0346_zpscfef9b55.jpg

We spotted a Photopass photographer as we kept walking in search of a parade spot! There was no one waiting so we asked if we could have our photo taken! It is not my favorite photo, only because I was holding a water bottle and my camera strap is 100% showing in the way, but it is a pretty good photo nonetheless!

MaryPoppinsMainSt_zps3ca4b9f3.jpeg

We found a nice spot to sit right along Main Street in front of the bakery (ahem...Starbucks :sad: ) and waited for the parade to begin! It was really HOT, we were sweating and I had to keep putting on sunscreen because I just felt like I was going to get burnt sitting in the open sun like that with no clouds in sight! We kept looking at the tiny clouds and trying to will them to block the sun just so we could have some relief for just a minute or two!

_MG_0350_zpsfa84c5ee.jpg

The parade starts in Frontierland and makes its way to Main Street, so it did take a little bit after 3:00 for it to make its way to us, but it finally did!! So I am just going to show you some highlights and my favorites from it!!

_MG_0357_zpsddc98cf1.jpg

The tangled sequence was really cool! These are some of the most imaginative parade floats I have ever seen Disney come up with! Even the characters walking down the street are pretty amazing!

_MG_0372_zpsd50dedea.jpg

_MG_0378_zps55fffdeb.jpg

The costumes are bold and vibrant and really eye catching! The performers definitely really got into their roles and were putting on a great show for everyone out there in the heat!

_MG_0387_zps15cf812f.jpg

These guys are creepy, but still amazing!! What a great way to incorporate or imagine something from a film into a real life characters walking down a street!! Bonus, I got the dragon with full flame in the background!! This is probably one of my favorite photographs from the entire vacation!

_MG_0436_zps3b299e29.jpg

That mechanical steampunk style dragon is definitely a sight!! I was so excited when I saw it coming down the street, I must have taken at least 40 photos of it!! The way it seems to move down the street is really cool! So if you ever have a chance to go and see the Festival of Fantasy parade, I would HIGHLY recommend it!! I want to go and watch it again really soon!

_MG_0446_zpsba9ec815.jpg

Once the parade was over we had a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin!! I love not being rushed, it was so nice not trying to get everything in and do too much! Having fastpasses before you go is definitely something I Love!! I know lots of people have problems with it, but we are not those people!! We LOVED having FP+! So we went through the Buzz Fastpass line and got in there in maybe 1-2 minutes, then we were ready for competition!! One of the first things we noticed was that the robot arms we usually rack up points on was moving SO FAST that we could barely get any shots in on it! They must have done that because too many people were maxing out their scores!! Once we made it through, I came out victorious!!

Andrea - 468300

_MG_0490_zpscf664ef8.jpg

Jeremy - 294100

_MG_0494_zps259fff28.jpg

Jeremy was clearly disappointed about the situation!

_MG_0495_zps387b40cb.jpg

Buzz was even looking like he was thinking...Dude...you got beat by a girl!

_MG_0496_zps3e6416d5.jpg

We did, however, manage to take the time out to take a fun photo!!

wd067wdw201416686805806_6999063168_18_zps480b22e2.jpeg

After Buzz we decided we would go ahead and make our way over to the Grand Floridian so we could relax a little bit before our reservation for Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room! Once we checked in we didn't wait very long at all to be seated! We ordered the Princess Kate Tea which came with Champagne to start. I ordered the Princess Breakfast Tea, and Jeremy the Earl Grey.

_MG_0502_zps482bf4d2.jpg

The cheese selection is usually my favorite part of afternoon tea, well next to the tea anyway! It was so delicious!!!!

_MG_0504_zpsb561f7af.jpg

With the Princess Kate tea we also had Potted Shrimp to start, that was before the cheese course. We had Jam, Lemon Curd, Clotted Cream and scones! The last course is dessert and I chose the traditional Boston Cream Pie, and Jeremy had the chocolate covered strawberries, which are his favorite!! One time for Valentine's Day I bought some china similar to what they use there, looks like this...and recreated the tea experience at home!

_MG_0507_zpsafb22c86.jpg

Before tea was officially over we looked outside and it was POURING down RAIN!! Well...we decided not to go back over to Magic Kingdom. Just call it an early night and go and rest in the room! Turns out it was a good decision because it poured the rest of the day, not to mention the thunder and lightning that was going on also!

We were the last couple to leave the tea room and our server said she had one more rose leftover for the princesses! She gave it to me, and let me tell you, it was the BEST smelling rose that had ever come across my nose before! I WISH I could have a rose bush like that in my yard...She said that they only grew them at Disney World...but that can't be true can it????

_MG_0510_zps1c0bacda.jpg

Tomorrow is our Anniversary and so we can't wait for that day to get started!!

Budget:

Original Budget:
Snacks at Magic Kingdom $30
Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room $100

Actual Spending:
Snacks at Magic Kingdom $5.00
Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room $100

Subtotal: $105.00

Total Spent: $1315.15

Budget Status:
$2.85 UNDER BUDGET!!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter