Ring Carving at Disney?

Disneybabe84

Mouseketeer
Hey Everyone! I'm not sure where to post this but I'm hoping someone could help me out.

Does anyone know if Disney still has those ring carving stations at the parks or anywhere else? I was just there last year and I really didn't pay attention to it. The reason being is, 10 years ago, the first thing my boyfriend ever bought me was this ring that he had made in Disney. He went with his family, and we just started seeing each other. We are headed to Disney again for our 10 year "anniversary" this summer and I recently lost this ring and I really would like another one made. I'm hoping they still have these stations!

Thanks! :cloud9:

We were there in Feb and yes I seen a cart. Can't think of which park it was. Pretty sure it was Epcot or DHS. I do know it wasn't MK.

Good luck!!

Would love to see some pics.:goodvibes

I have done the pick-a-pearl ring but this would be a great souvenir too.

Ring carving?!? Sounds interesting...what is it?!:confused3 Can someone describe or post pics? TIA

my husband and i got silver made with all of our initials and we got ours in front of pirates @ MK but i know they also have them in dtd too!

Yay!! Thanks so much everyone!! This made my day!! I would love to see pics if anyone has them!!

I had a ring made at downtown Disney:lovestruc by the pin market last June, Love it , wear it everyday!

Hi Everyone,

Yes they do have them at Disney still.

Also, you can buy them at ringcarving.com

-DinseyBuddy

First of all, what a great story. Yes, we have seen them at DTD also. Would love to see some pictures.

Linda

Here is the one I had done in November at the Mexico pavilion

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

The initials on the side are "BD" for my brother who died about 2 1/2 years ago. Across the top is a guitar....he played guitar since he was a kid. I got it in Brass because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it and want to wear it all the time. I may eventually upgrade to a gold or silver version of it.

I don't wear a lot of jewelry, my wedding & engagement rings, a mother's ring, and a black onyx ring. No earrings, or necklaces - occasionally a watch. But I wanted something as a physical daily reminder of my brother (my only sibling, never married - no kids) I had looked at rings with his birthstone but never found any that "spoke" to me. When I was looking at the samples in the case and saw the guitar - it did "speak" to me. His full initials are B A D so I didn't think I would get a carved ring because I didn't want to wear a ring with "bad" on it ;) but thought I would look anyway. I'm glad I did. The one I got was in the $20 - $25 range I think.

I'm sorry if I didn't get the name of the shop in DTD, but I love this idea, too! BTW, this is my first post!!

I'm sorry if I didn't get the name of the shop in DTD, but I love this idea, too! BTW, this is my first post!!

i cant help you with the name of the shop. But it's not any indoor store. It's one of the "wagons", or booths or whatever they are - like the characatures, or the silhouettes. It is located over in the Marketplace section....I'm thinking not too far from Earl of Sandwich and Team Mickeys. I am pretty sure it is not as far down as World of Disney.

Anybody else more familiar with the location??

I have seen this so many times and walked right by it. Now I am definately interested. We will be down in November and I will definately check it out.

Linda

My son had a nice ring carved last summer. It was right outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter