"Right Now" Syndrome

jayandstacey

DIS Veteran
Do you suffer from "right now" syndrome?

That's where you occasionally (and jealously) think about what is happening right now in WDW.

For instance, right now it is saturday morning.

Right now, my kids are still asleep, its quiet, I have errands to run and it is cold outside.

Right now in Disney, all 4 parks are open but not too crowded; someone's buying a pastry on Main St, Space Mountain is loading, TSM has a line and the day is warming up to the low 80s.

The pisser is that there's almost ALWAYS activity down there, so even at midnight, or in rush hour traffic, you can play this game and drive yourself nuts.

You do this?

Here at home in Alabama.... just last night I was checking the app on my phone to see how long the lines were at our favorite attractions!!

Is there any other way of passing the time while you're waiting for your next trip? :rotfl:

Mrs TT

We do this all the time! I'll even hear the kids asking each other, "If we were in WDW right now, what would we be doing?" The next question is always, "What park are we in?" :rotfl2:

Yep, right there with you! The other day I was leaving work a few minutes after 9AM and I could think about was the families there for rope drop. <Sigh>

Glad to know I'm not the only "freak" out there!

Right now my sister and BIL are on their way to EPCOT. They also informed me that SM had a 10 minute wait last night. :sad1:

So yes, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Yes, we play that. And I frequently answer DH with an on property rest. when he asks where I would like to go eat. ;)

And it is only 11:34 but with the day I've already had... it'd be nice to grab an adult beverage somewhere in the World.

OMG... I thought I was the only one!! I feel so much better knowing there are others out there that do this!!:goodvibes
I do it atleast 100x a day:lmao:

Yes! I found my kindergartener on the ipod this am checking out wait times for Test Track.:thumbsup2

I've been known to check out the wait times during a meeting... I've also gone on the WDW dining reservations just to see where I could eat if I jumped on a plane and went down to the world... :rolleyes1

I check wait times and check disboards daily.

I also check the Disney site so much that I can type out the link. I watch the countdown daily and i'm like it's almost here.

Also, my friend who lives in Gainesville is in Disney all weekend and I asked her to keep me posted and let me know how busy it is.

Oh absolutely! I have been thinking that all day. Two years ago, right now, we were unpacking at ASMU on the first day of our 8 day Thanksgiving trip. DD was already in her swimsuit ready to go check out the piano pool. We had ADR's for Ragland Road at DTD that night. It was a magical trip, and I truly wish we were going back this Thanksgiving.

We hoped to go back to WDW for Thanksgiving this year, but, financially, we just couldn't swing it. We now are hoping for a short trip staying with my sister in Tampa and doing a Disney YES program to save on ticket prices.

The oddest for me is when it is winter and nighttime...relatively late, say 9:30. My neighborhood shops are closing, it is cold and quiet and everyone is hunkered in their houses, many asleep.

And I think to myself..."Illuminations is probably just ending to cheers. MK is going strong and there's still a line for TSM. The places are busy and the weather is comfortable. About the ONLY similarities are that the sky is dark and their watches read the same time as mine."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter