Riding the train: A time saver or time hog

horse11

DIS Veteran
We thought about saving some steps on our second MK day. We have a breakfast ADR at Ohana's at 9:00 am and will get toMK for our children Pirate League appointments starting at 11:10. We thought it may be faster to take the Mk entrance train to get to the train station next to Big Thunder Mountain then walk to Pirate League. Would this save time or would we be best traveling on foot?

Unless there is a train at the station and the line short enough for you to get on it then I would say it would be quicker to walk.

There will be some wait for the train. Then it has to unload and load. Getting off at the Frontierland station means you will still have to walk out of the area, past the front of Splash Mtn. and the short path over to Pirates League.

If you could hop right on a train and go then it could be a little time saver but not huge. It would also be less walking.

Unless there is a train at the station and the line short enough for you to get on it then I would say it would be quicker to walk.

There will be some wait for the train. Then it has to unload and load. Getting off at the Frontierland station means you will still have to walk out of the area, past the front of Splash Mtn. and the short path over to Pirates League.

If you could hop right on a train and go then it could be a little time saver but not huge. It would also be less walking.

Thanks for the info. I guess for this one we just will have to wait and see when we get there. From the map the route looks like it would be fun. Seems to go right under Splash Mtn. Unless I am seeing it wrong. Is there typically a line at the train station or is it normally a walk on ride?

Thanks for the info. I guess for this one we just will have to wait and see when we get there. From the map the route looks like it would be fun. Seems to go right under Splash Mtn. Unless I am seeing it wrong. Is there typically a line at the train station or is it normally a walk on ride?

The line will depend on how busy the park is, naturally. I have found the lines generally are not real long for the train on Main Street. Most people go in the park and head on up the street bypassing the train. Normally everyone in line will get on the next train that shows up. There could be 15 minutes or so between trains depending on how many they have running.

The train route between Main Street and Frontierland travels on the outskirts of Adventureland but you really don't see any of the park. You go through a tunnel just before the station where you will see the final scene of Splash Mtn. through a glass window. After Frontierland you go along the river and see a bit more.

Probably a good idea to just play it by ear when you arrive. If a train is just leaving you will probably have a bit of a wait. If you are pressed for time I would hesitate to trust waiting for a train. Otherwise just do what suits your mood.

How long of a walk is it form the gate of the park to Pirate League? if we have a 9:00 ADR at Ohana's would we make it to our 1st 11:10 Pirate League appointment with out have to feel like we are in a race?

How long of a walk is it form the gate of the park to Pirate League? if we have a 9:00 ADR at Ohana's would we make it to our 1st 11:10 Pirate League appointment with out have to feel like we are in a race?

Pirates League is next to POTC ride. You go all the way up Main Street, take a left through Adventureland past the Treehouse, Magic Carpets and Tiki Room to get to POTC entrance and Pirates League is just past the entrance. I'm going to guess about a 15 minute walk at a leisurely pace.

I would maybe get to Ohana a little early if possible. I haven't done breakfast there but I hear it can sometimes get backed up with seating times. I think you should have enough time to eat and make it to MK without being rushed.

Pirates League is next to POTC ride. You go all the way up Main Street, take a left through Adventureland past the Treehouse, Magic Carpets and Tiki Room to get to POTC entrance and Pirates League is just past the entrance. I'm going to guess about a 15 minute walk at a leisurely pace.

I would maybe get to Ohana a little early if possible. I haven't done breakfast there but I hear it can sometimes get backed up with seating times. I think you should have enough time to eat and make it to MK without being rushed.

May be hard to get there to much earlier than 8:45. We also have an appointment for a 20 minute family photo session at The Poly at 8:00am. I know it will take more than 20 mintes but I am hoping no more than 40. Do you think it is possible or am I bitting off more than I can chew?

Definitely doable! A terrific idea to take photo's before breakfast at the same resort hotel. Getting to Pirates League after breakfast should work out just fine. You are a class A planner!!

Definitely doable! A terrific idea to take photo's before breakfast at the same resort hotel. Getting to Pirates League after breakfast should work out just fine. You are a class A planner!!

Thanks so much!!! This helps me feel better on my plan. Good thing I enjoy planning. For me it is just as much fun as the trip itself. It takes hours planning and reasearching but I find in the long run it pays off.

May be hard to get there to much earlier than 8:45. We also have an appointment for a 20 minute family photo session at The Poly at 8:00am. I know it will take more than 20 mintes but I am hoping no more than 40. Do you think it is possible or am I bitting off more than I can chew?

Can I ask where you got the information for the family photo session? This sounds like something I would be interested in doing.

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter