Riding back to back?

phoenixflight

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can ride an attraction at WDW more than once in a row? Do you have to ask the CM ahead of time? Does this only work if it's not a Fastpass ride? I would love to do this, but don't want to be inconsiderate of others waiting in line.

If you mean ride without getting off, then yes, it can occasionally happen if it's a very slow time (with nobody in line) and the ride vehicles load and unload at the same spot (so you won't see any "backstage" areas). We once rode POTC first thing in the morning and they asked the half dozen of us on the two boats if we wanted to go around again. The wife and I didn't, but it would have been possible.

If there's a line at all, it isn't going to happen without you getting out and going through the line again.

As long as there is nobody waiting, or there are so few people waiting that you will not prevent someone from boarding the current ride vehicle.

Last month we were able to ride IASW back to back- there were only 3 people waiting to board, and our boat was only half full.

Last year on one trip DS14 was able to ride KRR B2B four times in a row. He really wanted to get soaked and didn't on the first three times, I guess. As noted, it was very slow with no wait to board and many of the boats going out with no one on board.

My son was allowed to ride BTMRR 6 times in a row without getting off on his 6th birthday. It was January and not that busy. I had to get off after 3 times (not because they made me, I couldn't take it) but his dad stayed on with him the whole time.

We have ridden back to back only on very rare occasions that the park was empty and there were no lines TTA & Kali River Rapids. We could have ridden Spaceship Earth back to back on my last trip (we always ride it late at night), but we decided to get off because we were really tired and wanted to leave the park by that time.

There must be no line, or a short enough line that you are not taking a needed seat for a waiting guest. We have done it on the TTA many times and BTMR once (around 2 am).

Did it on Kali this past year. Of course it was raining. but we figured since we were already wet.........

Could of probably ridden it for an hour straight.

But like the other poster said, it only works if there is no line or another case would be doing a child swap.

We were able to ride Splash Mtn b2b a couple of years ago when lines were non-existent.

Two years ago (in February 2009) we were able to get back-to-back (and in a couple cases back-to-back-to-back-back rides on a bunch of things (BTMR, HM, IASW, Mad Tea Party).

But it was a really dead week with little to no crowds, which was awesome!

Several years ago - in September - we were at epcot during the evening extra magic hours - and we rode Test Track four times without getting off. My girls STILL talk about that!

Then, in April we were there - got to Soarin right at 9pm with our fast passes - and when we got to our seats - were were all the way to the right, bottom row. And when we were done, we were told that our whole section could ride again if we wanted. That second ride was the last of the night.

The key - both times, no one else was waiting for our seats!

We have had great success with this for many differnt rides at the end of EMH. We have even ridden TSM back to back. If you can last until the end of EMH, especially when it ends in the wee morning hours, it can feel like no one is in the parks with you! :thumbsup2

There is one ride in the Magic Kingdom that you can ride as long as you want - the Railroad! You're free to take the "Grand Circle Tour" around the Magic Kingdom as many times as you want. The only time they make you get off is if the train is closing.

Okay, it isn't the most thrilling attraction, but it's great if you want to rest your feet while actually "doing" something.

I rode Goofy's Barnstormer 7 times in a row with the kiddies one quiet January morning. I couldn't handle any more, so we got off and their dad and grandpa got on with them and did it five more times in a row for a total of 12 times with only one off/on. I was ready to hurl. :lmao:

My mom and I did the Teacups with the kids three times in a row without getting off that same day. Let me tell you how much fun THAT was. :sick: At the end, we didn't need to get off because of other guests, but if I didn't I was seriously going to hurl. The kids had that thing whipping!

And lets see...we've done the carousel again and again. DS and DH did BTMRR three or four times in a row. We've done EE back-to-back, but that isn't something I'd repeat. DS was not happy about the second time!

We've also been offered a return trip on IASW (but seriously, who can take that more than once?!) and we've had a few other rides where we've gone twice in a row without exiting. POTC was one, but not this last trip - it was down a LOT.

Oh, and I know, I know! What is the thing in the Epcot ball?! The kids and DH did that one over and over and over and over and over...repeat until you can't stand it any more. We had the best video postcards from that one though, because they kept making different faces each time and I stayed downstairs and watched for their pictures. LOL!

Some years ago on my first or second trip to WDW my family and I were able to ride POTC twice through when there was no line. I remember it pretty clearly because my dad made the rotating finger sign with his hand, and the CMs just let us go through again. Needless to say, I was stoked at the time - I thought it was pretty much the coolest thing ever to just ride again with no line!

As long as there is nobody waiting, or there are so few people waiting that you will not prevent someone from boarding the current ride vehicle.

:thumbsup2 We've ridden BTMRR, TTA, Grand Fiesta in Mexico and POTC this way a number of times when there was nobody waiting.

We've gotten to ride Goofy's Barnstormer and Snow White back to back.

With the Barnstormer, it was one morning in August 2010 and we went there right when Toontown opened. There were only a couple people in line and there were empty seats in our train so they kept letting us stay on. I made us get off after either the 5th or 6th trip around because my back was killing me. Those seatbacks don't have any padding.

With Snow White, it was during a PM EMH, and again, no one was waiting. I think we only rode through twice on that, but it could have been 3 times in a row.

During a chilly Dec. Evening, we rode Thunder Mt RR four times. We could have stayed on longer, but it was just too cold!

My son's favorite ride at EPCOT is the seas with Nemo and Friends. After exiting after about the third or fourth ride about 20 minutes prior to park closing, the exit CM told us we could just stay in the shell and we rode an extra six or seven times after that. The ride was virtually empty at the time.

We also stayed on the boat for three consecutive Grand Fiesta rides after asking the CM if it was ok each time when there were no people waiting to board.

When there's no (or a very small) line, usually toward park closing or the end of late EMH for us, we often get asked if we'd like to ride again, or we ask to sit through a show again. Usually not a problem.

Last trip we lucked out and got asked by a CM on TSM for the last ride on late EMH (I think it was around 1am). Never thought I'd get two Toy Story rides in a row, what a thrill! But my arm was soooo sore after that..........
Kinda strange to see more CMs than park guests as we exited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter