Riding 7DMT before rope drop?

luvmymouse

Earning My Ears
Someone reported on another forum that if you are in the MK early for breakfast and finish before the park opens you can ride 7DMT before rope drop. Is this true? Has anyone actually done this?

Nothing I've heard of. I know that many times, you are held in one place until rope drop happens. I wouldn't be too happy to hear of this....that would mean that people would start booking those very early ADRs in order to beat the influx of people at rope drop. You are paying for a meal, not a FP!

Someone reported on another forum that if you are in the MK early for breakfast and finish before the park opens you can ride 7DMT before rope drop. Is this true? Has anyone actually done this?

There have been several reports of the
holding area being let go just before RD, thus allowing those people access to SDMT before those at the front of the park.

Recent reports have CMs leading that group of breakfast people in right ahead of the rope drop crowd and feeding through the FP line.

For a short time, people reported being allowed out in time to ride several times before the RD crowd hits. But lately it's been just enough time for 1 ride.

I've eaten at BOG before rope drop twice. Once we weren't being held and I got to ride SDMT 3 times before rope drop. The other time we were held outside BOG near the ride and let go as the rope drop people were nearing us to be able to ride once. It is an advantage but now I'm wondering if BOG will even continue to serve breakfast after the "trial" is over.?.

Nothing I've heard of. I know that many times, you are held in one place until rope drop happens. I wouldn't be too happy to hear of this....that would mean that people would start booking those very early ADRs in order to beat the influx of people at rope drop. You are paying for a meal, not a FP!

I agree and this is why I asked. Someone on this other forum made a breakfast ADR at BOG for that reason: because she heard that her family will get to ride 7DMT before rope drop.

That's exactly why we made two 8am BOG ADRs, hoping to ride before the rope drop crowd and use that FP for something else. Fingers crossed...

I'm wondering about the other people who finish their early breakfasts at Crystal Palace and CRT. Can they also ride 7DMT before rope drop? Doesn't seem fair to tell those guests no because of the location of their restaurants. Why should it be a perk for those eating at BOG only?

I don't know if Crystal Palace or CRT would be able to ride. I don't know if BOG guests will be allowed but I'm certainly hoping... I do know anyone at rope drop had the same opportunity I had to make an 8am BOG ADR hoping for an early ride.

I don't know if Crystal Palace or CRT would be able to ride. I don't know if BOG guests will be allowed but I'm certainly hoping... I do know anyone at rope drop had the same opportunity I had to make an 8am BOG ADR hoping for an early ride.

They had the same opportunity to get an ADR at BOG but that doesn't mean there were any ADRs available.

I wanted an early Crystal Palace ADR and couldn't get it. But I had the same opportunity as the person who did get it. Because there weren't any ADRs available doesn't make it unfair. I was just out of luck. My luck improved when they extended the BOG test and I was able to get one there.

I wanted an early Crystal Palace ADR and couldn't get it. But I had the same opportunity as the person who did get it. Because there weren't any ADRs available doesn't make it unfair. I was just out of luck. My luck improved when they extended the BOG test and I was able to get one there.

You're confused about what I'm saying would be unfair. However,I was just told on the other forum that CP and CRT guests have also been allowed on 7DMT early so the point is now moot and there is no need to clear up your confusion!

:-)

Oh, no confusion here. I understood EVERY thing you had to say.

Glad you found your answer :flower1:

I can't imagine many CRT or CP guests being out in enough time to take advantage of this. When we had an 8:00 CP ADR, the characters had barely completed their round before the RD crowds started passing.

I had a before park opening adr last week. We were in line for 7dmt by 845am, and they let us ride it about 855am. The park opened at 9.

I can't imagine many CRT or CP guests being out in enough time to take advantage of this. When we had an 8:00 CP ADR, the characters had barely completed their round before the RD crowds started passing.

That's why I'm glad I was able to get BOG instead of CP. I'm crossing my fingers that they don't stop letting you ride early. Can't wait to see...

As others have said this is true for the BOG ADR. Just make sure you leave the restaurant before 8:40 b/c sometimes they let rope drop people in before 9:00. We did this a couple of weeks ago and were the first in line for 7DMT that day and we were able to get a ride swap, which allowed my wife and daughters to be 3rd in line to meet A&E. We rode it two times before crowd arrived. Probably could have ridden it again but decided to hurry up and get to space mountain and Buzz Light Year.

The best part of BOG is that since you are at a CS restaurant you can cut cost by ordering off the kids menu or don't order anything at all. My family of 5 ate breakfast for around $45 since my wife ordered off the kids menu and I didn't order a meal. Just ate the pastries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter