Ridin' those rides and Trekking thru Africa, a Solo TR! FINAL UPDATE 10/28

Woo Hoo! You finally made it over to the CBR to have a look around. Just looking at your pictures made me "home" sick. It's too bad that you weren't able to take the boat over to Port Orleans. I was looking forward to seeing pictures of the resort.

At least the rain stopped by the time you got back to Pop and you could take a walk around the resort. I always forget how cute Pop is.

Great pictures!!! :thumbsup2 I love the CBR pictures. I want to stay there one day. I have a huge passion for the resort. I was thinking, that half way thru my trip. I would take a day and hit 2 or 3 resorts and take pictures of them and sorta just walk around and see them.

How was the tie dye cheese cake? It looks intersting enough? Did you do any shopping at dtd at all? Where or which room area did you stay at Pop's? Were u in a preferred room?

mickeystoontown said:
Woo Hoo! You finally made it over to the CBR to have a look around. Just looking at your pictures made me "home" sick. It's too bad that you weren't able to take the boat over to Port Orleans. I was looking forward to seeing pictures of the resort.

At least the rain stopped by the time you got back to Pop and you could take a walk around the resort. I always forget how cute Pop is.

I have to admit that looking at the CBR pics again kinda made me wish I had booked there like I had originally planned for this upcoming trip. But the POP pics,reminded me that I live it there and will be fine :goodvibes

I have most of a day planned for touring resorts this next trip, and I definitely want to look at POR so you will be able to see those pics!

captaindavidhook said:
Great pictures!!! :thumbsup2 I love the CBR pictures. I want to stay there one day. I have a huge passion for the resort. I was thinking, that half way thru my trip. I would take a day and hit 2 or 3 resorts and take pictures of them and sorta just walk around and see them.

How was the tie dye cheese cake? It looks intersting enough? Did you do any shopping at dtd at all? Where or which room area did you stay at Pop's? Were u in a preferred room?

I like CBR and definitely plan to stay there one day. You should check out other resorts, its nice to see the different themes.

The tie dye cheesecake was good. Not my favorite thing but I liked it. I didn't do any shopping in DTD that day.

I was in a standard room, building 3 facing the lake on the 4th floor. That was actually exactly what I requested and was so lucky to get it. I'm requesting the same for my next trip, but who knows if I will get that lucky again.

I really wanted to spend some time visiting other resorts on my last trip (mainly AKL and/or POR), but rest won over that. Too bad those clouds made you cut your visiting short. (Does that sentence make sense? For some reason it looks weird...)

Great pictures of POP. I too took a lot of pictures there a year ago, but you got a lot of different angles than I did. And I never noticed that sign in Everything POP. Good job on that hidden mickey, it seems small!!

I really wanted to spend some time visiting other resorts on my last trip (mainly AKL and/or POR), but rest won over that. Too bad those clouds made you cut your visiting short. (Does that sentence make sense? For some reason it looks weird...)

Great pictures of POP. I too took a lot of pictures there a year ago, but you got a lot of different angles than I did. And I never noticed that sign in Everything POP. Good job on that hidden mickey, it seems small!!

The sentence makes perfect sense to me :goodvibes I can understand how rest would win out when you did so much on your trip!

I think that sign is by the divider between the food court and shop, but I could be wrong. The HM was pretty small. I kind of found it by accident. I stopped for something and looked down, and there it was! :rotfl:

The sentence makes perfect sense to me :goodvibes I can understand how rest would win out when you did so much on your trip!

I think that sign is by the divider between the food court and shop, but I could be wrong. The HM was pretty small. I kind of found it by accident. I stopped for something and looked down, and there it was! :rotfl:

Oh, good! English is not my first language, so sometimes I get confused. Thanks! :)

Oh, good! English is not my first language, so sometimes I get confused. Thanks! :)

I honestly never would have guessed that from the way you write, as you write your updates perfectly in English. Sometimes I forget you live in Canada and speak French as a first language. :goodvibes

I honestly never would have guessed that from the way you write, as you write your updates perfectly in English. Sometimes I forget you live in Canada and speak French as a first language. :goodvibes

Awwww, thank you! I do speak English everyday now as Ron speaks very little French (but I do speak to my daughter only in French, and he speaks to her only in English ;)). I'm lucky that learning a new language is easy for me. I learned a bit in school, but was mostly self-taught through music and movies. Also I went to university in English to become fully bilingual. Sometimes though some wording will escape me, and my vocabulary is not as big.

For someone who kinda disappeared for a few months, I sure have made up in comments this week! :rotfl2:

Never would have guessed CBR as your next destination! Loved the pictures since I will be there in 39 days. Just need to get through the next 10 days. My MIL is flying in tomorrow and will be here till the 28th. :crazy2: After that I can start packing for Disney. :cool1:

I'm thinking of visiting POR and POFQ when I go next month. I'm planning to head back to WDW in Oct 2013 and am going to stay at one of those two. Next year will be both my 40th B-day and 15th Anniversary. DH is not a huge Disney fan and he hasn't been since our Honeymoon in 1998. He is going back with me next year to celebrate both occasions (somewhat against his will but he will live). We stayed at POR which was Dixie Landings then on our Honeymoon so I'm thinking of there for sentimental reasons. But I've never stayed at POFQ so I may switch us to that one. I think I change my mind daily between the two. :rotfl:

Loved all the pictures of POP. It took me right back to my 2010 trip when we stayed there. I think I have most of the same pictures of the resort that you took. I really want a POP waffle right now!

Awwww, thank you! I do speak English everyday now as Ron speaks very little French (but I do speak to my daughter only in French, and he speaks to her only in English ;)). I'm lucky that learning a new language is easy for me. I learned a bit in school, but was mostly self-taught through music and movies. Also I went to university in English to become fully bilingual. Sometimes though some wording will escape me, and my vocabulary is not as big.

For someone who kinda disappeared for a few months, I sure have made up in comments this week! :rotfl2:

You really do a great job writing English! And lucky Claudia that she will grow up bilingual. Best time for her to learn them, as the older you get the harder it is to learn another language.

Yes you have made up in comments! :lmao:

Never would have guessed CBR as your next destination! Loved the pictures since I will be there in 39 days. Just need to get through the next 10 days. My MIL is flying in tomorrow and will be here till the 28th. :crazy2: After that I can start packing for Disney. :cool1:

I'm thinking of visiting POR and POFQ when I go next month. I'm planning to head back to WDW in Oct 2013 and am going to stay at one of those two. Next year will be both my 40th B-day and 15th Anniversary. DH is not a huge Disney fan and he hasn't been since our Honeymoon in 1998. He is going back with me next year to celebrate both occasions (somewhat against his will but he will live). We stayed at POR which was Dixie Landings then on our Honeymoon so I'm thinking of there for sentimental reasons. But I've never stayed at POFQ so I may switch us to that one. I think I change my mind daily between the two. :rotfl:

Loved all the pictures of POP. It took me right back to my 2010 trip when we stayed there. I think I have most of the same pictures of the resort that you took. I really want a POP waffle right now!

Good luck with your MIL! And glad I could help with posting the CBR pics. I didn't realize our trips are so close together. My trip is 43 days away!

I really hope I get to see POR and POFQ this next trip. I will do the monorail resorts, AKL, B&YC and WL first since they have great decorations, but want to make it to those too since I may want to stay there on a future trip.

Mmm...a POP waffle sounds really good right now!

DAY 6, THURSDAY FEBRUARY 16TH, PART 8

So, I cannot find any of the pictures I KNOW I took of the rest of this day, but wanted to give a quick synopsis of the rest of my day before I start the next. At the same time as I ate the tie-dye cheesecake I ate dinner. I got the Mom's Night Out special for that night, which was the Turkey with Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Beans and Cornbread. It was all pretty good.

I decided to watch the movie for the night, which was Hercules. I hadn't seen it in a while and really enjoyed it. After it ended I watched a little TV in my room then went to sleep.

NEXT TIME: MAGIC KINGDOM, ROUND 2!

DAY 7, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 18TH, PART 1

I woke up around 6:30am thanks to Stitch calling me, and took my shower. I ate a granola bar on the way to the bus stops. Today was my last park day. Which park did I choose to end my trip at?

001.jpg

The bus was there in about 8 minutes and I was on my way to MK. The bus was not busy that early, so I just relaxed until we got there. I am sad to say I took pictures of the opening ceremony, then promptly (accidentally!) deleted them. But we were let in at 9am and I took some shots as I walked in.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Being a creature of habit, I headed toward Tomorrowland first. I got a FP for Buzz Lightyear, then headed over to ride Space Mountain for the first time of the day. But first, I got a quick pic of Stitch messing with some CMs at a cart by the entrance.

006.jpg

Then onto the ride!

005.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Since the park had just opened the games weren't working yet, and I was quickly in the short line by the ride loading area.

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

I was on within a few minutes. I got one blurry shot of the tunnel and then enjoyed the ride!

018.jpg

I didn't really prepare fast enough to pose for this ride photo!

019.jpg

And then I headed back out into Tomorrowland.

020.jpg

021.jpg

The sky was not looking pretty when I came out, and it was a little chilly that day at around 55 degrees at 9am-ish. Not bad to me at all, since it was still quite a bit warmer than it was in MD!

022.jpg

023.jpg

Chip and Dale were starting to meet people, but I just got a quick pic and moved on to the next attraction.

024.jpg

I used my FP for Buzz Lightyear next! Some photos while in the (short) line.

025.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

I was soon helping to defeat the evil emperor Zurg, and did a pretty good job of it!

031.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

My (once again boring) ride photo on Buzz Lightyear.

032.jpg

I headed to Carousel of Progress next. Even though it's a bit dated and cheesy, I still love it. I just missed a show by a few minutes, so I took a few pictures while I was waiting.

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

I was in the theater after about 15 minutes. I took a quick picture of the curtains, then turned off the camera like a good guest!

038.jpg

After my rides thru the decades I grabbed a FP for Space Mountain and then headed over to laugh. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor was next!

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

I was bummed this week to come across a thread on EasyWDW of people slamming Laugh Floor as being a horrible attraction and wanting it to close. I personally love it, and do it several times each visit. Yes, the jokes are cheesy, but it's interactive and changes with every viewing. JMHO of course!

After my hilarious show ended I was starting to feel hungry. Since it was close by I headed over to Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe.

046.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

I got the Grilled Chicken sandwich with fries and a Sugar Free Brownie. The chicken and fries were good, and I wasn't thrilled with the Brownie. Though I will admit I'm not really a big fan of brownies anyway, so take my opinion with a grain of salt!

047.jpg

048.jpg

Once I finished eating I headed into Fantasyland. Alice and the White Rabbit were by the Tea Cups, but their lines were long so I got pics as I walked by!

052.jpg

053.jpg

These pictures are all old news now that they've opened Storybook Circus and letting people into New Fantasyland, but I'll post the pics I took of the work going on anyway.

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

Then a shot of the backside of Cinderella's Castle. That almost sounds dirty!! :rotfl2:

060.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

I grabbed a FP for Winnie the Pooh and got my bonus one for Philharmagic. The stand-by for Philharmagic was only 15 minutes though, so I headed on in. While I waited I got a few pictures.

064.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

I was in the theater in about 12 minutes. While everyone else was still coming in I took some shots of the theater itself.

071.jpg

072.jpg

This is truly my favorite show in WDW! I just love seeing parts of so many movies and the 3D effects are great. I got a blury shot of Donald after he flew into the wall at the end.

073.jpg

I walked down to Liberty Square to take a spooky ride on the Haunted Mansion!

075.jpg

077.jpg

079.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

I tried to get pictures (without the flash!) but they didn't show up very well, so I just danced with the happy haunts and had my head swapped by a hitch hiking ghost!

087.jpg

089.jpg

Since I had ridden almost everything else on my first day at MK, I wanted to get in some things I hadn't done that day. Liberty Belle boat was the next one up that I had skipped on Sunday.

090.jpg

My enthusiastic captain!

091.jpg

And some of the boat and scenery as we loaded.

092.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

A good shot of The Haunted Mansion as we left the dock.

099.jpg

UP NEXT: MORE MK FUN!

Remind me to never challenge you in Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger. Man, you look so intense in those pictures. I would have no chance of beating you lol Those were some great scores you put up. I meant to ask you and I am not sure if I did already but did you have a park hopper for this trip?

Remind me to never challenge you in Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger. Man, you look so intense in those pictures. I would have no chance of beating you lol Those were some great scores you put up. I meant to ask you and I am not sure if I did already but did you have a park hopper for this trip?

There are tricks to doing well at Buzz, like making sure to hit the areas worth the most. If I find the link for where those spots are (I can only describe them so well) I will post it for you. In general though, the further away they are the more points they give you. :goodvibes

I did not do a park hopper. I've actually never done park hopper, and doubt I ever will. I understand why some people do, but it doesn't fit with my touring style at all.

What a great morning/early afternoon at the MK. You hit up a lot of attractions thus far, including some of my favs and not so favs (sorry, not a Carrousel or Laugh Comedy fan :stir:). I'm with you...Mickey's Philharmagic is my favorite show...it is just so well done and love the songs from the movies.

I like brownies, but not sugar free ones...kind of spoils the purpose of the brownie. ;)

KatMark said:
What a great morning/early afternoon at the MK. You hit up a lot of attractions thus far, including some of my favs and not so favs (sorry, not a Carrousel or Laugh Comedy fan :stir:). I'm with you...Mickey's Philharmagic is my favorite show...it is just so well done and love the songs from the movies.

I like brownies, but not sugar free ones...kind of spoils the purpose of the brownie. ;)

I like CoP, but its not a must do. Since I had 2 full MK days that trip I did it. Since I only have one less-than-full day this time I probably won't. I will do Laugh Floor though, as I really enjoy it.

I only got the brownie since you get desert on the DP and I didn't much like the other options. I should have said I don't like PLAIN brownies much. I do like them if they have something on/in them, like peanut butter chips or M&Ms. But plain ones are too much of just chocolate for me to eat more than a bite or two.

We really had no interest in the Laugh Floor, but on our last trip after two days in MK we had done most everything we wanted to do, so we decided to venture in there. We loved it! So much so that we returned again that very same day. It doesn't change enough to really see it more than once per day, but it's definitely funny! :lmao:

We really had no interest in the Laugh Floor, but on our last trip after two days in MK we had done most everything we wanted to do, so we decided to venture in there. We loved it! So much so that we returned again that very same day. It doesn't change enough to really see it more than once per day, but it's definitely funny! :lmao:

Glad you gave it a chance! It's funny in the cheesy, Disney, family-friendly kind of way. My father is very cheesy with his jokes, so I'm used to that type of humor :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter