• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ridin’ Solo – ‘Une Personne S’il Vous Plait’ **COMPLETED (Plus Lunch At Walt's)**

Lovely photos and report, i also rode the Carousel on my own when on my solo trip, i felt a bit silly!!! I wasn't up as early as you though and there were people around for the other rides.
Thats the first time i've seen a Mickey Brioche, i must track one down next time i visit. only 5 months now

Fantastic!!! DLP just for you. Magical :goodvibes and interesting.. and weird:lmao: anyway, photos are just great. Love them. And Mickey shaped.. I wanna have that right now.. Ok, 24 days and I'm getting one. I'm really getting one...

I want more of your TR :lovestruc

OMG I read that last addition about you being in Fantasyland all alone with my chin hitting the floor - thats incredible and completely fabulous :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:!!!

I'll get my notebook out!:yay:

The cocktail budget is ready and waiting - especially as we are going without the children!:rolleyes1

Oh wow, you are going to have a blast :cool1:

wow all those rides on your own :wizard::wizard::wizard:its like my bestest dream ever ever amazing i work at a school so its always busy when we go

It was very cool to have the place to myself for a while, so peaceful :cloud9:

Lovely photos and report, i also rode the Carousel on my own when on my solo trip, i felt a bit silly!!! I wasn't up as early as you though and there were people around for the other rides.
Thats the first time i've seen a Mickey Brioche, i must track one down next time i visit. only 5 months now

The Mickey Brioche is just heavenly :cloud9: get yourself a nice hot drink to go with it and enjoy every bite

OMG so ghostly! Love it.....really enjoying your trip report!

Thanks for reading, hopefully I will get time for another update today :thumbsup2

Fantastic!!! DLP just for you. Magical :goodvibes and interesting.. and weird:lmao: anyway, photos are just great. Love them. And Mickey shaped.. I wanna have that right now.. Ok, 24 days and I'm getting one. I'm really getting one...

I want more of your TR :lovestruc

More is on the way :goodvibes and I know you are going to love the Mickey Brioche :cool1:

OMG I read that last addition about you being in Fantasyland all alone with my chin hitting the floor - thats incredible and completely fabulous :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:!!!

I know it was amazing and it was exactly the same the following morning :cool1:

It mus be a wonderful and very strange feeling to walk around alone.

Morning everyone and happy Friday :cool1:

Now where was I, Oh yes I had just got back from my inter-planetary flight in Discoveryland so it was time to head back to Fantasyland (or my private playground as I like to think of it) to hit the rides that weren’t open during EMHs

On the way I bumped into Goofy and Pluto (picture in my intro)

The lines were still virtually non existent so I quickly rode Pinocchio and Snow White just in case the lines built up later in the day

I then took about 1 million photographs of the castle, don’t worry I will only subject you to one

IMG_1697.jpg

I then popped inside to see Monsieur Dragon and then took a tour of the beautiful windows upstairs

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

Next it was off to Adventureland

IMG_1439.jpg

This is such a beautiful area, I could spend hours just walking around here, taking photos

The next ride on my hit-list was Indiana Jones, a new one for me.

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

To be honest this ride didn’t really thrill me. It was such a short ride and just didn’t feel ‘Disney’ to me. It could have been a coaster anywhere in the world. Although it was still a walk on, I didn’t bother getting back on

Next it was off to one of my absolute favourites

IMG_1441.jpg

I love this ride and I actually think that the Paris version has the edge over Orlando.

I had a reservation for lunch at the Blue Lagoon and wanted to ride Pirates so I could check it out from the water before heading in. I had actually considered cancelling and just grabbing some counter service lunch but as soon as I saw the restaurant from the water I decided I just had to go there.

By the time I excited the ride it was time for my reservation so I walked round to check in and was greeted by this charming fellow

IMG_1461.jpg

My reservation nearly turned into a ‘table for two’ but then I remembered that I am indeed a married woman :lmao:

The check in and waiting area for this restaurant is lovely and a very friendly cast member handed me a restaurant menu and invited me to take a seat and informed me that someone would be with me shortly. I had asked if it would be possible for a water side table and he said that they would see what they could do

I barely had time to sit down before another CM greeted me and led me to a wonderful table right by the water

I am so glad that I didn’t cancel this lunch as I absolutely loved the atmosphere inside and to sit watching the boats float past with a drink in hand was just heavenly :cloud9:

The service was excellent and I really enjoyed my food

I kicked things off with a suitably Caribbean drink

IMG_1472.jpg

Captains Mai Tai – This was brought to me quickly and with a few snacks

Shortly after my drink arrived my server brought me some fresh warm rolls and took my order

I decided on the Buccaneer’s Two Course Menu

I started with ‘Pressed Crab With Avocado Cream, Rocket Salad & Sun-Dried Tomatoes’ - sorry about the poor photo

IMG_1474.jpg

And for my main course I had the ‘Fillet Of Capitaine Fish Baked In Banana Leaves, Perfumed Rice & Plantain Banana'

IMG_1478.jpg

The more observant of you may have notice that I had my arm twisted into partaking in a glass of wine to accompany my meal :laughing:

I was much too full for dessert so decided I would grab a sweet treat later in the day elsewhere

I really, really enjoyed my time in The Blue Lagoon and it wonderful addition to my park experience that I would highly recommend

I decided to walk straight back round to ride Pirates again to really finish my meal in style :thumbsup2

another great installment :thumbsup2.I'm so glad you also enjoyed the Blue Lagoon, after all the bad reveiws on here I was in two minds about trying it,But I am so glad I did.

I had the parrot fish but debated between that and the Capitaine fish so it is nice to see what I could have had...looks lovely.

Patiently waiting for the next instalment :surfweb:

You know, most of the photos I've seen with Captain Jack Sparrow in them feature the ladies of the group, not the kids :lmao::lmao: (wonder why that is :rolleyes1??)

and when I think that pirates of Caribbean will be closed at time of my visit :sad1: do I have a chance for such a photo? :confused:

anyway, wonderful photos and wonderful TR. More more more!!!!!!!

We obviously have the same taste in booze, I also had that same cocktail in Blue Lagoon :rotfl:
My favourite restaurant at DLP so I'm very glad you enjoyed it! Loving your trip report and looking forward to more.

* Shari makes frantic note of Captain's Mai Tai cocktail.....

We are eating at Blue Lagoon next Wednesday! I'm looking forward to it even more now! (Hope Jack is around....:rolleyes1)

Loving the photos Linda!:love:

Quick update folks
I feel like I am rambling so I hope I am not turning what should be a brief three day trip report into war and peace :)
Anyway I am all over this tomorrow so your next installments will be with you shortly
I am also determined to complete my cocktail review for mamaboogie ahead of her trip next week :)

Quick update folks
I feel like I am rambling so I hope I am not turning what should be a brief three day trip report into war and peace :)

Thanks perfectly ok.The longer the better is grand with me and everyone else, I'm sure ;)

How amazing having the park all to yourself!!!

I think I would have been tempted to have lunch with Jack - husband or no husband!! :love:

Fab TR, love the food photos too... popcorn::

After lunch and another ride around Pirates, I spent some time exploring the tree house and adventure isle (wonderful theming)

Next it was off the Big Thunder Mountain where I got front row which I always love

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

Everything was walk on, I hadn’t needed to use FP for anything but I still had my hotel FP to use so I decided I would save it for BTM later in the day

I then headed off to Phantom Manor, it’s a very close call between this and Pirates for favourite attraction at DLP and I think I ended up riding this four times over the course of my stay

IMG_1534.jpg

I love that you walk through the front door of the mansion in DLP and I could spend hours just looking at the exterior of the building and wandering around boot hill

IMG_1530.jpg

I strolled back through Frontierland and saw that a performance of Mickey’s Winter Wonderland was about to start so I grabbed a cappuccino and headed into the theatre

IMG_1506.jpg

I really enjoyed the show and the little boy that they pulled out of the audience to shout into the cave really got into his part

IMG_1518.jpg

After the show I had another ride on BTM before heading back to Discoveryland to see Captain EO (got to love those hair-styles!) and check out anything else I had missed

It was getting close to the 5pm Parade so I popped into the Gibson Girl’s Ice Cream Parlour on Main Street and got this beauty to keep me company on the curb

IMG_1535.jpg

I thought the Parade was fantastic. I wasn’t really bothered about seeing it but as I had done all of the rides I through I might as well check it out but let me tell you, this is a great Parade

The characters and dancers were so enthusiastic and that really transferred through to the crowd

IMG_1541.jpg

Once the parade ended I caught the little show on the castle stage which again was a really great show. The live entertainment in general really surprised me on this trip. It really was first class

IMG_1684.jpg

The park was due to close at 6pm so I just had time for a final trip on BTM and wanted to end my day at Phantom Manor in the dark

Coming up next ………… Don’t judge, it’s all in the name of research :laughing:

Right so what’s a girl to do on a solo evening at Disneyland Paris:confused3

That’s right; hang around in bars :lmao:

I had decided that I wanted to check out the Hotel New York and Newport Bay as I had never visited them on my previous trips (we had stayed at the Sequoia Lodge before) so in order to make the tour a little more interesting I stuck upon the idea of ‘Cocktails Around The Lake’

Yep, that’s right I was going to thinly disguise my desire for a fancy adult beverage with a ‘research tour of hotels’ :rolleyes1

Let’s get this show on the road

First Up …………. My home ground ……………………. Café Fantasia

IMG_1584.jpg

The Ponchielli

A mix of Bacardi Superior Rum, Chambord Liqueur, Peach Nectar, Pineapple Juice and Monin Grenadine Syrup

Presentation 5 out of 5
Taste 4 out of 5
Snacks Served 4 out of 5 (Nuts and Tortilla Chips)
Atmosphere 5 out of 5

Next Up ……………. New York City Bar ……………………Hotel New York

IMG_1585.jpg

The New York, New York

A mix of Bacardi Superior Rum, Melon Liqueur, Pineapple Juice, Fresh Lemon Juice and Monin Peach Syrup

Presentation 4 out of 5
Taste 5 out of 5
Snacks served 5 out of 5 (Olives and Nuts)
Atmosphere 3 out of 5 (I was the only person in there, but the staff were lovely)

Right time to head to …………The Redwood Bar …………………Sequoia Lodge

Yes, I know I had stayed here before so I couldn’t pretend that this was research but it seemed wrong to just walk past on my way to Newport Bay ;)

IMG_1588.jpg

The Sierra Nevada

A mix of Grey Goose Citrus Vodka, Green Apple Liqueur, Fresh Lemon Juice and Blue Curacao

Presentation 3 out of 5
Taste 3 out of 5
Snacks served 0 out of 5 (there weren’t any :eek:)
Atmosphere 4 out of 5 (I had a lovely table next to the fire)

We are in the home straight

Next Up ……………. Fisherman’s Wharf ………….Newport Bay Hotel

IMG_1586.jpg

The Tropical Storm

A mix of Tequila, Apricot Liqueur, Blue Curacao and Passion Fruit Nectar

Presentation 4 out of 5
Taste 4 out of 5
Snacks served 3 out of 5 (nuts and crisps)
Atmosphere 2 out of 5 (felt like I was sitting is a waiting room and the other bar was closed)

So there ends my little posh pub crawl, what was my favourite I hear you cry?

Without doubt the cocktail of the night was the New York, New York at the New York City Bar. This was absolutely delicious.

Some of the other drinks were a little too sweet but the fresh lemon juice in this one gave it a sharper flavour that I really enjoyed.

The bar staff were excellent in the Hotel New York and I am a big fan of Olives so the snacks went down well.

The only downside to this venue was that I was the only person in there and with no music of any sort playing it felt a little low on atmosphere.

I love the décor of this bar and I can imagine if it’s buzzing in there it’s a great place to spend some time

In terms of the venue I most enjoyed though it has to be Café Fantasia, just the right combination of atmosphere and sophistication and I thought that my drink there looked the prettiest :lovestruc

You may have noticed that my food consumption for the evening consisted of mainly peanuts so in what I like to think of as the Disneyland version of getting a kebab on the way home from the pub, I popped into ‘New York Sandwiches’ on my way back through Disney Village for a much needed Tuna Melt Panini which was yummy

IMG_1591.jpg

After a quick look around the shops, where I resisted the temptation to buy anything (never shop after four cocktails people) I headed back to the hotel

I used the kettle that I had borrowed from reception the day before to make myself a nice cup of hot chocolate and fell into bed to read my book

Coming Up Next …………….. Another early start and back to the Studios

Loving the "Cocktails around the lake" :love: All in the name of research for the DIS boards :rotfl2:

Cocktails around the lake!:cloud9: Linda - you are really spoiling us!:lmao:

A cocktail tour is already on our itinery - a New York, New York is now a must!

How disappointing that there aren't any nibbles at Sequoia - that's where I'm staying!:eek:

Were the cocktails on the pricey side?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter