Ridiculed again!

I usually only talk with people who understand. Avoids all the other comments.

No seriously - I only had this problem when we first started going. Then people became used to it and now they all ask - when's your next trip?

Here is a recap of my most frequent questions and answers. I never felt the need to defend myself, but I do feel my response can be just as stupid as their question.

"Are you going back AGAIN?" Yes! And it won't be the last time either!

"Haven't you seen everything yet?" No, come to think of it, I haven't! I guess I will have to go back again!

"Don't you get bored?" If I did, would I be going back?

"What do you do the whole time?" Play! Relax!

At work I am called Mrs. Mickey and I LOVE IT!! - Many of my co-workers go on a cruise every year or have a non flexiable time share that they go to the same time every year - or they rent a ski condo for the season every year and the list goes on! But somehow when you say Disney everyone assumes its the same old trip everytime! Those same folks that do the same things every year in probably less lush accomadations than at DVC resorts and with probably less options of things to do have some nerve to talk about MY vacations habits! But no need to be mean - Whenever I start to get annoyed with them I say " So going on ANOTHER CRUISE this year" or " Gee aren't you tired of going to the same condo at the same time of year every year?" It usually quiets them down and if not I say I know what I like what my family likes and I don't give a #@%&&^ what you think about it!

Sue:D

I use 3 responses-Florida, Orlando and Disney depending on who is asking. They all mean the same wonderful place to me, but sometimes it saves time explaining to people who don't get it.

We used to get that reaction. Now, half the people that used to say that go with us - ha.

It was funny, the other day I told my daughter about the Boardwalk story of the bedbugs. She told her boyfriend (they are going with us to Boardwalk in 2 weeks). And she said he started laughing and singing Zippity Do Da. She said he is so sick of work and bad news, he can't wait to pull into the driveway at Boardwalk.

The best thing about Disneyworld is feeling like you are 6 years old again.

Bugeye.... I now get the same question as you. "When are you going to Disney again?"

We should be compassionate to those envious of our vacations; so therefore here are some suggested responses ...

1. Planning on a European tour (pick any World Showcase stop that applies.
2. Planning on a far eastern tour (same as above)
3. Other variations of 1 and 2 above to complete World Showcase.
4. Planning on cruising the caribbean
5. Slumming it at a 5 star beach resort (BCV or HHI or VBL)
6. Beach and boardwalk trip this year (BWV)
7. Spending a week at my family's Yacht Club (BCV again - look for interesting reponses - expect additional envious comments)
8. We're planning an authentic African safari this year (AKL)
9. Camping in the wild this year (VWL)
10. An old fashioned up-state New York trip (SSR)
11. Polynesian tour this vacation (DPR)

I am certain I am missing quite a few other possibilities, however, I think you can get the point. Got you covered for the next 11 years or more at least. Good luck. And remember ... be compassionate to your friends' or colleagues envious emotions.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I will definately have to use them. I am sorry to see that all of you also get the comments about how often you are going to Disney, but glad to see that I am not the only fanatic who will keep going regardless of what others think. Thanks again!

I am the same way I love the planning part I have trips planned out until 2008. My friends think I am nuts, they just don't understand the "DISNEY ADDICTION". They are the ones missing out. Keep on planning those trips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::MickeyMo

I try not to tell too many people where I'm going if I can avoid it. I have a few friends who are addicts like me, so it's nice to have someone who understands.

My coworkers tease me all the time because we are so enthusiastic about Disney cruises and WDW. I just resort to thinking, "hey, they're just jealous."

In fact, very few people even know that we're DVC members.

Between Anniet and I we are always talking DVC! I even got one of our co-workers to join and Anniet is working on a few of her own! We also work with several people who vacation at WDW at least twice per year. If someone in our office isn't discussing WDW at some point during the year non-DVC WDW people wonder what's going on! LOL Annmarie

Originally posted by BCVOwner2002
Between Anniet and I we are always talking DVC!

fam05.gif

i just give them a dumb look,(comes easy to me) and ask with a very serious tone
You mean people vacation in other places?
since i have a lot of practice at keeping a very serious outward look i can usually pull this off, however since most fellow nurses now know me and know i live off my police pension and work per diem only to put it all into travel, and dvc it's harder to do this anymore
pirate:

Hubby and I are in IT, and layoffs are rampant. Last time I was laid off, even though I had the highest ranking on performance, and was a women (which used to be a minority, now there are more), I was told "we'll your house if paid off, and you have all this money to vacation at Disney, so we thought we'd keep someone else who really needed the job!).

So now, I try to keep my mouth shut, and downplay any security I have, so it's not held against us.

So I need some lame excuses besides going to "Europe" etc... I don't want to give the impression of being any kind of an success. Causes too much jealousy.

So any other ideas, than visiting the grandparents?

Goldi

Originally posted by goldilocks_63
Hubby and I are in IT, and layoffs are rampant. Last time I was laid off, even though I had the highest ranking on performance, and was a women (which used to be a minority, now there are more), I was told "we'll your house if paid off, and you have all this money to vacation at Disney, so we thought we'd keep someone else who really needed the job!).

So now, I try to keep my mouth shut, and downplay any security I have, so it's not held against us.......Goldi

Wow! I can't believe they said that! Lucky they didn't get sued! Since when do employers pick employees by who needs the money the most????

With that philosophy, they should keep those who are married with lots of kids and parents in a nursing home and fire all the single people, because they need the money more than single people, right?? Bet that isn't in their HR handbook!

Anyway, when people question why I go to Disney so often, I just look puzzled and ask them why they care where I go on vacation. Of course, if they are genuinely interested (and you can always tell), I offer to discuss Disney at coffee or lunch or any other time they find convenient!

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter