Rides with infant

fallen_angel727

Here you leave today and enter the world of yester
Is there anywhere I can find a definitive list of the rides I can bring my 6 month old on? I'm specifically looking for rides at MK

I have taken an 8 month old on every ride on this list at MK (everything without a height requirement). One word of advice, there is one ride without a height requirement that I would not take an infant on. It is toy story midway mania at HS. It spins too fast and is too rough and you can't enjoy the play along part of the ride anyway if you are holding a baby.

Just because you CAN ride it doesn't mean you SHOULD ride it. Someone mentioned TSMM being jerky, well Pooh is also pretty jerky. Some attractions are also loud (I'm looking at you Tiki birds!)

With someone that small I'd stick to slow moving rides on the ground. So no Dumbo or Magic Carpets. I would stick with:

Adventureland: Jungle Cruise (skip pirates due to wetness, tiki birds are loud, carpets are too high, the treehouse sucks)
Frontierland: country bears
Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion
Fantasyland: It's a small world, Little Mermaid, carousel (skip Peter Pan and Dumbo due to heights, skip Pooh/Teacups due to jerkiness, skip Philharmagic/Belle/Barnstormer/Dwarfs due to not being appropriate)
Tomorrowland: Autopia, People Mover, Laugh Floor (skip astro orbiter due to heights, toy story due to appropriateness, stitch because it sucks)

With a 6 month old I'd be way more conservative than I would with a 1 year old. Only you can make the right decision for your kid, but the rides I listed will give you zero stress.

Sorry, but I disagree with this....why avoid the ones you listed because of height? You'll be holding a 6 month old so it's not like he's going to jump out of the ride. I'm going in a couple months with my 8 month old and 3 year old, and I might skip pirates because of the recent reports of getting really wet, but plan on going on all the other rides without height limits. By 6 months most babies have pretty good head control so as long as you're holding them I wouldn't worry about taking him on rides that are a little jerky, like pooh. Skipping Peter Pan...no way!

Anything that doesn't have a height requirement.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/#/any-height/

This!

Just went with my baby. :-)

I will use discretion for rides based on the strength of my infant. So we avoided TSMM with him until our most recent trip when he had better head control and easily sits. The ride is just too quick and sudden on spins, IMO.

I opted to not take him on high rides like Dumbo (and copycats) because he is a wiggle worm now. And I am afraid of heights. So the combo doesn't work for me. :-) And I don't do Astro orbiter.

But that is pretty much it. He goes on most all else. Including Peter Pan.

He is our 5th. And we had the same protocols with all of them (except TSMM which didn't exist for babies 1-3, and my oldest who didn't go until 11 months and went on anything she was tall enough for).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter