Rides while pregnant

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
We recently found out we are expecting a surprise baby. Yay!!
Our original plan was to go in March of 2015, but our baby is due in April. We didn't want to put it off any longer since our dd (5) has been talking non-stop about it. So we moved it to December.

I'm not getting the ADRs that I wanted since we booked well after the 180 days out, but we're going to enjoy it the best we can.

Here's my question: which rides are okay for a woman that is five months pregnant? And more importantly, which ones are unsafe that may not appear to be so? I realize any big-drop coasters are out of the question, but dh said there will be plenty there that I can ride. What do you suggest?

I was pregnant in Disney at 5 months. I did not go on any of the thrill rides. Was able to go on anything else, Soarin, and Kilimanjaro Safari. Just didn't do any coasters, splash, Tower of Terror, and Test Track.

well of course discuss it with your doctor but for the most part you just have to avoid the obvious.
like space mountain, splash mountain, thunder mountain, seven dwarfs mine train, mission space, tower of terror, rock n roller coaster, expedition everest, dinosaur...

basically anything a baby can do (which is most things) you can do.
just an example would be...
-its a small world
-peter pan's flight
-mickey's philharmagic
-winnie the pooh
-enchanted tales with belle
-under the sea~journey of the little mermaid
-haunted mansion
-enchanted tiki room
-jungle cruise
-pirates of the caribbean
-carousel of progress
-spaceship earth
-the seas with nemo and friends
-living with the land
-journey into imagination with figment
-the great movie ride
-muppet vision 3d
-beauty and the beast live on stage
and the list goes on.
you get my point.

well of course discuss it with your doctor but for the most part you just have to avoid the obvious.
like space mountain, splash mountain, thunder mountain, seven dwarfs mine train, mission space, tower of terror, rock n roller coaster, expedition everest, dinosaur...

basically anything a baby can do (which is most things) you can do.
just an example would be...
-its a small world
-peter pan's flight
-mickey's philharmagic
-winnie the pooh
-enchanted tales with belle
-under the sea~journey of the little mermaid
-haunted mansion
-enchanted tiki room
-jungle cruise
-pirates of the caribbean
-carousel of progress
-spaceship earth
-the seas with nemo and friends
-living with the land
-journey into imagination with figment
-the great movie ride
-muppet vision 3d
-beauty and the beast live on stage
and the list goes on.
you get my point.

My dr told me any rides I would take my baby on would be ok to ride. Hope that helps, have a great trip!

I went at 4.5 months. Skipped splash and the coasters and test track. Some say to skip soarin' if you have morning sickness (if scents get to you), I rode it with no problem. Check the signs before the rides if you are unsure. They should have warnings if it is unsafe for moms to be. Most of all, remember to take breaks and keep hydrated, and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter