Rides that test your tolerance

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
We are WDW vets going back to the 70s with dozens of trips under our belts.

Was just reading a thread about getting wet on Kali River Rapids and it made me think--I just don't wanna deal with that anymore. It's fun, we've done it quite a few times, but getting soaked just isn't all that novel. I do it every morning in the shower.:confused3 It may be old age, but whatever the case , we've probably experienced that attraction for the last time.

Anybody else just "over" a particular attraction? Doesn't mean you hate it or wouldn't recommend it to others, just that you've had enough?:earsboy:

Finding Nemo. It is just poorly designed. The sound needs to be in the clamshells like the Haunted Mansion buggies. It's just all over the place and a waste of a potentially cute attraction.

The tomorrowland speedway. I pretty much hate go-karts, so its nothing that appeals to me. Although, I do have a little boy, so I may be re-discovering the ride in the future.

It would have to be Dinosaur. Just not in to all the bumps and grinds and the severe beating we seem to get in the ride vehicles.

But the ride that I really have no tolerance for, the one that really gets me mad, that is just the worst ride to wait for, and if I have a choice will never ride again....

The bus from SSR to any park.:headache::crazy:

For me it would be the Finding Nemo the Musical (what?!) at AK, and Fanstasmic! (what, what?!?!) I'm glad I've seen them both- perfectly fine shows-, but I just don't see taking time out of the schedule to see either again. Now if Fantasmic! ran more often, thus not requiring the hour plus wait to ensure you'd see it, I'd be more inclined to return to see it.

Thanks for the replies:) I agree with Dinosaur. It's a pretty cool ride with good effects and theming. I''d recommend it to anyone who doesn't have back problems or fear of loud sounds. For me, it's a been there, done that. The jjostling around just isn't all that appealing to me now. :earsboy:

Tomorrow Land Speedway- since ds has been bigger I am so, so glad we are over that one.

Kali River Rapids-we went years before riding it. Finally we did it and by the end we looked at each other not believing that was it. Once was enough to know it's not worth any line in any heat-we would sooner buy a bottle of water and dump it on each other.

Pixie I'm with you on the wait for Fantasmic. I don't want to wait more than 20 minutes or so for anything at WDW, so I can't see waiting for any length of time for this show,.

I've seen Fantasmic several times, it's really good. If you haven't seen it, make an effort to get there. It's a good of example of tolerance testing: As good as it is, the experience may be a trial some are not up to.:earsboy:

Snow your water bottle comparison made me LOL. The speedway isn't so terrible for me. Sure it's pointless, but I haven't waited too long for it and I'm none the worse for wear at the end of the ride. :earsboy:

I HATE Tower of Terror....

I made my daughter come with me on Carousel of Progress because I didn't know what it was...she was real mad at me after.

The funniest (to me) is how my mom really really wanted to go on the Great Movie Ride because she heard it was so good.....the no wait time should have been our first clue to the "greatness" of the ride. To this day we still make fun of her and say she's not allowed to pick what we do...

Stitch. Rode it once and that was enough for me. Even my 7 year old says the same thing...

My family complained so long after The Country Bear Jamboree that I think we're done with that one. I needed to see it once. And now I have.

We didn't do Tower of Terror on our last trip. We didn't even try, even though we've all done it before. Apparently none of us was in the mood to be dropped repeatedly and terrifyingly. I guess we're getting soft:rotfl:

Expedition Everest. It eats up so much time with the running for the FP, or waiting, or actually riding. I'd rather spend the time walking the animal trails. Sounds so lame, but oh well....

lol, awesome topic :)

MK: Stitch. hate it hate it hate it. PA-LEASE Imagineers... use those
amazingly large and creative brains to come up with something to
replace this!

AK: Primevil Whirl. I can't explain it but was more terrified on this than
anything else! Four of us packed in like sardines, my top half hurt from the
bar coming down and being in the most awkward place, the twirling as I see a drop and
going down backwards. made me
very anxious. On top of the fact that two people have died concerning
this ride just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

HS: Lights Motor Action: Seen it a million times. first time was great and
would recommend it to anyone. But having a husband and brothers who
need to go everytime... ugh. We always get there later, so we have to
climb to the top for a crappy view (not to mention I'm out of breath).

EPCOT: Maelstrom. thats a whole lotta nothing.

Wow - this is my list, LOL.

Primevil Hurl is at the very tip-top though. To me the ride is pointless and it makes my neck hurt. :headache:

lol, awesome topic :)

MK: Stitch. hate it hate it hate it. PA-LEASE Imagineers... use those
amazingly large and creative brains to come up with something to
replace this!

AK: Primevil Whirl. I can't explain it but was more terrified on this than
anything else! Four of us packed in like sardines, my top half hurt from the
bar coming down and being in the most awkward place, the twirling as I see a drop and
going down backwards. made me
very anxious. On top of the fact that two people have died concerning
this ride just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

HS: Lights Motor Action: Seen it a million times. first time was great and
would recommend it to anyone. But having a husband and brothers who
need to go everytime... ugh. We always get there later, so we have to
climb to the top for a crappy view (not to mention I'm out of breath).

EPCOT: Maelstrom. thats a whole lotta nothing.

it's a small world. Each trip with my parents or grandparents, when we first walked into Magic Kingdom, it was always the first ride for my mom/grandma. Never again.

Stitch and Primevil Whirl for sure...
Not a ride, but the Narnia thing in DHS is just lame.
I did like seeing the props and costumes, but something else could be done with this space.

Stitch... we walk past, see a 0 minute wait time and say to each other... NO WAY! and walk on by! We hadn't ridden the Speedway in years, but last year we saw 5 minute wait, so we hopped on. It was OK, not special, but IMHO anything (other than Stitch) with no wait is OK with me.

Sadly, I have crossed Space MT off my list. Love the ride, but in November when I rode it, I swear I could feel my spine cracking! No other coaster does that to me. Guess I'm getting old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter