Rides Shut Down Due to Heat?

gaucho2000

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who is at DLR today and posted that many rides are shut down due to the heat. He says it's 92 there today. I've been there when it was 115 and everything was operational. I'm assuming he doesn't know what he is talking about so I thought I would ask the Dis experts. Anyone know?

I have a friend who is at DLR today and posted that many rides are shut down due to the heat. He says it's 92 there today. I've been there when it was 115 and everything was operational. I'm assuming he doesn't know what he is talking about so I thought I would ask the Dis experts. Anyone know?

Hmm. According to mouse wait the only one in DL that is closed that isn't a current refurb is Autopia. In DCA, only ride closed is Goofy's Sky School.

We were in DL exactly one year ago next week and it was 108° on Main St. All rides were open. Nothing closed from heat. Your friend might be pulling your leg a bit...

Someone on mousewait reported that almost all DCA rides went down earlier this afternoon due to a power surge.

In April of 2008, My wife and I were there during a 116 degree day and nothing was closed that day.

A few rides go down in the rain but I have never heard of them going down specifically for the heat.

We were there last year during that heat wave, it was really humid as well. I thought I was going to die! But I don't remember any rides being down because of it.

We were there earlier today, I did not notice any ride closures. We did leave at 1:30, when it hit 99, way too hot and miserable for us so we called it a day.

The street cars on Main Street go down due to heat (because of the horses). But that's all. Other than that, rides go down randomly for various reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter