Rides or shows for a 21month old?

meloneyb21

DIS Veteran
I'm going for the first time in April. My DD will be 21 months at that time. Which rides or shows do you think she would enjoy?

My children, 2.5yo and 15 mths, loved MK. They loved Winnie the Pooh ride, the Teacups, Dumbo, Magic Carpets, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, and the boat rides. They played for hours on the Pooh playground/sprayground across from the Pooh ride.

Hope this helps. :)

My kids also liked Beauty and the Beast show at that age, plus Mickey's Philarmagic and Muppets 3-D, although they wouldn't keep the glasses on. DON'T go to the 3D shows at AK and Epcot though. At Epcot, they liked Spaceship Earth, the ride in Norway, Journey into the Imagination with Figment, and the World Showcase coloring stations. Other good play areas are in Toontown and Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground in MGM. There's also a fun little play area under the bridge between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mtn. RR if you happen to be waiting for someone on those rides.

swilphil said:
My kids also liked Beauty and the Beast show at that age, plus Mickey's Philarmagic and Muppets 3-D, although they wouldn't keep the glasses on. DON'T go to the 3D shows at AK and Epcot though. At Epcot, they liked Spaceship Earth, the ride in Norway, Journey into the Imagination with Figment, and the World Showcase coloring stations. Other good play areas are in Toontown and Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground in MGM. There's also a fun little play area under the bridge between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mtn. RR if you happen to be waiting for someone on those rides.

There is also a great play area in Mission Space in Epcot, just go in through the gift shop. Also if your child likes to color, they may enjoy making the "kidcot" things--at Test Track, The Land, etc. aslo they may enjoy the Living Seas (if it is open), my kids always loved aquariums. :goodvibes

absolutely loved Mickey's Philharmagic and Winnie the Pooh. He also loved Buzz, we took him on twice in a row! And the SpectroMagic Parade is a must, my son was absolutely mesmerized(sp?) the butterfly came over to him and gave him a kiss, it was the best moment of the trip! We are taking him back in the spring to do it all over again! I hope you have a magical time!!

We took our 18 month old and she LOVED Playhouse Disney Show, Spaceship Earth (she still asks to ride "Big Ball"), and Small World (3 times! We love our child). She really enjoyed everything we went on-as long as she was well-rested. She freaked on WInnie the Pooh the first time but she was overdue for a nap. We rode again the next day and she was fine. I think at this age they are pretty flexible and don't have a lot of the fears they will get soon. Good luck We had a great time and can't wait to go back for DD's 2nd b-day

Thanks for the advice - I have been looking for ride ideas too! Anyone have some definite Don'ts? I hear that the Snow White ride is way too scary, anything else?

Meloneyb21- what are your travel dates? We are taking our first trip April 23-29 with DD3 and DS 21 months! Maybe we'll see you there!

sara74 said:
I hear that the Snow White ride is way too scary, anything else?

!

We took DD on Snow WHite and she was fine but she had seen Snow White (the movie) a few and we kept saying how "silly" it was. I didn't mention it before but she HATED all the characters-at least as first. If we had time to let her spend relaxed time around-she was ok but still not great. She loves the princesses but at CRT, she wanted nothing to do with them. Of course, as we lest she was yelling down the stairs "Bye Rella, Bye Poppins".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter