Magic Carpets of Alladdin
Enchanted Tiki Room
Mark Twain Riverboat
Country Bear Jamboree

Epcot:
World Showcase :rolleyes1

Animal Kingdom:
TriceraTop Spin
Rafiki's Planet Watch (and the train ride that leads there)

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
Sounds Dangerous
Backlot Tour
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Since there are a variety of rides that I would only recommend skipping with various qualifiers (long line, done it before, time in the day), I'm limiting this to the things that I would recommend skipping no matter what.

Magic Kingdom:
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Stitch's Great Escape
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Speedway

EPCOT:
Any of the world showcase movies, particularly Circlevision

Animal Kingdom:
Primeval Whirl
TriceraTop Spin

The only thing I have ever really disliked is Stitch. And I REALLY didn't like it. That doesn't mean you won't though, like the others said it's personal.

It is SO personal - it's hard to say - for example Primevil Whirl seems to be SO hated even by guidebooks. Well we avoided it our first two trips but then on our third, me and my middle dd rode it and it is hands down our favorite ride in Animal Kingdom! We ride it as much as we can, on our Jan trip they let us ride it three times without getting off (we got there at rope drop) and we could have continued but we were getting dizzy :rotfl:

I wouldn't ever skip Ellen's Energy Adventure. However I am an Ellen fan and we like dinosaurs. It's a great place to rest late in the afternoon when you've had enough of walking and want to get out of the heat for a while.

Otherwise, I agree that it's best to try things for yourself. Some people even like the Stitch attraction so you never know.

I say try them all, but these are the ones I'll skip:

- Hall of Presidents
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Sounds Dangerous
- AI experience (I've never gone, have no desire to either)

Nothing at WDW should be put on a 'must skip' list IMO. Well, except Journey Into Narnia... And really JIN is worth checking out to experience so you can wonder 1st hand how the heck that became a WDW attraction.

If you have limited time, than yes you might want to skip some things but it's tough for somebody else to say what you are going to like/dislike.

I really liked some things I know others hate and didn't care for a few attractions that I know others have at the top of their list. For example Hall of Presidents was just awesome for me and I would have been fine sitting through it a 2nd time in one day. PotC was a snooze and I wouldn't have wasted my time with a 2nd go round, but that said I would never say PotC should be skipped and will certainly do it again my next trip.

Journey Into Narnia...

I want to second this! It's just a bunch of clips from the movie and then you get to be in a museum of props. Unless you're really into the movies, or want to get out of the heat for a little bit, I don't see a reason to do it.

I think the previous posters are right about not skipping based on what others tell you. On the other hand, I can understand you wanting some opinions because I've been to Disney around 20 times in my lifetime and I have never, ever been able to do EVERYTHING. I don't think it would even be possible to do everything in one trip! Take your time, enjoy yourself, and ride everything that you can! :thumbsup2

The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse can be a treat at night...just be safe...it's dark and there are a lot of steps, but the views are amazing.

If it is still there, I say to skip the Drew Cary sounds dangerous in DHS. It was a total waste of time. You sit in a dark room and listen to sounds being played in various parts of the room. Not good!

I heard other sounds the last time we were there...... my DH snoring.:rotfl: We only went in to get out of the heat.

I wouldn't want to advise anyone to skp anything. I wouldn't listen to anyone else's opinion either if I were you. Why would you skp Soarin?

While we were on the people mover, DS5 kept yelling at people in line for Stitch not to go on that ride- it's boring. But when you think of it as an attaction- not a ride- it's kind of cute. Besides, how do I know you don't have an obsession with chili dog burps? If so, you have to go on Stitch!

I would be a lot more comfortable telling someone what I think is not to miss. So I'm not going to tell you to skip anything.

Nothing at WDW should be put on a 'must skip' list IMO. Well, except Journey Into Narnia... And really JIN is worth checking out to experience so you can wonder 1st hand how the heck that became a WDW attraction.

If you have limited time, than yes you might want to skip some things but it's tough for somebody else to say what you are going to like/dislike.

I really liked some things I know others hate and didn't care for a few attractions that I know others have at the top of their list. For example Hall of Presidents was just awesome for me and I would have been fine sitting through it a 2nd time in one day. PotC was a snooze and I wouldn't have wasted my time with a 2nd go round, but that said I would never say PotC should be skipped and will certainly do it again my next trip.

I completely agee with this. Especially the part about JIN. i'd like those minutes of my life back please:sad1:

I appreciate all of the comments, it helps to give me a generalized idea. I know everyone has different opinions and my likes may be different, but it helps me to decide what to not waste time on. (if this makes any sense lol) I did watch a video of Stitch's Great Escape and was not into it at all, so I will be skipping that one. lol I feel I can try these other rides on another trip if possible. My nieces want to do the 'headliner rides' so I must do those with them, as I want to do them also. :goodvibes

Thanks for the well wishes as we leave tomorrow morning! :dance3:

Country Bear Jamboree--good for a nap

Hall of Presidents- I appreciate it more for my ds who is studying presidents and we used to use it for a cool place to nap before dh and I had ds

Tom sawyer - just the trip there is a nightmare

Country Bear Jamboree--good for a nap

Hall of Presidents- I appreciate it more for my ds who is studying presidents and we used to use it for a cool place to nap before dh and I had ds

Tom sawyer - just the trip there is a nightmare

lol for the places to nap. My neice has already told me she wants to go to Tom Sawyer so I will try it with her. I'm hoping they don't want to do the Country Bear Jamboree. lol

I would like opinions on rides and shows that you feel aren't worth it. This will be my 1st time in Disney next week since 1995 and was wondering on what rides to 'pass on'. :idea:

a question for you. how long are you going for and will you be staying on property?

I would like opinions on rides and shows that you feel aren't worth it. This will be my 1st time in Disney next week since 1995 and was wondering on what rides to 'pass on'. :idea:

I suggest picking up The Unofficial Guide to WDW, this guidebook has ratings of rides based on age groups.

We skip: stitch, sounds dangerous, the back lot tour (this use to be so much better :( ), the bird room, Snow White... I can't think of any others right now.

lol for the places to nap. My neice has already told me she wants to go to Tom Sawyer so I will try it with her. I'm hoping they don't want to do the Country Bear Jamboree. lol
The caves are really cool and some kids love the fort. My son always liked the island.

Have a great trip!

We have quite a few things we didn't like and will never do again, but plenty of people love those same things.

Make a list of things you know you MUST do, do them then try everything else. Decide what YOU like and if you have time, do them again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter