Rides for Someone Afraid of Fast Speeds & Big Drops

On Forbidden Journey when you are on your back, is it only for a short time? I get vertigo when I lay on my back so now sleeping on my back is out and I can't do any floor exercises on my back for work outs. I just developed vertigo the last couple of years so have not been to Disney to check out if Spaceship Earth will bother me (hope not) and I have not been on Everest yet. Maybe I could take meclizine before such rides , that helps when I get dizzy.

Being flat on my back gives me vertigo, and I was fine on FJ. You're on your back for a very short time. My husband, who has trouble with simulators like Simpsons, did feel sick after. I think it's more the screens than the movement. My daughter found the FJ screens a little too much, and she loved Spiderman.

Can anyone tell me which of the Harry Potter rides is the one that has a snake appear? My friend warned me about it, but has totally forgotten about us having the conversation, and now can't remember! I am extremely phobic of snakes, so would like to avoid that ride. Can't look on you tube as can't even look at pictures of them! Thanks :)

Can anyone tell me which of the Harry Potter rides is the one that has a snake appear? My friend warned me about it, but has totally forgotten about us having the conversation, and now can't remember! I am extremely phobic of snakes, so would like to avoid that ride. Can't look on you tube as can't even look at pictures of them! Thanks :)

After watching some of the ride-preview videos, I saw a snake in the Escape from Gringott's ride video.

Like others have said, for the most part, Spiderman only appears to go fast and go down drops. The track itself is perfectly level and the cars themselves are probable a little quicker than TSMM. Back in 1999 Universal did a travel show that played on USA network on the Making of IOA. Here's the segment on Spiderman (if you want to avoid spoilers 1:00 - 1:30 and 3:20 - 4:20 shows the cars in motion)

This is great and THANK YOU!

Great, thanks. Will avoid that ride then!

Now just have to hope I dont see any real life snakes during our time in Florida. I dont react well and the thought terrifies me.
After watching some of the ride-preview videos, I saw a snake in the Escape from Gringott's ride video.

Great, thanks. Will avoid that ride then!

Now just have to hope I dont see any real life snakes during our time in Florida. I dont react well and the thought terrifies me.

There is only one snake part on Gringotts and its really low on the screen. Sometimes depending on row you really have to look for it. So I would not let this one quick part keep you away from this ride.

There is only one snake part on Gringotts and its really low on the screen. Sometimes depending on row you really have to look for it. So I would not let this one quick part keep you away from this ride.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I can't look at them on the screen, or even pictures of them. I am liable to start screaming, crying and hyperventilating, and cannot control my reaction at all. Wish I could, its horrible! Unless someone can tell me exactly what comes up beforehand so I can close my eyes in preparation, its probably best I just don't go on the ride. I know I sound like a lunatic, I think unless you have a true phobia it can be quite difficult to understand peoples reactions, its way beyond just a dislike of something!

I actually find the thought of being in Florida quite scary, but am determined not to let the possibility of seeing a real life snake put me off. When I read stories about people seeing them on footpaths near hotels, or in parks, or in their villa pools, it does put me off though. :(

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I can't look at them on the screen, or even pictures of them. I am liable to start screaming, crying and hyperventilating, and cannot control my reaction at all. Wish I could, its horrible! Unless someone can tell me exactly what comes up beforehand so I can close my eyes in preparation, its probably best I just don't go on the ride. I know I sound like a lunatic, I think unless you have a true phobia it can be quite difficult to understand peoples reactions, its way beyond just a dislike of something!

I actually find the thought of being in Florida quite scary, but am determined not to let the possibility of seeing a real life snake put me off. When I read stories about people seeing them on footpaths near hotels, or in parks, or in their villa pools, it does put me off though. :(

My father has the same phobia, and I felt bad for you, so I went and watched a complete ride through. The snake comes on screen right after the dragon appears, and the banker points left. It's just shy of 3 minutes into the ride.

Just wanted to take a moment to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has been really helpful on this thread. :thanks:
The amount of detail you provided is awesome!

All of you rock! :rockband:

My father has the same phobia, and I felt bad for you, so I went and watched a complete ride through. The snake comes on screen right after the dragon appears, and the banker points left. It's just shy of 3 minutes into the ride.

Oh bless you, thats so kind, thank you very much! If I know when its coming so can prepare myself and close my eyes that would be perfect. Seriously, that was a really kind thing to do.

DH and the rest of our traveling party want to go to Universal for the day while we're visiting WDW and while I'm excited about going too, I'm also pretty scared because the rides there seem more intense. At WDW, I love Star Tours and Dinosaur, but was really shaken up coming off of Test Track and Big Thunder Mountain (yes, I'm a wimp :().

I checked out some online reviews of the Harry Potter rides, Spider Man, Transformers, etc., and know those are the 4-D rides, but do those go at super speeds along their tracks and/or do any of them have big drops? Any help is very much appreciated!

If you liked Dinosaur then I think Spiderman and Transformers should be fine. There is one spot in Spiderman where you get spun in circles for about 5 seconds but it isn't that dissimiliar in intensity. If you had issues with TEst Track and BTM then stay away from the coasters like Hulk, the old Dueling Dragons and Rip It Roller Coaster. I view the Mummy ride as being somewhat like Space MOuntain. the Harry Potter rides are a bit on the tense side for motion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter