Rides for baby!

wideeyes

<font color=purple>Won't use fake tan, wants to st
Need peoples experience on this one! My daughter is asking and I am not sure!
What rides would a 6 month old be able to go on? I am thinking POTC is not safe?

Thanks!:)

Hi we went with DD when she was just 6 months old read my Trip Report for everything we got up to!

Can't wait to be walking down the middle of main street USA

We went on

Its a small world
Peter Pan
Pinocchio
The storybook boat ride
Pirates of the Caribbean

We also could of done Phantom Manor and Snow White but they were both closed!

You will be srprised I thought we would have loads of spare time and be a bit bored but we didnt get to do everything we wanted!

Have a look here for a full list of ride restrictions.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/advice/ride-restrictions/

Even on some of the rides which have no restrictions listed such as Peter Pan/ Snow White/ Buzz children need to sit on the seat, not on a lap. Also on the carousel I was not allowed to ride on the same horse as my daughter.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I will definitely have a read through your trip report.

Peter pan was one my daughter mentioned about that she wanted to take the baby on as she said it was the most magical ride at DLP, so hopefully we can all go on that one.

You can fit 3 in a row on Peter Pan so hopefully you will be able to wedge baby between you on the seat:goodvibes

We had no problem on Peter Pan. Elsie sat on my lap! She was standing most of it though!

We were told no to Buzz Light year as they could spin out the side :? I know they have to be careful but do they really thing that we would spin it so much that it would put our DD at risk

I think there is a fair bit - it's what you feel comfortable with really (and what they say is safe). My DD2 was almost 6 months when we we went the first time and to be fair she did very little - poor thing looking back now!

Having said that, we went on IASW quite a few times and Peter Pan as well. Think that was it - she was quite happy looking around at everything from her pushchair - she loved the character meals as she got to meet the characters up close - in partic Cafe Mickey :goodvibes. I have fab memories of her pulling Pluto's whiskers and Mickey vibrating his nose up close to her which she giggled at :lovestruc.

I was lucky though, as we had my parents with us and Mum isn't a great ride goer - she prefers to watch the bags & belongings - she calls herself 'coat monitor' :lmao:. So she was in her element playing with/walking about with DD2 while we took DD1 on all the kiddies stuff and we even managed a few adult rides for myself and DH :thumbsup2.

If you do want to do any adult rides you can always try and use baby switch so you don't queue twice - we never did but I believe there have been varying degrees of success with it on some rides :rolleyes1 Some CMs tend to 'forget' it exists and then don't know what you are asking when you mention it :rolleyes:

but do they really thing that we would spin it so much that it would put our DD at risk

it's not about you, it's about everyone in general.
You have to deal with some pretty weird people out there. So why take the chance ? That's nothing personal as you may have guessed :)

Also on the carousel I was not allowed to ride on the same horse as my daughter.

Usually you'll be allowed to ride standing next to your kid's horsey (watch for the moving parts, and it all depends on the CMs' good will). But for very young children like 6 months olds you'd probably prefer riding one of those sleighs, even though there are only a very limited number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter