Rides can you ride multiple times without getting off?

ArthurFiggis

Mouseketeer
So, I'm laying in bed last night thinking about my Disney trip (what else? ;) ) And I was specifically thinking about rides I really wanted to do more than once, like my favorite WEDway People Mover. (I know they don't call it that anymore, but that's my personal issue. :laughing:) When the parks aren't busy, I've kept going on the ride for another loop a couple of times.

Does anyone know if there are other rides that you can do this on? Like Spaceship Earth or Haunted Mansion? :scratchin Or did I just get lucky and find a CM that let me get away with it on TTA? :confused3

It's happened to me before on Splash when MK stays open for an hour or 2 after Wishes. We walked straight on the ride and the CM's told us we had our pick of which log and what seat. They were sending down lots of empty logs that night...makes for some creepy-looking pictures at the end! We chose not to stay on the ride a second time because we were about to go home and didn't want to get any more wet than we were.

Basically, if you're on a ride during a time with extremely low crowd levels/no lines, it's worth asking the CM if you can stay on again. The worst he/she can say is no, and it won't take very long to walk through the queue again :)

Depends on the CM who is manning the unloading area. Sometimes they'll let you stay on (WWPM) and sometimes they make you get off. The only other one we've been allowed to ride twice without getting off is the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico at Epcot.

We have often ridden rides (when the parks are really empty) where we get off, go around to the entrance, and immediately board for another go around. But I must admit that it usually doesn't even occur to us to ask NOT to get off! :)

My dad and I were invited to ride HM again during late August. It was pouring outside, and CMs were inviting people back into the stretching room if they did not want to go in the rain.

We rode Primeval Whirl twice in a row a couple of weeks ago- they offered us a third ride, but I had enjoyed my breakfast that morning and wanted to keep it where it was. ;)

There is never any ride for which this is always true. Even if there are no other guests on the ride, it's going to be up to the CM whether they'll let you go around again or not.

Be careful interviewing that German dude with the really long name.

We've done this on Kali River Rapids when it was really slow in January - we rode it 6 times (only had to actually get off once).

We've done this on Kali River Rapids when it was really slow in January - we rode it 6 times (only had to actually get off once).

Same here. We went on the day after Christmas one day. It was cold and rainy and we stayed on Kali maybe 5 times in a row. Basically until we were too cold to continue. One of my favorite Disney memories because it was my parents that wanted to stay on!

We were able to do this in August during EMH on BTMRR. It was pouring rain and there was no line. The CMs said as long as we stayed seated, they'd let us go as often as we wanted. We made it 4 (might have been 5) times. We had to get off or risk losing our dinner. :rotfl: But several people stayed on and went again.

There is never any ride for which this is always true. Even if there are no other guests on the ride, it's going to be up to the CM whether they'll let you go around again or not.

Be careful interviewing that German dude with the really long name.

Yeah, I asked at the Haunted Mansion once when it wasn't busy, and they said no. No big deal - never hurts to ask!

Yeah, I asked at the Haunted Mansion once when it wasn't busy, and they said no. No big deal - never hurts to ask!

That doesn't surprise me at all, owing to the separate load/unload areas. I wouldn't expect it ever at certain other attractions either, such as PotC.

I can remember doing this on Kali 3x one early morning, and maybe 3x or 4x at splash on a late EMH night. I also seem to remember doing this at BTMRR too late at night. If this is a goal for your trip, late night EMH is probably your best bet!

If you get on and off at different spots, it is unlikely a cm will let you. Most rides that load/unload together will have no problem if no one is waiting for your spot.

We had a sleeping baby in arms and the CM wouldn't let us stay on TTA, so it's definitely up to their descretion.

linzbear said:
We had a sleeping baby in arms and the CM wouldn't let us stay on TTA, so it's definitely up to their descretion.

Was this when there was no line? Then that is wierd. But If there was the usual 1 hr wait i can see why they make everyone get off..babies sleep all the time time at WDW.
We rode soarin 3x without having to get in line. There was no real line. The line at that time filled only the first row or two. We just had to move to the last row.

If you get on and off at different spots, it is unlikely a cm will let you. Most rides that load/unload together will have no problem if no one is waiting for your spot.

DH and I were just talking about this the other day, and after remembering which rides we had been allowed to do it on, came to that conclusion as well. I guess on the ones with separate load/unload areas it would be too hard for the CM to tell for sure if anyone was waiting, plus there might be safety concerns about having guests riding in the car in an area that wasn't meant for them.

When I worked in attractions, there were some attractions (Snow White comes to mind) that we couldn't let anyone stay on, due to the restraints not locking between unload and load, but with others (such as the Barnstormer) where we would generally let people re-ride if there was enough space for everyone currently on-board to re-ride.

Example: Barnstormer has 8 rows. If there were 4 rows loaded and 4 rows waiting, we would let folks re-ride if they wanted. But if there were 6 rows loaded, and 3 rows waiting, we would make everyone get off and go through the line again, even if there was nobody waiting for their specific row. That way, it's fair to everyone, not just the "lucky few" that were in the rows that didn't have someone waiting.

We've been able to stay on Barnstormer when there was no line, GMR with no line, teacups (several times late in the day when the lines were short)' and once on Test Track because it had stopped for a few seconds when we were on the outside part.

We were able to in August the morning Isaac was really nailing the area so there was no wait for anything in AK. We were on Kilimanjaro safari (handicapped loading area) and when we got off asked if there was a quicker way around to get back on. There was no one else waiting there so they just let us get right back on. We waited for a few minutes to see if others would come along. While we were waiting they trained a cm on how to properly load a wheelchair. After that was done we were on or way, just me and my son on our own personal safari!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter