Rider/baby swap???

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Hi fellow DISers! I am going to DL this January 2013 with my family for the first time since fall of 2008 and need help/advice on using babyswap.
The cast will be me, DH, my parents(grandma & grandpa) along with my 5 kids ages 10, 7, 5, 3 & 1.
My ?'s are: Can you get more than one babyswap pass since our group is so big & potentially will have at least 2 kiddos that can't ride ie RSR ride?
Also, like in RSR should we get FP's for everyone in our group or only some?
I need a step by step guide as I have never used babyswap before! Sorry for such a long post. :)
I can use all the help/advice I can get! TIA

I don't know about getting more than one baby swap pass because technically, it only takes one adult to stay with the two children that are too small. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. My group is similar to yours, me and DH, grandma and grandpa and DS7, DS5 and DD3.

To get baby swap, you all go to the entry of the line. They will ask you who is staying with the child (in my case, it was always me!) and then some rides will give you the pass then, others will require the rest of the group to go through the line and they will bring the pass back to you when they exit. The pass allows you and one other person to ride through the FP line. Some rides are very strict (RSR!) on this and others don't care as much (I had 4 people go through ST with me once).

We always got the kids FPs for rides they couldn't go on because it meant we could ride one more time! But, really that's up to you. If you don't get them for the kids, you can use their tickets for something else - say only two people want to go on CA Screamin', you can use the kids tickets to get FP for that at the same time as you get enough FP for your RSR group without having to wait until your time window opens again. The biggest problem with this is that you have to keep track of which tickets you've used for which FPs and it gets really complicated!

Definitely get FPs for kids if they can't ride. The swaps are only good for 2 people so having 2 extra FPs means at least 4 can ride the second time through.

Definitely get FPs for kids if they can't ride. The swaps are only good for 2 people so having 2 extra FPs means at least 4 can ride the second time through.

If they are "babies" then they don't have tickets and therefore cannot get FPs... We just always had one child with one parent waiting so I assume you could have one parent with all the kids that can't ride and the other with the parent who is riding.

I don't know about getting more than one baby swap pass

To get baby swap, you all go to the entry of the line. They will ask you who is staying with the child (in my case, it was always me!) and then some rides will give you the pass then, others will require the rest of the group to go through the line and they will bring the pass back to you when they exit. The pass allows you and one other person to ride through the FP line. Some rides are very strict (RSR!) on this and others don't care as much (I had 4 people go through ST with me once).!

it's easy to get more then one, go up in two groups

Can anyone confirm at dl you get a rider swap for to?
At wdw it's four

How does it work if you get he rider swap tix at the front of the line?
How do hey know you actually have someone outside who needs a rider swap?

it's easy to get more then one, go up in two groups

Can anyone confirm at dl you get a rider swap for to?
At wdw it's four

How does it work if you get he rider swap tix at the front of the line?
How do hey know you actually have someone outside who needs a rider swap?

Yes, it is two. I was limited at both RSR and Soarin' to one other person with me.

At Soarin' (and this is the first time I've ever seen this), they asked who is staying behind and confirmed that I had a little one with me. They then logged something in the computer and the rest of the group took this tag through the line. When they got to the bottom of the ramp before the line split, they turned in the tag for the actual pass. Not really sure why they did it that way. It took more time and didn't seem to really have any advantages.

My sister will have her baby with her this trip. Trying to understand how this works because I never had to pay attention before. If the group all gets FPs, then can you use the baby swap pass with the FP line? Or how does it work with FPs? Do the baby swap riders need the FPs also?

My sister will have her baby with her this trip. Trying to understand how this works because I never had to pay attention before. If the group all gets FPs, then can you use the baby swap pass with the FP line? Or how does it work with FPs? Do the baby swap riders need the FPs also?

This is actually one of the best ways to use baby swap! I didn't do it this time, but I have in the past... everyone gets a FP (including the child if he/she is old enough to be ticketed). You go to the FP line and get a baby swap pass. The group goes through with half the FPs. Then, when you go back, two of you use the baby swap pass (no FP needed) and the others (minus the one staying with the little one) use the remaining FPs. That way a good portion of the group gets to go on twice (helpful when you have older kids).

lisachrystine said:
This is actually one of the best ways to use baby swap! I didn't do it this time, but I have in the past... everyone gets a FP (including the child if he/she is old enough to be ticketed). You go to the FP line and get a baby swap pass. The group goes through with half the FPs. Then, when you go back, two of you use the baby swap pass (no FP needed) and the others (minus the one staying with the little one) use the remaining FPs. That way a good portion of the group gets to go on twice (helpful when you have older kids).

Just to clearup my confused brain... Can someone the use of FP with baby swap? We have 2 adults 1 child and a baby. So for RR can we get 2 FP then ask for a baby swap pass? Will we be able to pull a different FP and ask for a swap for that ride too (using only 1 FP?)

Ok, thank you. That will be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter