ridemax with disabilities

mommyandmore

Earning My Ears
I am taking my son and nephew to DL in June (11th-13th). My nephew is in a wheelchair- I can transfer him out for rides. He and my son LOVE the rides so I was thinking about trying Ridemax so we could fit more in. But will it work for someone in a wheelchair? When we went with his family before I remember them waiting in different lines for some things- like POC it seems like they waited forever for that one and I think they were at the exit. And I don't know if fastpass would apply to his lines or not? Plus certain things take longer with him- bathroom breaks, eating and even just walking from one place to another in crowds can take longer. Anyways, has anyone tried using Ridemax when they had a member of the party in a wheelchair? Or does anyone just want to guess who has used Ridemax before?
Thanks!

Ridemax will work, but you might want to add in more breaks for the stops that will take longer like you said. POTC line is bad when waiting for wheelchair access, ive seen and heard about all the stories of waiting 30-45 minutes. Also it might not be the other lines that take so long it is most likely the times that you are trying the rides that is the bad choice.

I would email Mark at Ridemax customer service and ask him. They have excellent customer service and would not want you to purchase the product if it isn't going to work for you.

My guess is that by going through the special handicapped ques, ridemax will not give you an accurate schedule.

I took Dangermouses suggestion and emailed the people at Ridemax. Mark wrote back this morning and basically said that some customers in wheelchairs have used the program and found it helpful in creating a general game plan but he has heard from others who did not find it helpful at all. He reminded me about the money-back guarantee and suggested that I try it and see if it is helpful. So I think I am going to give it a try.

We were just at DL/DCA and it was extremely busy but we were able to ride a number of major rides as DDs BF is disabled and uses an ECV. We were able to quickly ride on BTMRR, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, and had a short wait for POTC and Indiana Jones. I am not sure how RideMax factors in time of day, but getting to POTC and Indiana Jones earlier in the morning equals lesser wait times for wheelchair access. DD and her BF were able to ride Grizzly Run 3 consecutive times as the CMs forgot to pull over their raft into the disabled access area. The two of them thought that was such a perk!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter