Ride Vehicle Question

emilyyvic

Mouseketeer
I will be touring IOA and US October 29 but had surgery that restricts me from riding anything that has an overhead (cross chest) restraint or requires me to lay flat on my stomach to ride - but lap restraints are fine. I've only been to IOA and US once before, can someone please tell me (to the best of your knowledge) which rides in each park have overhead (cross chest) restraints or require you to lay on your stomach to ride?

Thanks in advance! :cool1:

I will be touring IOA and US October 29 but had surgery that restricts me from riding anything that has an overhead (cross chest) restraint or requires me to lay flat on my stomach to ride - but lap restraints are fine. I've only been to IOA and US once before, can someone please tell me (to the best of your knowledge) which rides in each park have overhead (cross chest) restraints or require you to lay on your stomach to ride?

Thanks in advance! :cool1:

Hi Emily :wave2:

Yes Rides - cat in the hat, transformers, despicable me, the simpsons, amazing spiderman, men in black, jurassic park, gringotts, dudley do rights, popeye, mummy, shrek, e.t.

No rides - hulk, dragon challenge, dr doom, harry potter and the forbidden journey, rip ride rocket

Emily, please be careful. And anyone, if I've got something wrong, please correct me. :goodvibes

Yes Rides - cat in the hat, transformers, despicable me, the simpsons, amazing spiderman, men in black, jurassic park, gringotts, dudley do rights, popeye, mummy, shrek, e.t.

No rides - hulk, dragon challenge, dr doom, harry potter and the forbidden journey, rip ride rocket

Emily, please be careful. And anyone, if I've got something wrong, please correct me. :goodvibes

Thank you very much Minerva Mouse! :) I will be careful, at this point it's more of a comfort thing not to have anything across my chest. :goodvibes

Rip Ride Rockit doesn't go across your chest, yay! It's a funky weird lap thing. Google the ride vehicle b/c it's odd. But it's not on your chest.

Rip Ride Rockit doesn't go across your chest, yay! It's a funky weird lap thing. Google the ride vehicle b/c it's odd. But it's not on your chest.

Thanks Bumbershoot, unfortunately I think that's the one ride in Universal I will never ride hahaha that hill just terrifies me :rotfl:

Thanks Bumbershoot, unfortunately I think that's the one ride in Universal I will never ride hahaha that hill just terrifies me :rotfl:

It's a bit scary! The rest of the ride is actually ok though; even with the climb is rather go on it than the other ginormous coasters there. But those are out for you right now anyway of course.

I think Mummy comes over your chest, like Hulk. I cant swear to it.

Jurassic Park has a lap bar but it is one for the whole row, so it stops at the largest person. If you are smaller there may be a gap between you and the bar and I have seem people hit it HARD. If you have recently had surgery I would think twice about riding.

This is my favorite ride but I have read of people cracking ribs on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter