Ride the bus or drive my car to MK?

HappyGal

DIS Veteran
Here's the deal:

We're driving from Atlanta and staying at POP the week before Easter.

One day we're going for EMH which means 7am.:eek:

Would I be better off driving to the MK or taking the bus?

We want to be there for rope drop so what time should we leave the resort?

Here's the deal:

We're driving from Atlanta and staying at POP the week before Easter.

One day we're going for EMH which means 7am.:eek:

Would I be better off driving to the MK or taking the bus?

We want to be there for rope drop so what time should we leave the resort?

If you're staying on disney property...do you have to pay to park your car at the parks?

If you are staying at a disney resort you will be given a parking pass when you check-in so you won't have to pay for parking if you drive to the parks, just put the parking pass in the window and leave it there during your trip. I would take the bus to MK since it will take you right to the side of the entrance where if you drive you will have to park in the parking lot, walk or tram to the monorail or boat which will take you to the park. The buses get you much closer without all the hassle.

What time should I leave the resort to be at 7am rope drop at MK?
If you take the Disney Transport Bus to the Magic Kingdom I would be at the Pop Century Bus station for 6:15 AM, because the Buses usually start at 6:30 AM. This way you can give yourselves time to get out there and wait.

If you drive, just be aware there are some extra steps after you park. You'll need to wait for a tram to take you from the parking lot to the TTC, and from there, you'll need to take a ferry boat or monorail to MK - MK's parking is on the opposite side of the lagoon from the park.

The resort bus will drop you off right by the park entrance, no extra transportation needed.

Which is faster? It's hard to say. It's going to depend on the waiting time for your resort bus, versus the waiting time for the parking lot tram and monorail/boat.

We have done both, and all I can say is this..when we drove to MK (I thought it would be better) It seemed longer than waiting on the bus.

We waited on the tram...(no time saved)
Once we got to the Monorail we waited in line anyway. ( no time saved there)
So I think the bus saves you time and hassel:thumbsup2

The only reason we would drive there again is if we had adr's to make that were very important as I would not want. Most of the time the buses have gotten us where we needed to go on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter