Ride/Show parts that most people miss

ccudmore

DIS Veteran
The thread going on about the person hanging from the ceiling in the stretching room of the Haunted Mansion made me start thinking about parts of rides or shows that many people miss because they're not looking around.

I tried to think of other cases like this and came up with:
- The Swedish Chef at the back of the room (in the projection booth) during the Muppetvision
- Donald getting shot into the back wall in Philharmagic.

Can anyone think of other ride/show parts that aren't obvious unless you look around?

I have a day-time/night-time example that's related...

DD6 and I went to the MNSSHP last week. We road the BTR 3 times, all late at night (no lines). I was our first time to ride this (she wasn't tall enough previously). We went back to ride it the next day, during the daylight. As we came around a corner while on the ride and I remember thinking "where did those possums swinging from the tree come from...they weren't here last night, were they?" I think it must have been too dark to have seen them.

Silly litte things in line or in the pre-show rooms, like "a net full of jello" (a play on Annette Funicello) in the Muppetvision 3D/4D movie. References most people would overlook as they just walk by without looking around.

The thread going on about the person hanging from the ceiling in the stretching room of the Haunted Mansion made me start thinking about parts of rides or shows that many people miss because they're not looking around.

- The Swedish Chef at the back of the room (in the projection booth) during the Muppetvision

Can anyone think of other ride/show parts that aren't obvious unless you look around?

Donald in the ceiling at the gift shop at the end of Philharmagic is the actual end of the show. Most people don't go in there, so never see it.

I don't think I've ever seen the Swedish Chef, but I feel like it would be tough to miss Donald. Most people look back that way automatically, and I've found that the people who don't are generally alerted by everyone else laughing and pointing.

I don't think I've ever seen the Swedish Chef, but I feel like it would be tough to miss Donald. Most people look back that way automatically, and I've found that the people who don't are generally alerted by everyone else laughing and pointing.

I do that same thing (turn around, laugh and point) when the Chef appears at Muppets, but even then, as has been said, most guests never know that there's another part of the show that's going on behind them.

Probably just about everything in the lobby and library at Twilight Zone. There's way too much there to see everything.

The movie posters on the way into It's Tough to be a But, err Bug. Even the bees singing in the holding area (I admit, I didn't even get it until my husband mentioned it).

And things don't even have to be at the attractions. Do people really "get" the rooms at Pizzafari or the carving in the seating area at Flame Tree BBQ?

I think most guests are in too much of a hurry to slow down and appreciate all the finer details. I know on my next trip, I'm taking my time and smelling the roses as much as I can. Just have to rein in the husband.......

And things don't even have to be at the attractions. Do people really "get" the rooms at Pizzafari...

Like the "Upside Down Room."

I like to head into that one and find a family to ask if they noticed that all the animals on the wall murals are upside down... except one.

Can they spot it, and why it is not upside down, too.

Probably just about everything in the lobby and library at Twilight Zone. There's way too much there to see everything.

The movie posters on the way into It's Tough to be a But, err Bug. Even the bees singing in the holding area (I admit, I didn't even get it until my husband mentioned it).

And things don't even have to be at the attractions. Do people really "get" the rooms at Pizzafari or the carving in the seating area at Flame Tree BBQ?

I think most guests are in too much of a hurry to slow down and appreciate all the finer details. I know on my next trip, I'm taking my time and smelling the roses as much as I can. Just have to rein in the husband.......

Home Room, Nocturnal Room, Upside Down Room, Camouflage Room, Four Seasons Room, Bug Room! The camoflague room is my favorite!

For me this happened on Test Track. As we were riding it for the upteeth time, and are at the part that is on the outside track, my 10 yr. old son points and says, "Wow, look at that awesome car!" Down on the pavement in the center of the track there were a bunch of GM cars arranged in a sunburst pattern. There was an orange Camaro (the awesome car:)) in the center with a bunch of other new GM cars parked around it. The cars formed this HUGE circle that made me wonder how I'd never noticed it before. A couple days later I was telling a friend of mine who works @ Test Track about how I couldn't believe I missed it all this time. He smiled and said most people miss it because they are looking straight ahead as they go around the track. I don't know if it's true that most people miss it, but hey, it made me feel better! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter