Ride recommendations for my toddlers

blebert

Mouseketeer
We leave this Friday for my girls first Disney trip, they are 3 and 4. I am looking for ride recommendations for them. They are not daredevils, and don't like being in the dark for very long, and I don't think they will like the rides where there is a drop.

Can anyone give me any ideas for them at MK, I would like to go with a list of rides for them, so I am not waiting in lines for rides that they are not going to like, since I haven't been in years, I don't know what any other the rides are.

Please help me!!!

MK
dumbo, peter pan, mickey's philharmagic, pooh ride, pooh's spot [playground] small world, carrousel, tea party, TTA, speedway, jungle cruise, aladdin's carpets, swiss family tree house, tom sawyer island, riverboat, country bear jamboree
Share a dream come true parade
Wishes
Spectromagic parade

AK
boneyard, triceratop spin, nemo show, maharajah jungle trek, flights of wonder, kilimanjaro safari, pangani forest trail, rafiki planet watch, lion king show, pocahontas show
Jammin' Jungle Parade

EP
Turtle talk, Seas with Nemo, Journey into Imagination, What if lab?
Illuminations

MGM
Beauty and the Beast; Playhouse Disney Live; Lights, Motor, Action!; Muppet Show; Indiana Jones, Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie set playground
Stars and Cars parade

JMO! But see my kids' ages below!

MK
dumbo, peter pan, mickey's philharmagic, pooh ride, pooh's spot [playground] small world, carrousel, tea party, TTA, speedway, jungle cruise, aladdin's carpets, swiss family tree house, tom sawyer island, riverboat, country bear jamboree
Share a dream come true parade
Wishes
Spectromagic parade

Beware! The ones that I put in bold are all in the dark and the girls may not like them. There is also the Railroad, It's a small world (It isn't too dark in there) and there is also Toontown Fair. The Barnstormer is a roller coaster for little ones, but it's a little scary! You never know, they may surprise you and want to do other things. there are some books out there that are Disney for Kids, by kids. You might want to get them one of those and look at it with them and have them tell you yes or no about going on. Let them decide and you not decide for them. They may think it's neat to help "plan" the trip.

Those are great ages to go to WDW. Have a great time even if it's just sitting and watching parades!princess:

My DD 3's favorite rides are Small World and The Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico. She wanted to do these over and over again. She also liked BTMR becuase it is fast and she is a dare devil but her favorites were the first two mentioned.

I agree with momof2n2. Also, the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) is really good. I did it with my little ones while my DH went on Space Mountain and they loved it. You get to "peak" at the rides in Tomorrowland and let them decide if they want to go on them. I can't remember if she mentioned it or not but Buzzlightyear is a favorite of everyone in my family from my 3 yr old to my DH.

My DD is 4 and pretty timid and loved: Mickey's Philharmagic, TTA, Tomorrowland Speedway. She won't go on the big ones: BTMRR, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain (although I don't think she is even tall enough for this one).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter