• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ride Queues

Allyk

Earning My Ears
We are going in two weeks, and was wondering what the queues for rides where like at around this time of year?

End of April beginning of May is a great time to visit Orlando. The queues are 30 mins for the major attractions, the weather is fabulous and you never really feel like the parks are at bursting point. We visited in May 2001 for 3 weeks and it was bliss. You will have a great time. The only side event that happens in May is the graduation Nights, but I doubt you will even notice.

Have a great time.
Dave

Hi ALLYK,:wave:

Just back yesterday, there was a big difference in the queues from our 1st to our 2nd week.
The waiting time the 1st week(EASTER BREAK) peaked 2hours for some rides, but on our 2nd week the longest was 1hour.

Luv Audrey:bounce:

Thank you all who have replied

Info much appreciated, as is any more experiences in the next 10 Days (is that all, doesn't it come round quick!), any way, weve got our cases downfrom the loft, got tickets for IOA/Universal (7Day offer tickets) & 10 Day world pass (again on offer for the price of 5 days) for Disney, plus we hope to fit Seaworld & Airboat rides in as well! Looks like we need to skip our flight back and stay a little longer!

AllyK :D

it's worth a trip to Epcot when you are there as that is when they have their flower and garden festival and it is quite a spectacle. It's not as you would imagine simple beds of flowers but they model all sorts of Disney figures using flowers, trees, hedges and fruits (!) and they also turn all the fountains on full blast (which is great as often lately they have been shutting down water features to conserve water).

They also put on quite spectacular acrobatic and juggling displays that tour the park (last year they had a group doing stunts standing on huge stilts).

As Dave says, May is one of the best times of the year to go with regard to weather and crowds. Last year however was a bit of an anomaly as the heat was tremendous, hitting mid to high 90s most days whereas you would normally expect high 80s at that time of year - take your sun block!

We did find last year that IOS/Universal was particularly quiet with virtually no waiting time - we strolled straight into most rides. Disney was still busy - particularly Magic Kingdom, but then I think that is always the case.

Try to go to Downtown Disney if you can fit it into your schedule. It can be found within the Disney Complex but you don't need your tickets to get into it and there are lots of things to do there and some good places to eat.

Have a wonderful time (I am envious as we cancelled our trip this month to do an extension instead :(

:D

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter