• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ride policy change for children under 7

Reddog1134

DIS Veteran
According to THEME PARK INSIDER, Disney has changed their policy for children under 7 on attractions.

Previously, they needed someone at least 14 years old to accompany them. Now they need someone at least 14 years old to ride next to them or directly behind them in the same ride vehicle.

According to THEME PARK INSIDER, Disney has changed their policy for children under 7 on attractions.

Previously, they needed someone at least 14 years old to accompany them. Now they need someone at least 14 years old to ride next to them or directly behind them in the same ride vehicle.

And this will be enforced...how?

And this will be enforced...how?

They ask the age of the children. Also we can use heights indicators as well. Most of the time if a CM suspects a child is too young to go alone they will have a short conversation with the child before asking age that way they aren't concentrating on lying if that was their intent.

Also this seems like it was the rule it is just now being reported. I know you couldn't do single rider under 7.

My son is 13 5"7 and his sister is will be 2 months from 7 in sept when we go I get sick on rides like dumbo type so he has to go with her they don't have there ages on there passes do they my son can just say he's 14

My son is 13 5"7 and his sister is will be 2 months from 7 in sept when we go I get sick on rides like dumbo type so he has to go with her they don't have there ages on there passes do they my son can just say he's 14

Not to start an argument but you are ok allowing your son to lie? Both are technically too young according to the rules and God forbid something go wrong a CM could loose their job because you told your son it is okay to lie. In the event an emergency responder had to evacuate the ride they couldn't lie to them (well the could but shouldn't).

I bet once magic+ rolls out the lying about age will be a little harder. I have nothing official bit it wouldn't be so hard since they ask for age of children when booking a room.

Not to start an argument but you are ok allowing your son to lie? Both are technically too young according to the rules and God forbid something go wrong a CM could loose their job because you told your son it is okay to lie. In the event an emergency responder had to evacuate the ride they couldn't lie to them (well the could but shouldn't).

I bet once magic+ rolls out the lying about age will be a little harder. I have nothing official bit it wouldn't be so hard since they ask for age of children when booking a room.

if the kid is 5'7 would you really question them?

if the kid is 5'7 would you really question them?

It is hard to say. I work a spiel based attraction so with all kids I ask age and if they have parents permission no matter how tall they are. Also depends on if he has a baby face or not. Lots of factors other than heights. Attitude, maturity, and physical features all go into the quick evaluation we go through.
Some CMs are thorough and will ask whenever they suspect the child is under 7 and not with their parent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter