• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ride photos and Photopass

kbeam

Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise.
Are ride photos automatically added to Photopass account if I have Magic Band?

Yes, as long as the battery in the MagicBand is still good, the long range RF will work to add the ride photos automatically. Although sometimes it does mess up, so if it's very important to you to have ride photos, for the ones that will have the ability to tap your ticket or MagicBand at the end of the ride, you might want to do that. Between my BF and I on this last trip, we had 6 rides on TT (we do single rider) and three of them showed up correct, three of them didn't...instead we got some other car. I know Test Track, Tower of Terror, and Splash Mountain still have the tap points for photos. I think Expedition Everest does too. Mine Train does not. Not sure about the others. The batteries in MagicBands are good for 2-3 years.

Yes, but it doesn't hurt to tap your MB at the photo touch point. When we rode Splash a few weeks ago, logs were backed up and our log photos didn't match up. We rode 3 consecutive times thanks to Guest Recovery FPs and the only "correct" photo that showed up in our account was the one we tapped at the touch point.

I'm not sure what was going on but each time the logs were backed up after the drop and stayed sitting next to the waterfall. We didn't care about our photos but felt sorry for the people who may have wanted their photos.

Supposedly yes, but we had issues with this on the trip we just got back from. We found for most rides we were getting the pictures from the car ahead or behind us, so once we realized this we made sure to tap the band for our picture after each ride.

Sounds like if you tap it fixes the wrong car problem? Is it obvious where to do this as you exit?

Sounds like if you tap it fixes the wrong car problem?
If you tap, you will most likely end up with two ride photos. The one that was automatically linked may or may not be the correct one.

Is it obvious where to do this as you exit?
For most rides, there is a bank of screens that display the photos. A line (or arrow) will connect the screen with the correct tap point.

The 7 Dwarfs Mine Train does not have a photo display area, so you can't manually link that photo.

Sounds like if you tap it fixes the wrong car problem? Is it obvious where to do this as you exit?
For 7DMT, our photo and video were correct.

For the other rides, just find the touch points as erionm described.

Ok there will be 6 in my party. For rides, one person per car needs to tap? Same for photographers? I want all photos linked to my account for everyone in my party.

Ok there will be 6 in my party. For rides, one person per car needs to tap? Same for photographers? I want all photos linked to my account for everyone in my party.
One person per photo needs to tap. Same with photopass - anyone linked to your MDE can have their MB scanned and the photo shows up in your MDE account.

Are ride photos automatically added to Photopass account if I have Magic Band?

They are supposed to be, but I'd touch your band to the thing just in case. We had quite a few missing during our last trip and we had multiple ppl. in our group under the same account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter