Ride Help

jnjusoioa

I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantas
Hi All, I am a DL newbie, but have been to WDW several times so know most of there rides. Some of the ones at DL that WDW doesn't have, I really want to ride and check out, however my one friend who will be traveling with me and she can't do things that go round and round, such as the teacups. Does anyone else know, do any of the other rides at DL and CA go round and round, so that I know to ride them alone. Thanks in advance.:)

The only rides that go "round and round" are:

DL:
-Mad Tea Party
-Dumbo
-Astro Orbitor
-King Arthur's Carousel
-Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (dark ride that you can control how much your car spins)

DCA:
-Flik's Flyers
-Francis' Ladybug Boogie
-Orange Stinger
-King Triton's Carousel
-Golden Zephyr

All of these, except Roger Rabbit, I do not recommend wasting your time riding. There are many more much higher quality attractions than these.

Don't let the name "Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin" deter your friend from going on the ride.

I can't tolerate the Mad Tea Party either, but I love Roger Rabbit. In addition to being able to control how much you spin, I've never found the ride as sick-making as the Teacups -- no matter how fast I turn the wheel.

Thank you for this advice, it will help. Also have another ride question, what is the difference between Space Mountain at DL?? I keep seeing it is called Rocking Space Mountain so was wondering what was different about it then the one at WDW. Thanks again.:)

Thank you for this advice, it will help. Also have another ride question, what is the difference between Space Mountain at DL?? I keep seeing it is called Rocking Space Mountain so was wondering what was different about it then the one at WDW. Thanks again.:)

Can't compare it to WDW, but... DL changed the regular SM soundtrack to a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The lighting and some images were also changed. Everything reverts back to "normal" at the end of April (29th, i think)

The lighting and some images were also changed. Everything reverts back to "normal" at the end of April (29th, i think)
April 26th. I only know that becuase its the first day of our trip and I told dh that even though we only have a partial day we MUST ride space and screamin' that day. :lmao:

Also have another ride question, what is the difference between Space Mountain at DL?? I keep seeing it is called Rocking Space Mountain so was wondering what was different about it then the one at WDW. Thanks again.:)
I just went on Rockin' Space Mountain yesterday. They added some cool "rock" graphics, a DJ voice as the ride announcer, colored spotlight effects at various parts of the track, and the song "Higher Ground" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers as the soundtrack.

Opinions on the changes vary. The main complaint I've heard is that the lighting effects intrude on the "flying through space" concept and show too much of the track. True, but I didn't find them as intrusive as some people have. I was expecting it to be much brighter than it was. (People forget that the pre-50th refurb version of Space Mountain was also brighter than the current version.)

As a die-hard Space Mountain devotee, I enjoyed experiencing the changes -- but am glad they are only there for a brief amount of time. Rockin' Space Mountain ends on April 26, after which time the ride reverts back to its normal state.

As for the differences between the regular Space Mountain and the WDW version: General opinion is that the Disneyland version is better. I will go further and say that the Disneyland version is infinitely better -- smoother, faster, darker, and altogether more exciting!

More practical differences: There is only one track at DL, as opposed to the two at WDW. And the DL rocket cars sit two across, rather than single file as at WDW. In these respects, the WDW Space Mountain is actually more akin to the Matterhorn, than it is to Space Mountain at Disneyland.

Don't miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!