• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ride capacity today?

Toy Story posted as 50 min wait, got on in less then 30 minutes. They were blasting the AC in the enclosed portion of the line. That was the most people I’ve been enclosed with in a small space since pre-COVID. You REALLY need to be ok with no masks and no social distancing if you’re coming back to the parks. They do not ask if you’re vaccinated, they do not ask you to attest to anything, no temperature checks - it’s just regular security checks again. On Grizzly River, the person next to me - not in our party - was physically pushed up against me, the entire ride, every seat full.
Thank you for this. My son is starting to reconsider going next week with no masks and no distancing.

I will say this, it’s been a completely different trip today than it has been the last 3 days. If you aren’t comfortable without masks, without distancing or in large crowds, I wouldn’t come now.

We’ve had an amazing trip, but today has been my favorite day so far.

Thanks for all the answers! I know 6 people fit in each car of the Radiator springs ride. If there are 4 of us, does that mean that three of us have to sit together in one row and then the other member or our family has to sit with two other people in the other row? or with 4 people do they allow you to go two and two and just leave the other seats open?

Thanks for all the answers! I know 6 people fit in each car of the Radiator springs ride. If there are 4 of us, does that mean that three of us have to sit together in one row and then the other member or our family has to sit with two other people in the other row? or with 4 people do they allow you to go two and two and just leave the other seats open?
Pre Covid they sat you 2 and 2 with single riders on the end in each row.

Or the single rider asks if they can sit between you. (Yes, this happened, and yes, it was awkward but funny in retrospect. We said sure since we figured the guy must have had a good reason to make a weird request. We still joke about it.)
My ex would have done something like that just to be weird. Lol

Pre Covid they sat you 2 and 2 with single riders on the end in each row.
2 of us are bigger people and a total of 3 with some mobility issues when we are a party of 4, so we politely request they do not sit single riders with us, as it causes issues all around and they always honor the request.

I will say this, it’s been a completely different trip today than it has been the last 3 days. If you aren’t comfortable without masks, without distancing or in large crowds, I wouldn’t come now.

We’ve had an amazing trip, but today has been my favorite day so far.

my family is currently discussing how we feel about going with no masks or social distancing. Two in favor one against. (All fully vaccinated)

so my question is .... have they increased ride capacity and eliminated spacing in lines without letting more people into the parks (yet)? Or are they going to increase capacity, too.

my family is currently discussing how we feel about going with no masks or social distancing. Two in favor one against. (All fully vaccinated)

so my question is .... have they increased ride capacity and eliminated spacing in lines without letting more people into the parks (yet)? Or are they going to increase capacity, too.
I think so far it's just the first part with a little bit of the second part. The capacity will gradually increase until they get back to 100%, some of that comes from opening up more restaurants and rides that had been closed since opening and continuing to bring back more CMs.

It doesn’t feel like there was increased capacity today. Chapek has said they will, but it will be slow & gradual as they bring back cast members. I would say if you can go before July 4th, you’re probably good. Bringing back the fireworks feels like a good chance for increased capacity (only my opinion).

ETA: I can’t make the decision for anybody, so this is only my personal feelings. There are enough wearing masks still that if somebody wanted to wear a mask, they wouldn’t be out of place. Being fully vaccinated and wearing a mask would make it pretty safe to come.

Last edited:
I’m personally thrilled that these restrictions are being relaxed so much but my dad is a little scared because he’s not sure his J&J will be enough (he didn’t want to get Pfizer or Moderna, but I got Pfizer). So his plan is to still wear a mask and social distance with me as his “buffer” in line (I’ll stand away from him to prevent people behind us from moving close to him) and he wants to bring a bunch of Lysol into the parks 😂. I personally think both those things are very unnecessary, but I’m willing to do it if it makes him more comfortable. But I’m not wearing a mask in July in California if I don’t have to lol.

It doesn’t feel like there was increased capacity today. Chapek has said they will, but it will be slow & gradual as they bring back cast members. I would say if you can go before July 4th, you’re probably good. Bringing back the fireworks feels like a good chance for increased capacity (only my opinion).

I selfishly hope you're at least a week off from that estimate. We arrive 7/7... :rolleyes1

I do assume some kind of night show and dropped masks will bring locals back out in droves. Out of state folk probably won't rush to toss trips together in the next few weeks but I imagine a lot of late summer/August trips may be in the works..!

I selfishly hope you're at least a week off from that estimate. We arrive 7/7... :rolleyes1

I do assume some kind of night show and dropped masks will bring locals back out in droves. Out of state folk probably won't rush to toss trips together in the next few weeks but I imagine a lot of late summer/August trips may be in the works..!
I do think reservations are gonna sell out every day, whether it’s locals or not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter