Richard Simmons anyone?.....don't laugh!!

blue_eyes5212

DIS Veteran
I own a couple of Richard Simmons DVD's and I need to start doing them again. He is so cheezy, I know, but I like how the people in the video's are not all skinny stick people!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

I used to do the Sweatin to the Oldies. But I am just not a cordinated (not that I ever was) and I tried another one of his and just couldn't do the moves.

I agree that it is nice to see people in various shapes and sizes on his workouts. Not just "workout actors"

I think anything that you can do to get moving and having fun doing it will be beneficial. Having the "real" people trying makes it something that we can all understand.

You go for it!

I have the original Sweatin to the Oldies and although it is "cheesy" you certainly get a good workout! I agree with Tiger Lily, anything to get yourself moving is great.....so get ready to sweat and enjoy.

Cheezy! What? Cheezy?

blue_eyes5212, Well, Honey if it gets you to get yourself moving it can be cheezy. You go ahead and get that DVD dusted and start going, going, going!

These are real people in these DVDs. These people are US and WE can do this! YOU can do this! Let's go!

I'm doing it with you honey.

disneychrista, I am sorry you feel it is too much coordination you need. No, don't give up. Move what you can, shake where you can, and see how you can!

Move! Move!

We will do this together!

:cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2:

I love Richard! Years ago, my friend and I would call each other every morning so we could start our Sweatin' to the Oldies tapes together. We would have so much fun and laugh about how, "Richard's talking about our inner thighs!" LOL. Anything that is fun and gets you moving couldn't be wrong! :D

Cheezy! What? Cheezy?

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Well, well Richard, long time no see! I should have known that you would show up here to endorse your products.:thumbsup2 Or maybe it is like saying Beetlejuice--someone says "cheezy" and you show up! :lmao:

Everyone keep Sweating to the Oldies or whatever you enjoy. I have some mid-80's Kathy Austin tapes that I like. The music and outfits are just hysterical, but I like the exercises and the pace and how she does it. I never can understand how she knows exactly when I am ready to give up and says "keep going, only a few more". It is like she is psychic! :rotfl:

Cheezy! What? Cheezy?

blue_eyes5212, Well, Honey if it gets you to get yourself moving it can be cheezy. You go ahead and get that DVD dusted and start going, going, going!

These are real people in these DVDs. These people are US and WE can do this! YOU can do this! Let's go!

I'm doing it with you honey.

disneychrista, I am sorry you feel it is too much coordination you need. No, don't give up. Move what you can, shake where you can, and see how you can!

Move! Move!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I love my old "Sweatin to the Oldies" tapes! Going to dust them off soon! Right now, with this great summer weather, I'm going to try doing laps around the playground while the kids play. They can see me and know where I am if there's a problem but we're all out in the fresh air getting some exercise (which they, of course, need too!). But rainy days are coming and Richard .. be ready for me! :banana:

The first tapes I ever bought were Richard's. I think he's terrific and just the fact that he helps people in hospitals is enough reason to love him.

I love the Richard Simmons tapes for the same reasons. I always feel if those people could do that I can too. My favorite tapes though are still my old Cher work out tapes. Love them!! I think I've just about killed the step tape though.

I LOVE Richard.... :love:

I dont own his tapes - I go to the library and check out dvd's or vhs tapes!! I figure if I use them more than once, maybe I'll buy them!!

I love Richard. In high school I owned his Reach album and I can sometimes still hear it in my head:rotfl: Right now I am not doing any DVD's but I own quite a few of his. I enjoy his Broadway Sweat and he has a workout with light weights that is actually pretty good. I also have some of his toning cord workouts. I feel like you get a pretty good workout with them. I also just love that he seems so sincere.

I do love you all too! It is such a wonderful feeling to know you are all here tyring to get yourselves moving to my workouts.

I know you can all do this and you ARE so special each and everyone.
:grouphug:
You keep at it and know that I am moving right with you. Get it going!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hey Richard, I've done some of your video's before. They were on video though, so I don't have them on DVD's. I used to think they were fun!!

Blue Eyes - Whatever gets you moving is a GOOD THING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter