Richard Petty Ride Along

jchristie214

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done the Richard Petty Ride along experience at Walt Disney Speedway?

We are big Nascar fans and wanted to surprise the kids if it is worth it. both boys are 14 and our daugther is 11

Our daughter did it just last week (she just turned 13) and loved it! They get 3 laps, then you have a choice of add-ons like a photo, plaque, video, etc. The video comes on a flashdrive. Some general tips - there is a shuttle between the track and the TTC, but I don't think it runs continuously. I'm not sure what the schedule is. We took a cab there from our resort and then asked for the shuttle back to the TTC after. The Junior ride-alongs can't be reserved - it is first come first served only. We were the first to sign up when they opened, but it had been raining, so we had to wait almost 2 hours for the track to dry. There is a small souvenir shop with cold drinks, candy, chips and coffee available for purchase. The waiting area is outside, and has a couple of picnic tables and several chairs under a cover. Kids are required to wear closed-toe shoes. The racing suits and helmets are provided. It was one of the highlights of her trip - we'd highly recommend it.

Our daughter did it just last week (she just turned 13) and loved it! They get 3 laps, then you have a choice of add-ons like a photo, plaque, video, etc. The video comes on a flashdrive. Some general tips - there is a shuttle between the track and the TTC, but I don't think it runs continuously. I'm not sure what the schedule is. We took a cab there from our resort and then asked for the shuttle back to the TTC after. The Junior ride-alongs can't be reserved - it is first come first served only. We were the first to sign up when they opened, but it had been raining, so we had to wait almost 2 hours for the track to dry. There is a small souvenir shop with cold drinks, candy, chips and coffee available for purchase. The waiting area is outside, and has a couple of picnic tables and several chairs under a cover. Kids are required to wear closed-toe shoes. The racing suits and helmets are provided. It was one of the highlights of her trip - we'd highly recommend it.

how much were the add ons like the video and picture?

My DS16 did the Nascar ridealong for his 14th Bday and loved it and just did the exotic ride along for his 16th, also loved. He now wants to drive on his 18th!

The extras add up quickly but were totally worth it. We have his video on the desktop on his pc and he views it often. I think maybe $40 for that(?) and the photos we did in the plaque and that was also about the same.

We even brought back a used tires from the cars, $5.

That sounds about right...we got the photo in the paper folder and it was around $17 to $20 and the plaque was about twice that...and the video was around $40.

thanks! I think we will get the video for all three kids for sure.... maybe even me and dad too - LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter