Rich Hyams Eulogy

Sounds pretty much like I had him figured. I will miss him on the boards. I have never been one for political correctness. All my colleagues are waiting for me to be dragged off to HR one of these days. I enjoyed Rich a lot because he said wwhat he thought and screw the person who didn't agree. I found that extremely refreshing and entertaining.

The world has lost another great individual. :(

i have been a dvc member for ten years now and rich was soo much my info guy .. we got married in a GV. and I thank him for his insite. god bless all of you .. thanks for sharing....dave diot and family ... ...

I can't believe I am crying over some one who I have never met..I was so shocked when I read about Rich that I had to close the computer..Now that I have had time to read about him from his family it only makes me so glad that I got a chance to "know him" through this forum..God Bless your family and please post along with us your idea's and love of Disney..We will mis Rich very much as he had the courage to say what he felt..Thanks again Marianne

Thanks to all the family for their posts. I've had another good cry and feel blessed to have "known" Rich. I'll admit that when I first started on this board, I was always so scared that I would post something and take a beating from Rich. But it didn't take too long to figure out that he was just pushing buttons. He will be greatly missed.

Originally posted by richyamsister
A funny story you may all appreciate - I got married 3 years ago. My photographer at my wedding was a DVC member - he had just bought at BW. Somehow this came up in conversation. And at every chance he got, Rich talked up his beloved OKW and told the photographer that he was going to be very dissapointed in the small rooms at the BW...etc. (you all know his feelings).

They debated the room size, location, pools, etc. throughout the day. Luckily this spirited debate didn't effect my pictures - they still came out beautiful.

This is too funny....and we don't have any problem imagining that day of Rich needling the photographer mercilessly. I hope the photographer didn't mention that he wanted to put five people in a studio too! :p

Thanks for taking the time to share the eulogy and stories about Rich with this internet community. It really is remarkable and very much appreciated.

Our thoughts and prayers continue to head your way. :)

Thank you so much for sharing all your memories of Rich with us. I got goose bumps reading the eulogy. Someone mentioned that we are like family here on these boards. I hope you will stick around and join us.....you are most welcome here.::yes::

Thank you for sharing with us ~ as you may have guessed, it means alot to us on disboard family here.::yes::

Take care:grouphug:

Many Thanks to your family for sharing such personal moments with us. Our Dis Family appreciates you thinking of us, especially in your time of grief.

Rich will be missed, and yet always thought about by many of us who take the long walk down a BWV hallway or when we see trash in the hallways.

Thanks for remembering us.

dozens of people and families responded with heartfelt sympathies and words of encouragement from all corners of the country
...make that "all corners of the world " (and I don't mean just Walt Disney World!).

Rich was 'known' on the DVC board by many posters from outside of the US, too. I'll never be able to step inside a GV at OKW again without thinking of him!

Thanks for sharing your family memories here :)

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I thought he was abrassive at first but then began to realize that you always knew where he stood.Then I thought he was too funny, he could get people riled up fast..

I hope that time will easy your family's pain.

Best Wishes,

mt2

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Many people on the boards have learned a lot from you and the rest of the family, and it is greatly appreciated that you took the time to write and share with us. I'm glad you were also able to see how much of an impact Rich had on so many people and how much he will be missed.

You guys have been great sharing Rich with us through these wonderful stories. The eulogy was brilliant. He's definitely missed, but I feel as though your postings have helped to overcome the shock of his passing. His spirit is definitely still here and always will be, I'm sure. Thanks for giving us some insight into the life of Rich. :wave2:

I loved to read the discussions that rich was a part of.....they were always entertaining. I found myself at times searching for his opinion on topics, he always seemed to 'give it to us straight.' I have been a lurker and infrequent writer since 1999.....this board will most certainly NOT be the same. Shell

Thanks for sharing. I am sure he will be missed in all aspects of his life.

I have always loved reading Richyams'posts. After reading about him tonight w/ what you have shared about your brother I know why. He sounds like he was just a straight shooting, stand-up , " "what you see is what you get" type of guy.

Although we will miss him here on the DVC boards, it does not compare to the loss of your family. Thank you for sharing your memories . God Bless.

Thanks so much for posting the eulogy and thoughts from the family. It's so funny how someone you have never met can have such an impact such as tonight. We are actually at OKW and were driving back to our villa and I thought of him. We are BWV owners but still love to stay at OKW on occasion. We are having a wonderful time and as we parked I noticed we were in front of a GV, and who came to mind right away but Rich. He will be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter