• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rice krispies treat with no marshmallows??

pampam

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a good recipe? I've tried various times but they end up with goo on the bottom of the pan.

Does anyone have a good recipe? I've tried various times but they end up with goo on the bottom of the pan.

You need the marshmallows to hold everything together. Make sure you measure everything correctly and melt/mix VERY well, spray the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.

Thanks. Money is tight this week but I do have these ingredients. I'll try it today.

Over here our recipe never includes marshmallows - here's one I found in a recipe book:

6 oz chocolate
2 T golden syrup
2oz butter or margerine
4oz rice crispies

Break chocolate into a saucepan, add syrup and butter/marg and heat gently for 2-3 minutes until melted

Carefully stir the rice crispies until they are evenly coated with chocolate mixture

cake cases with spoonfuls of mixture and chill for 1-2 hours until set

Store in airtight box for up to 5 days (Yeah, right!!!! Like there's any left to store:rolleyes1)

Word of warning - I once had a :idea: to do a double quantity - BAD! That is a looooooooot of rice crispies:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter