Rice Krispie Treats? Share your secrets!

Erin1700

<font color=purple>At least I am bragging about us
I am making Rice Krispie Treats for our Super Bowl Party. Do you have a secret to making them turn out good??

Dipping them by one corner in melted chocolate seems to be a big hit. I have also made them with cocoa crispies and fruity pebbles.

I add some vanilla extract to the marshmallow mixture after it's all melted....divine!

You can add peanbutter to the meltd marshmallow and butter mixture. I like then that way :). If you the also dip them in collate, as suggested above, they taste almost like a Reeses Cup

I am making Rice Krispie Treats for our Super Bowl Party. Do you have a secret to making them turn out good??
Use only real butter and marshmallows, the treats made from the fluff stuff in a jar are just not the same to me. Keep them classic, no added stuff, classic is the best.

My biggest problem when I make them is that I eat it all out of the pan and never get it into the dish to cool, set and serve. :lmao:

I've had them made with Captain Crunch Peanut Butter cereal, totally different experience but tasty nonetheless

Everyone always said my mom's were the best. Her secret....more marshmallows and more butter than the recipe calls for.

Use only real butter and marshmallows, the treats made from the fluff stuff in a jar are just not the same to me. Keep them classic, no added stuff, classic is the best.

My biggest problem when I make them is that I eat it all out of the pan and never get it into the dish to cool, set and serve. :lmao:

I've had them made with Captain Crunch Peanut Butter cereal, totally different experience but tasty nonetheless

Yep...Real butter and name brand marshmallows. The store brand are bland to me.

I second, or is it third, the extra butter and marshmallows. The other way seems to dry to me now.

I agree with the extra butter and marshmallows! They turn out amazing every time we make them that way.

We do one and a half times the recipe. Makes them thicker. We put them in the refrigerator and eat them straight out of the refrigerator. They are soooo much better out of the frig:)

We do one and a half times the recipe. Makes them thicker. We put them in the refrigerator and eat them straight out of the refrigerator. They are soooo much better out of the frig:)
Funny! I don't like mine cold. I like the ooey-gooey-ness of Rice Krispie treats left on the counter. Of course, I like them warm, too, so maybe that is why. DH made some this week.....hint....do NOT overcook the marshmallows in the microwave. :rolleyes2

Thank you for all the tips!
We can not do peanut butter since my little guy is allergic but I will try the other suggestions!

My secret--and this is huge--don't use marshmallows! Seriously, once you try this recipe you will never go back (unless you are a serious marshmallow lover or something, lol). I get requests for these all the time, everybody loves them.

http://www.ricekrispies.com/en_US/r....html#/en_US/recipes/crunchy-fudge-sandwiches

Oh. my. goodness. I just got home from the store, but now I want to go back for butterscotch chips. I've always been a Rice Crispy treat "purist," but those look sooooo yummy! :thumbsup2

For me the biggest tip is to make sure you don't overcook the marshmallows. Melt them over a low heat or else the sugar will crystalize and they'll be crunchy. No one wants a crunchy krispie squre.:)

I thought the vanilla was right in the recipe? I've never made them without it. Oh man, now I really want to make some. Thank goodness I have absolutely none of the ingredients.

1. Double the regular recipe.. put an extra 2 tablespoons of butter and an extra 1/2 bag or so of marshmallows.. (agree on the name brand version too).
2. BUTTER .... the pan.. no spray, oil or margarine.. BUTTER
3. a teaspoon or two of vanilla is tasty... vanilla bean paste is AWESOME!!
4. Do not squash or compact the krispies into the pan tightly... a press yes, moosh,squash or press hard to compact NO.

The above will make huge, thick, gooey, chewy, crispy Rice Treats.. every dang time.

I use to add lots more butter.. but it made the krispies damp and squishy not Crispy krispies. ;)

The best part about Rice Krispie treats?... they are gone in a flash!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter