Rice Crispy Squares or Treats

tataylo2

Earning My Ears
Hello,
I'm a newbie here and I'm sure if this question has been answered here before but I'm having the darnedest time trying to navigate through each forum and thread. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon.

I will be traveling to Orlando in June 2012 with a large group of about 50 people and we will spend a few hours at Downtown Disney after our long 12 hour long bus ride. We will be spending time at DTD to get in the spirit of vacation/relaxation and to kill a few hours until our hotel check in time of 4pm. We are staying on International Drive because we are visiting a number of attractions that are not all Disney.

I visited DTD back in 2005 and I remember going to a shop where I purchased a giant rice crispy square. I can't remember where I purchased it.

So...

I'd like to know of all the locations in Downtown Disney where can I purchase a giant plain rice crispy square.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for that info. It was to my understanding that they don't sell plain treats just the ones smothered in candy and chocolate.

The nice, fresh one's are at Goofy's in DTD and any bakery in any of the parks. They are SO yummy. I just wonder, what's IN that Disney magic that makes me bring them back home?! :worship:

*The prepackaged one's are NOT quite as good.

The prepackaged one's are NOT quite as good.

1) Quite right.
2) Get the treat wrapped in cellophane.
3) Those wrapped in foil have too many preservatives. *

* The taste is actually different. I think it is because they have
the half-life of plutonium.

Our one must have snack at WDW!!! We always go to the Main St Confectionery for the Mickey shaped rice crispie treats. You can get them plain or with chocolate, sprinkles, candy, etc. I agree to look for the fresh and not pre packaged!!

Goofy's Candy Co. is what you want, and I think the Candy Cauldron has them as well. You can also find Mickey rice crispy treats, both plain and with chocolate ears, at most resort food courts (they were a common breakfast for us at POFQ).

If you can't find one at DTD. They have giant plain rice crispy squares at the caramel shop in the German area of Epcot.:)

Both candy shops at DTD/West Side do have the plain fresh rice krispy treats. We bought them there last weekend (DD is addicted).

This is DH's favorite treat at WDW. Just like the OP, he loves them from Candy Cauldron. I'm not 100% positive, but I think the ones at Goofy's that we saw were pre-packaged.

This is DH's favorite treat at WDW. Just like the OP, he loves them from Candy Cauldron. I'm not 100% positive, but I think the ones at Goofy's that we saw were pre-packaged.

We got some at Goofy's this summer and they were freshly made behind the glass. I believe they also have others that are pre-packaged, but they are out on the counter. Just look where the other homemade goodies are (like cookies and cupcakes)! ;)

We got some at Goofy's this summer and they were freshly made behind the glass. I believe they also have others that are pre-packaged, but they are out on the counter. Just look where the other homemade goodies are (like cookies and cupcakes)! ;)

Yay! Hopefully, they have some when we go back. Those are lovely dining plan snacks (but the fresh ones only please).

Just had to add my .02...
Yes make sure you get the ones that are homemade that are either in the case or wrapped in celophane not pre-packaged there is a real difference and it's becomming harder to find the homemade ones! IMHO the magic is in the homemadeness (is that a word?), yes you can make these ar home but you would probably used the whole recipe for 4 squares :rolleyes1...these are my ultimate fave at disney :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter