• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rib Roast Left Overs???

DisneySarah80

DIS Veteran
I still have probably about 2 pounds of rib roast left. What the heck can I do with it?!??!

I am NOT going food shopping, but in the house, I also have:

1 onion
1 garlic
pasta
pasta sauce
Pilbury Crescent Rolls (uncooked)
cheeses
hummus
some carrots, tomatoes, celery
refried beans (no taco shells left)
french bagget
chicken broth

I'm sure I have more stuff, but I can't think right now.... So what can I make??

I'd do open faced sandwiches.

Slice the onion, grate the garlic and put plenty of butter in a pan and cook down.

Slice rib roast.

Toast any bread you have - even the baguette if you have enough.

Lay meat on the toast, drizzle with the onions and butter and put it under the broiler for a few minutes.

Last night we used our only leftovers on salad. I sliced it thin and warmed it in the microwave. It was yummy.

If I had more I might stir fry with broccoli and serve over rice, use it in burritos or quesadillas, serve as a warm sandwich on rolls or make a strogonoff type dish with pasta.

If you warm it in the microwave, don't overheat. It can dry out quickly.I find it helps to cover it with a wet paper towel first.

Ooh, I do have rice... and the chicken broth.. and I know I have frozen cauliflower, so that means I MAY have frozen brocolli... If I do, I could do a brocolli stir fry with onions, garlic, rice, and the beef.
Or I could do beef mac n' cheese.... but thats pretty heavy!! Pasta with meat sauce.... I don't know, but with all these suggestions, I'm sure I'll figure something out - Thanks!!

Slice the onion, grate the garlic and put plenty of butter in a pan and cook down.

Slice rib roast.

Lay meat on the toast, drizzle with the onions and butter and put it under the broiler for a few minutes.

Do this!!!!! This is how we always do our Christmas roast leftovers and it's even better this way than the first time around....lots of butter to cook the onions, lots of melty cheese and garlic.

Slice and use as sandwich meat, or thicker slices warmed up and served similar to a steak, would be my votes.

Making it into soup, IMO, would be a waste of what is one of the best cuts of beef.

Slice rib roast.

This is what I would do too! :) I would make the bread garlic bread under broiler first add the meat and sauteed onions and maybe melt some cheese on it too. Delicious!

Well, I made the stir fry with onion, garlic and brocolli. We are (including my 5 & 6 y/o DDs) on seconds already! I just hope there is some left for DH when he gets home.... lol

ETA - I forgot the brown rice!! Its super sticky, and a bit tasteless, but mixed with everything else, its just fine.

Well, I made the stir fry with onion, garlic and brocolli. We are (including my 5 & 6 y/o DDs) on seconds already! I just hope there is some left for DH when he gets home.... lol

ETA - I forgot the brown rice!! Its super sticky, and a bit tasteless, but mixed with everything else, its just fine.

Yeah, glad that worked out! Did you use up all your leftover meat?

We always get a standing rib roast for Christmas and the day after, I always make a roast beef hash for dinner - it's got onions, potatoes, the meat, gravy, salt & pepper and a bit of fat for cooking it. It's really tasty! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter